Free full 1 year eca membership no purchase needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.

Last edited by a moderator:
hahaha man that's funny. Thanks a lot OP. I have a couple questions I hope someone can answer for me:1. Does the discount work on books or only video games? I have some school books I need to buy.2. I registered the account to an e-mail that is different than my amazon.com e-mail. Will that be a problem? Where will I get my codes to enter in? The reason I used a different email is because they said my amazon.com email was already registered with them, but I never really registered just validated e-mail. Damn I probably could've used it anyway. Help?Thanks very much

Thanks OP, hope things go smoothly and these codes continue to work/be offered. I signed up. I had been considering signing up for a while but wasn't sure I'd get the $20 back every year. Now I can't go wrong!

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe']hahaha man that's funny. Thanks a lot OP. I have a couple questions I hope someone can answer for me:1. Does the discount work on books or only video games? I have some school books I need to buy.2. I registered the account to an e-mail that is different than my amazon.com e-mail. Will that be a problem? Where will I get my codes to enter in? The reason I used a different email is because they said my amazon.com email was already registered with them, but I never really registered just validated e-mail. Damn I probably could've used it anyway. Help?Thanks very much[/QUOTE]

video games only... no books..

no it will not be a problem that you ECA email does not match your amazon email ..

you go to the members area of ECA to get your amazon codes.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe']hahaha man that's funny. Thanks a lot OP. I have a couple questions I hope someone can answer for me:1. Does the discount work on books or only video games? I have some school books I need to buy.2. I registered the account to an e-mail that is different than my amazon.com e-mail. Will that be a problem? Where will I get my codes to enter in? The reason I used a different email is because they said my amazon.com email was already registered with them, but I never really registered just validated e-mail. Damn I probably could've used it anyway. Help?Thanks very much[/QUOTE]

I was just a minute too late in answering the question. Nevertheless, slidecage had the same info for you.

Thanks a lot. After reading again I knew the answer to my first question, but thanks very much for answering both, both of you. I was on the fence about signing up about a month ago, I like free.

Just signed up for this. I cancled my preorder on demon souls and it is now down to 60.xx. Already have a profit of 6 bucks and change. I might end up liking this and for only 19.99 a year I might just let it renew. As for if you can tell when signing up if they don't charge you, one of the pages listed 19.99 then under that -19.99 and said I think sponsership discount.

Now if only something like this would be around for movies and music.

yeah but only 5 bucks and you have to spend 75 bucks atleast. I was thinking more of somthing that was 5-10% off and you not have an amount you have to spend.

Thanks for the heads up! I was going to be picking up a membership in the next month so I could use the discount on all my holiday game purchases. :D

When I go to the page they sent to my e-mail address to confirm I am getting a "Secure Connection Failed" message in Firefox and the same basic message in IE, whats up with that?

Edit: Also, what's up with their contact page having addresses like "membership(at)theeca(dot)com"

So how long does it take to get the confirmation email? I got the newsletter one instantly but nothing else and its been about a 30 minutes.

can someone explain this eca thing to me?

so i signed up, and i know where to get the amazon codes. what does it mean by "these codes expire on 9/30/09?"

if i can get infinite codes, why does it matter if these expire? then i would just get another code after that time, right?

[quote name='tekalien88']When I go to the page they sent to my e-mail address to confirm I am getting a "Secure Connection Failed" message in Firefox and the same basic message in IE, whats up with that?

Edit: Also, what's up with their contact page having addresses like "membership(at)theeca(dot)com"[/QUOTE]

These two things set my stetch-alarm off too… wondering if anyone else got that message or seen other red flags?

i am not receiving any emails from them. its been over 12 hours with no email. ive tried resending the validation email several times and it says it has been sent but i am not receiving it to my .edu email address

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']These two things set my stetch-alarm off too… wondering if anyone else got that message or seen other red flags?[/QUOTE]

I got that notice too, but i just added it as an exception in Firefox. Regarding the email address wording, I've seen many people write their email addresses like that online to avoid spambots cluttering up their e-mail address.

The ECA is a legit website. I'm not at all fazed by either of those things tbh.

[quote name='hyunkim']can someone explain this eca thing to me?

so i signed up, and i know where to get the amazon codes. what does it mean by "these codes expire on 9/30/09?"

if i can get infinite codes, why does it matter if these expire? then i would just get another code after that time, right?[/QUOTE]
if you just leave that code there it will expire after 9/30/09 amazon probally only gave them so many codes to use so they recycle them.

So I'm trying to sign up but I get this error..

* warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in /home/crestgroup/theeca/wwwroot/sites/all/modules/ubercart/payment/uc_recurring/uc_recurring.module on line 109.
* warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/crestgroup/theeca/wwwroot/sites/all/modules/ubercart/payment/uc_recurring/uc_recurring.module on line 109.
* There are no payment methods configured for orders with recurring fees!
* Please contact an administrator to solve the issue.
* Payment method field is required.
* Checkout cannot be completed without any payment methods enabled. Please contact an administrator to resolve the issue.

Any idea what's going on? I get this error on both Firefox & IE, on my desktop and laptop.

Can someone help me out here? I signed up on the website, it automatically took me in to the order page for the membership, but after putting in my CC info and whatnot I got an unhandled error:

warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in /home/crestgroup/theeca/wwwroot/sites/all/modules/ubercart/payment/uc_recurring/uc_recurring.module on line 109.

So, I tried it in a different browser, but of course I can't create a new account with the same email. So I have my account, but no actual ECA membership. I don't see anywhere on the website to actually order the ECA membership, and when I click on members I just get "access denied, please login to see this content" even though I'm already logged in.

Where the heck do I actually put in the order?

[quote name='Vcize']Can someone help me out here? I signed up on the website, it automatically took me in to the order page for the membership, but after putting in my CC info and whatnot I got an unhandled error:

warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in /home/crestgroup/theeca/wwwroot/sites/all/modules/ubercart/payment/uc_recurring/uc_recurring.module on line 109.

So, I tried it in a different browser, but of course I can't create a new account with the same email. So I have my account, but no actual ECA membership. I don't see anywhere on the website to actually order the ECA membership, and when I click on members I just get "access denied".

Where the hell do I actually put in the order?[/QUOTE]

Interesting -- I can't even put in my CC but get the same error.

I am also getting that array error. I actually didn't get the error at first, until after I put in my credit card details. After submitting, all of a sudden I got that error. Hopefully my information is safe since it has no protection whatsoever when submitting the credit card.

Tried multiple browsers as well.

Seems to me there is an issue with their site right now.

[quote name='clpfrma09']i am not receiving any emails from them. its been over 12 hours with no email. ive tried resending the validation email several times and it says it has been sent but i am not receiving it to my .edu email address[/QUOTE]

Your school probably has a quarantine system the totally blocks e-mails they consider spam. Mine does that, they don't even save the e-mail and let me choose to receive them. My school just saves the sender address and the subject line and only sends a report about it to me if I opt in.

You should just have it sent to a hotmail or other address since you get the membership free whether it's .edu or .com.

I'm also getting the error where there's no payment method option. I'll try registering late tonight and see if it works.

In for this as well. Not sure how much I will use it but it's better than nothing. Thanks OP.

[quote name='kintanos']I am also getting that array error. I actually didn't get the error at first, until after I put in my credit card details. After submitting, all of a sudden I got that error. Hopefully my information is safe since it has no protection whatsoever when submitting the credit card.

Tried multiple browsers as well.

Seems to me there is an issue with their site right now.[/QUOTE]

CLick through your email again and it should work...it worked for me!

[quote name='slowdive21']CLick through your email again and it should work...it worked for me![/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know it works again. I tried for a good 10 mins clicking and re-pasting the link over and over again, and I kept getting the error. So I guess they got it fixed now.

THanks OP! I was thinking of getting this at regular price but jumped on it as as soon as I saw this thread. Of course I get accused by my girlfriends mother for signing up for something I shouldn't be signing up for but getting in trouble by my gf is worth the trouble to get this for free.

[quote name='Kendro']Anyone know how to generate a PayPal credit card without downloading the plug-in?[/QUOTE]

Click that you are using a Mac. It will say you can't, but tell you that you can go just go to a certain part of the site. Hit continue. It wants your SS#. After that you are registered for it.

I see this at the Amazon sections of the benefits:

Members please note: These codes expire on 9/30/09

Does that mean that after the 30th there will be no more codes?

But still, this is very cool and I'll make the most of all the services, not just getting games for a discount. At the most, if I find the group bunk or something I don't want to be a member of, I can always cancel and move on. Thanks again op. I'm tight with my games right now, maybe I'll order one game. Who am I kidding? I'll check on something now. :lol:

Thanks, OP! I found this on SlickDeals, but you're the one who found it originally.

Used it for:

A Boy and His Blob Wii (10/13/09)

Item(s) Subtotal: $35.99
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Super Saver Discount: -$4.49
Promotion Applied: -$3.60
-----
Total Before Tax: $32.39
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $32.39

I cannot wait until Black Friday/Holiday sales at Amazon if these coupons are still available. :)

Also, I used my college email address even though I graduated more than a year ago. :) I could still log in and receive the email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back