Free Diablo III with annual pass to WoW

Daviddenton3

CAGiversary!
Just read a story on gamesradar about Blizzard offering a free digital copy of Diablo III to everyone who signs up for an Annual Pass to World of Warcraft.

When it becomes available you get to download Diablo 3, and there was even info on if you bought the collector's edition of Diablo 3 then you can still register the game and get any perks that come with it and add 4 more months to your pass for free.

Annual Pass also comes with a special mount (probably flip that for some good money) and access to the Beta of the new upcoming expansion (Mists of Pandaria).

I'm nearly broke all the time (hence being a CAG) but setting it at a $15 a month plan is manageable.

[quote name='cRodz']
more proof that the only good Warcraft game was Warcraft 3.
WoW killed my beloved game[/QUOTE]

Weren't most of these animal/person things introduced in Warcraft 3?

^Beat me to it.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Yeah I was unsure what the skull actually looked like. And yep good point the LE comes with Diablo 2 as well.[/QUOTE]
Ah gotcha. When I read "Diablos" at first I thought you were speaking to the possibility of multiple Diablo games being included on the device. :dunce:

I hope you're right that they include a Diablo skull on the device, that'd be pretty wicked. Part of me fears that the rounded shape of a human skull lends itself more easily to being used. Have they said how much the storage space the USB device has?

[quote name='cRodz']more proof that the only good Warcraft game was Warcraft 3.
WoW killed my beloved game[/QUOTE]
The gameplay graphics of Warcraft 3 and WoW have much more in common, though (edit: yeah, what they said). I'm sure it's only a matter of time (years) before they hit us with Warcraft 4.

[quote name='Thrinn']Ah gotcha. When I read "Diablos" at first I thought you were speaking to the possibility of multiple Diablo games being included on the device. :dunce:

I hope you're right that they include a Diablo skull on the device, that'd be pretty wicked. Part of me fears that the rounded shape of a human skull lends itself more easily to being used. Have they said how much the storage space the USB device has?

The gameplay graphics of Warcraft 3 and WoW have much more in common, though (edit: yeah, what they said). I'm sure it's only a matter of time (years) before they hit us with Warcraft 4.[/QUOTE]

Not that I am aware of.

[quote name='yukonrye']Weren't most of these animal/person things introduced in Warcraft 3?[/QUOTE]

I don't think WarCraft 3 had the Worgen (wolf man) or the Arrakoa (bird thing)... and the Draenei (space goat) are based off the Burning Legion's Eredar in WarCraft 3, although I don't think they introduced a female model until WoW.

I'm still not quite sold on Mists of Pandaria. I like that it's going to be more like the original WoW where there isn't some big bad villain to serve as an end-game boss, and will focus more on the resurgent conflict between the Horde vs. Alliance. I can definitely see Blizzard setting things up for a post-Titan WoW by making the game enjoyable even without a massive amount of hardcore gamers supporting its current raid-centric gameplay.

I will probably sign up for this annual pass because I still enjoy playing WoW, even though I don't raid as much. Blizzard has done an excellent job as of late catering to the more casual WoW crowd while still making the necessary improvements to the hardcore aspects of the game.

it's a soulstone, not a skull
diablo3collector.jpg

I dropped WoW because they started handing everything out, and thus being an effective raider became less and less rewarding/interesting.

Also, they just lost that magic the world had in vanilla and burning crusade -- such beautiful games..

[quote name='panzerfaust']I dropped WoW because they started handing everything out, and thus being an effective raider became less and less rewarding/interesting.

Also, they just lost that magic the world had in vanilla and burning crusade -- such beautiful games..[/QUOTE]

In other words they made the game accesible and enjoyable to 80% of the people that play it instead of just the top 20%. There is a reason WoW ate EQs lunch and games like Vanguard failed hard. People dont want a game built just for top end raiders.

Ya know, I didn't consider bringing Pandas into the game ludicrous at all. They had a merc hero unit in Warcraft 3, Chen Stormstout palled around with Rexxar in the Horde's Frozen Throne "campaign", and there's already a bunch of animal-human hybrids. What I did find offsetting is building an entire expansion around them. An entirely new continent with no previous lore makes for a place that I as a player have no idea why I'm there.

Think the most bizarre thing about the expansion is how they're programming Pokemon into the game.

As for the deal at hand...if you're planning on playing World of Warcraft for at least 8 of the next 12 months and planning to buy Diablo 3, this is a good enough deal. Any time less than that, you're better off paying for your WoW time and D3 individually. Myself, not signing up for this. 4.3 launches in about 2-4 weeks by my guesstimation, and it's scheduled to be the last major content patch of Cataclysm. Expansions typically come out a year after they're announced. I don't see myself spending 5 months with just 4.3 content.

[quote name='MSI Magus']In other words they made the game accesible and enjoyable to 80% of the people that play it instead of just the top 20%. There is a reason WoW ate EQs lunch and games like Vanguard failed hard. People dont want a game built just for top end raiders.[/QUOTE]

lol WoW was at its peak with BC because it perfectly catered to both demographics. it's still an excellent MMO for the casual player nowadays, but it's no longer what it used to be, and we do see the numbers getting smaller.

[quote name='panzerfaust']lol WoW was at its peak with BC because it perfectly catered to both demographics. it's still an excellent MMO for the casual player nowadays, but it's no longer what it used to be, and we do see the numbers getting smaller.[/QUOTE]

The numbers are getting smaller because the game is old, there are new MMOs dropping left and right and pretty much everyone has played the game to death. The same thing happened to EQ. Many people also just think that the $15 a month MMO fee is outdated.

As for being perfectly balanced, again I think people at the top thought that but many/most others still felt the grind was too slow and that too much of the game was limited to the big raiders.

[quote name='thetruelokre']http://i.imgur.com/rvCRI.jpg

just thought i'd leave this here...[/QUOTE]

Honestly I think this picture just shows how much the Panda's don't fit in with the rest of the game. All the monsters look like rather twisted fantasy things. The Panda looks like some dude in a fursuit.

Anyways, I'm kinda interested in this deal. Was there any hint of a release date for the expansion? I remember when they sent everyone a free week of WoW over the summer I was pretty bored with what there was to do in the game. Just some insane new dailies that were like "Do these quests every day for a month and then something cool will happen". And also an hour long quest to attend Thrall's marriage along with a bunch of elves and dragons.

I'm not going to pay for a year's worth of time just to do fucking that.

I think they are mainly adding the pandas because many fans have been wanting them for awhile. Though i can't really understand people questioning the pandas fitting into a game that has robot squirrels and gnome death knights.

No word on when it will be released but getting in on this pass supposedly gets you into that Beta for it. I wanna see the new Monk class
Monk Class + Worgen= J. Talbain

I haven't played the game in ages so there would be more than enough content to fill out a year's subscription, but then I would likely have to buy the missing expansions so that kind of kills the deal.

Also, hell yes pandas.

Looking at the shape of the diablo skull and the hole in the forehead (and that I think I can make out a very faint square recess within the hole), it looks like the soulstone USB drive fits inside the skull for storage. Maybe the skull is also a USB hub who knows.

I am tempted to buy this on opening day, but also equally tempted to wait for a sale. I guess it will depend on when it exactly comes out, how available it is, and what else I have going on at the time. I don't think you can ever really go wrong with Blizzard CEs.

Ruahrc

While I my gameplay has gone done while game collecting has gone up, D3 is one game I will and sadly, my gf too, will lose to. Can't wait for D3 and the online play...

[quote name='nas6034']While I my gameplay has gone done while game collecting has gone up, D3 is one game I will and sadly, my gf too, will lose to. Can't wait for D3 and the online play...[/QUOTE]

what? :whistle2:k

if ya got a maxed out chr wow is only fun during expansions and sadly they don't release em but once every 2.5 years.

for a 1st mmo its good too but imo a lot of what made the original good is gone due to newbies not existing anymore :)

anyways i had some hope for d3 but it sounds like they are puling the same bullshit as what made sc2 suck; shitty short campaign with grinds rather than content and most focus on mp. for an rpg i just dont think thats goign to work. i see blizz probably cutting back pretty soon and making wow free to play once that starwars game comes out

[quote name='Vegan']Free Diablo and panda bears. The Acts of Desperation begin.[/QUOTE]

What reason does Blizzard have to be desperate? I am just curious. Oh yea, they don't. Haters gonna hate. I don't play WoW anymore but i cannot say i didn't enjoy Vanilla and BC.

This deal further proves that Blizzard is a brand name. You think Diablo 3 wouldn't sell without this deal?...Just the fact they are offering one of their games for free to people who play one of their other games says a lot to me. Best developer on PC if you ask me.

[quote name='Kevfactor']if ya got a maxed out chr wow is only fun during expansions and sadly they don't release em but once every 2.5 years.

for a 1st mmo its good too but imo a lot of what made the original good is gone due to newbies not existing anymore :)

anyways i had some hope for d3 but it sounds like they are puling the same bullshit as what made sc2 suck; shitty short campaign with grinds rather than content and most focus on mp. for an rpg i just dont think thats goign to work. i see blizz probably cutting back pretty soon and making wow free to play once that starwars game comes out[/QUOTE]

10 million subscribers during an expansion lull, I don't think theyre going f2p anytime soon. We have to wait and see for star wars because so far other mmo have not been able to compete with wow in the long run.

They're not gonna be going F2P any time soon. Still have a strong subscriber base they are the model for what every MMO hopes to become. If you combine all other MMO's out there right now their user base doesn't even come close to WoW's. We're talking about a 7 year old game here.

It's losing it's user base because I imagine most people would get tired of a game that they've been playing for 7 years. The MMO model is pretty much dead because WoW. Game developers now are too scared to create a new game so they essentially copy WoW and put a fancy GUI on it. They wonder why they can't keep the user base because most players come in there and get bored after a month of playing because they've played this game before.

What is it with people complaining about Blizzard's single player modes? The fact that Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 even have single player modes is generous. This is a company that has made billions on their multiplayer setups which have been copied mercilessly.

You can start complaining about Blizzard's single player when people start complaining about Call of Duty single player (at least Blizzard games have a story in single player)

[quote name='otakuseth'] Best developer on PC if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Funny. You misspelled Valve wrong.

[quote name='Daviddenton3']The fact that Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 even have single player modes is generous. [/QUOTE]

oh for the love of God...
What is it with you people?

bread's done
Back