Free Game Download (Choose one game out of ten)

firepelt97

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone else had it say that you aren't a registered user?
EDIT: Nevermind, got it to work. got PoP!

Anyone have trouble downloading these games? I chose Driver, and the download speeds are ridiculously slow. I'm currently downloading it at 15 kb/sec

I wish I hadn't bought Heroes V long ago...would totally downlaod it now...maybe going for anno or siedler hum...

As for the question if those games are available in english...most of them should have language options inside...

Already bought Heroes V a while back, but didn't get any of the add-on packs...considering that the download is the Gold Edition, I will now have said packs (& download version of the game for free)

Thanks; this is going to be great! :bouncy:

[quote name='BlazeP']Does this download a client as well, like Steam, Origin, Desura, etc? Or is it a direct download?[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I haven't actually downloaded a game yet, but according to reddit

The downloadable games are delivered as installers in self-extracting multi-volume RAR archives (700MB per volume) which you can download manually or using a small downloader application.

For no reason at all the site decided the free game I wanted was Driver, but I wanted to get Double Agent :(
Is it possible to make another account to get another game?

[quote name='eulogywerd21']Did it take awhile to get the email? Been waiting about an hour...[/QUOTE]

Try checking your junk or spam? I received my e-mail registration almost instantly.

I just changed emails. Never came to the first 1 I gave. But, I'm to the downloading stage and, my God, it's probably going to take every bit of a week to finish this download at 8 - 9 kb.

I chose Anno 1503 and Settlers since I already have the triple-A titles. Had to shout everything in German to make it more authentic. Danke, OP!

Sorry...I should mention that you can just change your IP or use a VPN to get more games. It's pretty obvious that you can do that, though...

[quote name='Blade']I chose Anno 1503 and Settlers since I already have the triple-A titles. Had to shout everything in German to make it more authentic. Danke, OP!

Sorry...I should mention that you can just change your IP or use a VPN to get more games. It's pretty obvious that you can do that, though...[/QUOTE]

Do they actually IP check? Or can you just clear your cookies and get the rest of the games?

[quote name='MrPiggles']Do they actually IP check? Or can you just clear your cookies and get the rest of the games?[/QUOTE]

Actually, you're right. Claim a game, then go through the process of getting it added to your account. Clear cookies, then sign up with a different e-mail and do it again. Nice catch! Makes it easier. Too bad the servers are overloaded.

[quote name='Blade']Actually, you're right. Claim a game, then go through the process of getting it added to your account. Clear cookies, then sign up with a different e-mail and do it again. Nice catch! Makes it easier. Too bad the servers are overloaded.[/QUOTE]

That is good to hear since I wanted to get Double Agent but for some inexplicable reason Driver was automatically the game I had to get according to the site.

I've used both IE and FireFox, but when clicking the free download it tells me "Diese Seite kannst du als angemeldeter User nicht aufrufen" which translates to "This page can not call you as a registered user" but I'm positive I used the confirmation. Must be that they are just getting too many downloads :/

[quote name='Chcuck57841']That is good to hear since I wanted to get Double Agent but for some inexplicable reason Driver was automatically the game I had to get according to the site.

I've used both IE and FireFox, but when clicking the free download it tells me "Diese Seite kannst du als angemeldeter User nicht aufrufen" which translates to "This page can not call you as a registered user" but I'm positive I used the confirmation. Must be that they are just getting too many downloads :/[/QUOTE]

On another note my download broke down after the first part lol have to download the rest now...

Read on another forum that rayman 3's text and voice acting is in english despite what it says. I would verify bbut I have between 8-15 hours left on my download.

[quote name='SithFord']Yeah I had to download (HoMM) in parts now... :( gonna take days for multiple parts to finish[/QUOTE]

You can download all the parts at once. That is what I did this morning. All of them have about 8 hours left now.

[quote name='Blade']I chose Anno 1503 and Settlers since I already have the triple-A titles. Had to shout everything in German to make it more authentic. Danke, OP!

Sorry...I should mention that you can just change your IP or use a VPN to get more games. It's pretty obvious that you can do that, though...[/QUOTE]

If you choose Anno 1503, then I hope you speak German, since it's german only. Just found out the hard way myself

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Read on another forum that rayman 3's text and voice acting is in english despite what it says. I would verify bbut I have between 8-15 hours left on my download.[/QUOTE]

I'll test that (but it'll take me a few hours to download). I originally wanted Rayman 3 instead of Driver but I thought it was german only. Oh well, at least we can register multiple accounts.

is it faster to get the files via their downloader?

my impression of the site is - a clone of Steam? right down to their registration/login page.

[quote name='basis']is it faster to get the files via their downloader?

my impression of the site is - a clone of Steam? right down to their registration/login page.[/QUOTE]

No, it's much slower if you use their downloader. Best method is to download all parts at the same time.

[quote name='MrPiggles']If you choose Anno 1503, then I hope you speak German, since it's german only. Just found out the hard way myself[/QUOTE]

well...Anno and Siedler are developed in Germany and never were ported anywhere else...go figure...

Sorry for you man, maybe I should have mentioned this fact earlier...

[quote name='venomscarnage']I keep getting an error message whenever I try to download Double Agent.[/QUOTE]

On the page it leads you to after if you see a game then that is the game tied to your account and the error is because you already have a free game. If not then I don't know what is the problem

[quote name='venomscarnage']I keep getting an error message whenever I try to download Double Agent.[/QUOTE]

Don't use that downloader and use the alternate downloads. I just started and finished Double agent within the past 14 hours and did it by downloading all the alternates at once and it worked. I was never able to get that downloader to work correctly and would give me an error after about 30 minutes if not in the first few.

Where do I download this 'McDownloader' program? The alternate download links will not work for me.

What browser you using? On Chrome I had to click each one and wait about 30seconds to a minute then it would start the download then I'd have to click the next one and wait again until I had every part downloading at the same time. On IE I had to right click and save target as for each of the files then wait about 30 seconds to a minute for each one to start.

I can confirm Rayman 3 plays in multiple languages, including english. The download speeds have also improved.. I'm downloading at 150+kb/sec now, and have to redownload one of the files for Driver because it somehow got corrupted.. lol.

Sweet, thanks for posting. Downloading Heroes of Might and Magic V - Gold Edition right now from the primary download source @ over 500kb/sec.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']What browser you using? On Chrome I had to click each one and wait about 30seconds to a minute then it would start the download then I'd have to click the next one and wait again until I had every part downloading at the same time. On IE I had to right click and save target as for each of the files then wait about 30 seconds to a minute for each one to start.[/QUOTE]

On IE when you right clck it will sometimes load a different file for you to save. Dont worry just click the next one. It took forever to download but I just installed the files for HoMMV. Pain in the rear but worth the effort for a freebie.

Thanks I've never beaten the 5th one of might and magic nor had it's expansions. well this sucks I had it downloading all day for it to get an error just when it was probably almost finished what gives?? :/

bread's done
Back