Free Game ($50 BB GC) for test driving a Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drive a Ford... and have to go to BestBuy for my reward?

I know two negatives normally make a positive but I'm pretty sure that rule doesn't apply here.

[quote name='gobz']Shweet, im gonna finish this six pack and head on down[/quote]
Just finish it on the way there, silly!

How long before people figure out which dealer codes to put in and just fill them out themselves? I think Zubi and ePrize just forced themselves into a lot of unplanned verification.

I am hesitant. I mean, like, couldn't this be some elaborate "LOL WE HAVE UR ADDRESS NOW; HERE IS JUNK MAIL" scheme?

[quote name='prateeko']Hell, I'll drive a ford for $50[/quote]

The best part is that usually you don't even have to. Most salesmen will just ask if you are seriously considering buying one. If you say no, they typically just fill out the needed info and save thier time.

is there a requirement to test drive cars ?
Im 17 and got my license early last september....

Think they will let me drive one ?
If not "AWW!"

if so "YES!"

Bah, I got screwed by Kia a few years back over the free LOTR:FOTR DVD with test drive. They claimed they were out of vouchers and would mail it to me. Never showed up.

Moving this over to teh freebie forum, BTW.

[quote name='Limet']is there a requirement to test drive cars ?
Im 17 and got my license early last september....

Think they will let me drive one ?
If not "AWW!"

if so "YES!"[/quote]

Besides having a valid license, you must also be a legal adult (18, or 19 in a couple states). If you can convince them your parents are rich or something tho, they might do it anyway.

You mean that I have to actually drive one of those junkyard-ready new Focuses?

Hopefully I can get away with a salesman signing it. I don't want to be seen in that thing!

[quote name='mephitical']Just finish it on the way there, silly!

How long before people figure out which dealer codes to put in and just fill them out themselves? I think Zubi and ePrize just forced themselves into a lot of unplanned verification.[/quote]

*waits*

I wonder if the dealership has to be in the same state as the Best Buy? ;)

[quote name='sp00ge']Bah, I got screwed by Kia a few years back over the free LOTR:FOTR DVD with test drive. They claimed they were out of vouchers and would mail it to me. Never showed up.

Moving this over to teh freebie forum, BTW.[/quote]

I got screwed by ford before, they said if you came in and talked to their salesman you could win some prizes. So my family went down, did it and they told us we won a WM GC between $5 and $5,000 dollars. Then the salesmen went back to get it but they were out of them, so they said they would mail it to us. Guess what, it never came.

[quote name='darthbudge']I got screwed by ford before, they said if you came in and talked to their salesman you could win some prizes. So my family went down, did it and they told us we won a WM GC between $5 and $5,000 dollars. Then the salesmen went back to get it but they were out of them, so they said they would mail it to us. Guess what, it never came.[/quote]

i guess the good thing about this is that the dealership themselves arent going to be responsible for it directly, and it will be going through eprize instead, which is alot easier to scream and yell at if i dont get my gc, so i guess its a little bit better.

Years ago I was in Quality Paperback Book Club and they had a deal to get $50 credit if you test drove a Chrysler. I went down to the dealership. I showed him the voucher, he just filled it out and handed it back to me. I didn't have to drive anything.

I got some really good books out of that deal.

Cool, I asked my dad if he was interested in test driving a Ford to earn me a $50 BB GC and he said he might be on board for it. He's looking in to getting a new SUV - though he's not at all interested in Ford. I'm certainly old enough to test drive a car myself, but I can't believe any car salesman would be dense enough to think I was there for anything more than the GC.

[quote name='c']So, has anyone tried doing this.[/QUOTE]Yes. Took about an hour, high pressure sales and all that. I had prearranged a friend to call me in one hour with a BS reason to get me out of there.

Got the form filled out, mailed it. Just have to wait a few months and see if anything comes of it. By the way, the Feces feels like it has about 3.5 horsepower.

Did it today. Ridiculously easy, no pressure at all. As with anything car dealership related, the annoyance level will depend on who you get. I would recommend not pulling out the form until you get back from the test drive, and make it completely clear up front that you have no interest in buying today.

[quote name='strummerbs']Did it today. Ridiculously easy, no pressure at all. As with anything car dealership related, the annoyance level will depend on who you get. I would recommend not pulling out the form until you get back from the test drive, and make it completely clear up front that you have no interest in buying today.[/quote]

Yes, it is key to let them know and make sure they understand that you are "car shopping" and want to test all of your potential choices before making a purchase. If they aren't aware, that's when the put the pressure on you and things get awkward.

[quote name='Squarehard']Did anyone get a coupon # when they filled the form out? cause they said they didnt have a coupon #.[/quote]
I was wondering the same thing.

My friend and I went in to the Ford dealership yesterday and we showed the salesman the slip up front and told him we were only doing it for the gift card. He said we didn't have to test drive a car if we didn't want to. My friend ended up test driving a Mustang (not a vehicle with sync) and then the salesman filled our slips out and we left. He was very cool and it took us about 20-30 minutes to do everything.

[quote name='sp00ge']Yes, it is key to let them know and make sure they understand that you are "car shopping" and want to test all of your potential choices before making a purchase. If they aren't aware, that's when the put the pressure on you and things get awkward.[/quote]

Why even bother pretending? The offer is "test drive a ford, get a $50 GC". There's nothing about that inferring you have to have the least bit of interest in any car buying.

I would think just saying "I want the free GC, want me to test drive for it?" should do the trick. I remember doing that exact thing many years ago. I didn't set foot in a car and walked away with the promise of a gift card in the mail (I think I still have the gift card in an album somewhere). I received it not too long afterward, but long enough to almost forget about it.

To the poster who was hassled for an hour: I suggest never trying to buy a car on your own at a dealership...ever.

[quote name='Kerig']

To the poster who was hassled for an hour: I suggest never trying to buy a car on your own at a dealership...ever.[/QUOTE]That may be true, but the only reason I stayed so long was that they hadn't signed my slip yet. When I made it clear I wasn't buying, they signed and let me go. It also took a half hour to get the test-drive done.

$50 to rag a Shelby out, what a deal.

I wanted a new Cobra soooo bad until it became the new Knight Rider vehicle. Abandon Steve McQueen for Hassellhoff (hoping this is incorrect spelling so all Hassellhoff fans on the board will be outed).

FYI to everyone who thinks this is applicable to every make/model: the slip clearly says TEST DRIVE A 2008 FORD FOCUS. If the salesperson is a dick, it's unlikely you'd get it for taking a Mustang or Escape out for a test.

I'm not sure if I want to deal with the headache of a dealership for a BB GC.

[quote name='alongx']FYI to everyone who thinks this is applicable to every make/model: the slip clearly says TEST DRIVE A 2008 FORD FOCUS. If the salesperson is a dick, it's unlikely you'd get it for taking a Mustang or Escape out for a test.

I'm not sure if I want to deal with the headache of a dealership for a BB GC.[/quote]

"Test drive the new 2008 Ford Focus (or any other Ford vehicle with SYNC) and receive a $50 Best Buy® gift certificate."

It doesn't neccesarily have to be a Focus, but it is supposed to have the new SYNC feature.

I did the Chrysler one a couple of years ago - just showed salesman the slip and told him I just wanted the gift card. He shrugged and signed, now to see if the Ford guy is just as non-caring!

right when i started looking for a new car. Thanks OP! Finally an excuse to at least test drive a Mustang

[quote name='NJC']Just so everyone knows.....

I think your supposed to go here:
http://fordsync.eprize.net/juanessweeps/index.tbapp?lang=en&page=login_form

Once you sign up, and go a few pages in there is a link to the page from the OP, and when you click it, it brings up the page from the original post, but has your information all filled out, along with a COUPON CODE

FYI[/quote]I signed up, and didn't see any way to the form...
any other hints?

he is right sign up go to the last page there is a box that says "TEST DRive" with a red car in underneath with a link. Thanks for the heads up was wondering about the coupon code.

I just went and did the thing...

Stood around for 10 mins by the new Ford Edge's....no one
Walked by the used cars....no one
Finally I went inside, and some foreign ass chick said she'd call a salesperson...
5 minutes go by...no one
Foreign chick came back and filled the form I for me and I'm out

Gotta love HB Ford

Sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back