Free Full Game from Popcap

[quote name='blue ocarina']So it's just in their web player right?

Either way, I wasn't too impressed with it.[/quote]

no, you can fully download the .exe file on the right side of the page.

[quote name='tightclaws']Its a trial version, you need to add that in your title, you have limited access based on time played.[/QUOTE]Are you sure? A screen pops up saying that it's trial based when you first load it, but then you register your game to get rid of it.

Edited to add: It seems to work fine for me.

Hmm, that's weird. According to Joystiq.com, the game is free, as stated below;

If you're looking for something to do this St. Patrick's Day (other than the usual projectile vomiting of chartreuse-hued beverages), PopCap has a frugal suggestion -- starting today and running until March 24, the casual gaming juggernaut is offering Big Money, a title which usually retails for £14.95, for, well, no money. If clearing boards of similarly-colored clusters of coins sounds up your alley, you can now download the full title for free. If not, why not be a dear and pass this story along to your Bejeweled-obsessed grandmother? She'd probably love to hear from you.

source: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/13/popcap-offering-free-game-for-st-patricks-day/

It's strange that all that they offer is a trial game.

Just go to www.popcap.com or www.popcap.co.uk. There is a big banner. It's not the link above. You have to sign up for the newsletter, fill out all your info like name/address/phone in their shopping cart (it's free through a free coupon code), download the game, and then enter a registration code that comes in an email. I just did all this. It works if you do it this way.

ps the game plays a lot like collapse but not quite as good. Well, the price is the only thing better... :)

[quote name='sevast']Just go to www.popcap.com or www.popcap.co.uk. There is a big banner. It's not the link above. You have to sign up for the newsletter, fill out all your info like name/address/phone in their shopping cart (it's free through a free coupon code), download the game, and then enter a registration code that comes in an email. I just did all this. It works if you do it this way.

ps the game plays a lot like collapse but not quite as good. Well, the price is the only thing better... :)[/quote]

ahh the OP failed to do his job. I just went to the link from the other guy....

[quote name='Someone123']Is the game any good?

Worth getting at all?[/quote]

Dude, its free and you obviously have nothing better to do so just download it.

[quote name='Someone123']Is the game any good?

Worth getting at all?[/quote]

You hit color groups of 3 coins or more to keep the money stacks from hitting the top of the screen. Pretty much all there is to it.

Found out about this by following their Twitter. With my crappy computer, I'm always excited to find something that will actually run, which this does. Whether the game is old or not, I still enjoy it.

Thanks alot for the posting, definitely jumped on this one (crappy or not). With this and peggle only being (or was?) $2.50 I'm happy with two games for a bit over a buck a peice.

Just realized that this thread should probably go into the "Contests & Free Stuff" Forum

Thanks OP, it's pretty fun. Thought it was browser based only till I saw Squee's link. :)

EDIT: Just got this code in my first newsletter SAVE 10% -> SAVE10PERCENT

download the game and they'll pay you :D

bread's done
Back