FREE 'Final Fantasy 13 Chocobo' Avatar item for Xbox Live Members ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiNuN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Microsoft is in promotion with Square-Enix to give out codes for a free item for your avatars, Final Fantasy 13's Chocobo.

Click on the link that is your region, or else it will say it is not available in your region.

ENJOY.

Link for the Canadians
http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/games/splash/f/finalfantasyXIII/

Link for the Americans
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/splash/f/finalfantasyXIII/

Link for the Europeans
[URL]http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/splash/f/finalfantasyXIII/
[/URL]
stagetwitterUnlocked_ca.jpg

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/splash/f/finalfantasyXIII/

[quote name='intoxicated662']Yes, but the other threads didn't have a U.S. link it was only for people in the U.K. and other countries. Thanks op![/QUOTE]
The original thread WAS for people in the U.S....

thanks op
signed up.
i think this is the first thing ive gotten for my avatar other then the initial clothing of the bastard.

[quote name='aquateen168']has anyone gotten there codes yet[/QUOTE]

Sadly, nope. Also, thanks again for the information; signed up for one!

Well for those of us who have actually played all the the Final Fantasy games (especially the online game), we know that a baby chocobo looks like a baby chick, and therefore dont mind the way the avatar prop looks. Joo dun like it, joo dun danlurd it.

[quote name='n10zguy']Well for those of us who have actually played all the the Final Fantasy games (especially the online game), we know that a baby chocobo looks like a baby chick, and therefore dont mind the way the avatar prop looks. Joo dun like it, joo dun danlurd it.[/QUOTE]

Played most FF games and ive never seen one. Maybe it was in the horrible MMO game.

[quote name='Metalic']Played most FF games and ive never seen one. Maybe it was in the horrible MMO game.[/QUOTE]

I love how people who have never played a game can so easily slap a 'horrible' label on it. I played it for 6 years and it was not 'horrible'.

Also, this is a promo for FFXIII, and unless you have been deliberately avoiding all the videos/demos out there for the game, you will see the baby chocobo that travels with one of the main characters.

What you say is true, but that is an opinion and everyone is free to have one, whether or not you disagree with it.

[quote name='n10zguy']I love how people who have never played a game can so easily slap a 'horrible' label on it. I played it for 6 years and it was not 'horrible'.[/QUOTE]

I played it for 5 years, from NA PC release, and it was not 'horrible' but it had TONS of flaws that fan boys tend to glaze over. Regardless it does get a bad name from people who never played it. I give it a 6.5/10.

I sign up for this during the first post. looks like we'll be getting it sometime mid this month

Edit: Just noticed this, but under the chicken/chocobo it says "This image is a representation only, and is not final". That should put some of you at rest

[quote name='draven1089']I sign up for this during the first post. looks like we'll be getting it sometime mid this month

Edit: Just noticed this, but under the chicken/chocobo it says "This image is a representation only, and is not final". That should put some of you at rest[/QUOTE]

Well it's the in game version of the Chocobo, while the Avatar one will probably be a little more cartoony/less detailed.

hopefully down the road they will have a chef's outfit and a chef's hat...then I have my baby chochobo out and the KFC gamerpic up.

I hope it looks like the chochobos from DS game...otherwise a free avatar chicken is still a free avatar chicken.

thanks op.

[quote name='n10zguy']I love how people who have never played a game can so easily slap a 'horrible' label on it. I played it for 6 years and it was not 'horrible'.

Also, this is a promo for FFXIII, and unless you have been deliberately avoiding all the videos/demos out there for the game, you will see the baby chocobo that travels with one of the main characters.[/QUOTE]

I like the Chocobo, but FF11 was terrible, and I'm a person who actually enjoys MMOs and normally doesn't mind paying a fee to play, but it felt like an extremely generic MMO, almost like the million free ones from Korea. It did nothing special.

And for the record, I had at least three months I put in, I kept trying to like it. I really did. I don't just play a game for the first 10 levels/a free demo length.

I disagree. FFXI has a ton of stuff for people to do endgame and to do at lower levels. I played WoW for like 4 months and all of it was more of the same crap. Level up. Kill other PCs. Fight monsters for better gear to better kill other PC's.

At least FFXI has a ton of story-driven missions for you to get into with cutscenes and NPC's you actually give a damn about. It's not all just mindless repetition.

At least with FFXI I feel like I have taken something out of it.

So...what do the people who have been following the FF series for years get?
You know...the ones who stayed with the sony's new system like they were leading on that they were doing.

Not going to turn this into a WoW / FFXI discussion. I loved both games for their own reasons, but to claim WoW lacks endgame is just ignorant. It's endgame was far more in depth and developed than FFXI could have ever hoped to be - it also required far more group coordination and advanced battle tactics. As advanced as FFXI's fights got until recently were: "stand here." FFXI's endgame was one of two things, standing around 4 hours hoping to out claim a bot, or farming for pop items for hours. PvP in WoW is optional. There are PvE servers. Also (at least since BC - I realize this was different in Vanillia) endgame gear from PvE does little for PvP. FFXI did have a decent story, but its easy to claim that because of the cutscenes, ultimately WoW has a much richer lore and more in depth stories, it's just not as linear and thus harder to follow. Every quest in WoW has some sort of story - many of which relate to the lore of the world. It's not 'bring me two bat wings and I'll give you 100 gil." To say WoW was repeative in comparision is laughable - FFXI is very grind heavy, countless hours are spent in XP parties, even after level cap to get merits. Most of what you do in FFXI is get gear to XP faster.

Regardless as long as you liked the game that's all that matters, different strokes for different folks. I just don't like misinformation. Again I liked both for different reasons but I'm not under any assumptions that FFXI was something that it is not.

Thanks to the OP, even if this is a repost.

In for my own Final Fantasy pre-perishable flightless land fowl.

[quote name='n10zguy']I disagree. FFXI has a ton of stuff for people to do endgame and to do at lower levels. I played WoW for like 4 months and all of it was more of the same crap. Level up. Kill other PCs. Fight monsters for better gear to better kill other PC's.

At least FFXI has a ton of story-driven missions for you to get into with cutscenes and NPC's you actually give a damn about. It's not all just mindless repetition.

At least with FFXI I feel like I have taken something out of it.[/QUOTE]

Lol.

[quote name='Metalic']Lol.[/QUOTE]

I am sure you had a point with the phrases you highlighted, but i regret to inform you that you failed to make it.

[quote name='n10zguy']I am sure you had a point with the phrases you highlighted, but i regret to inform you that you failed to make it.[/QUOTE]

Haha!

Oh hai didn't see you're Bham too, although I'm sure I already knew that. Anyways for reference I'll be at least trying FF14 with an open mind.

[quote name='Izod517']Haha!

Oh hai didn't see you're Bham too, although I'm sure I already knew that. Anyways for reference I'll be at least trying FF14 with an open mind.[/QUOTE]

I'm still debating whether I ever want to get involved with another MMORPG ever again. I played FFXI for 6 years. It was fun but I dont know if I want to invest that kind of time into another video game. I guess I will make that call as it gets closer to release. I really like the graphics so far though.

[quote name='n10zguy']I am sure you had a point with the phrases you highlighted, but i regret to inform you that you failed to make it.[/QUOTE]

The FF MMO having story driven missions made me lol. Saying you played WoW and im assuming you are implying WoW has no story driven missions.

Im sorry you couldnt put the two together but i really didnt expect you to.

Im looking forward to FF14. Hopefully beta it on PC first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back