Free game w/ Xbox live signup!! (dead, but talk about it anyways)

Edited first post/title:

Here's the deal in human english:
If you are going to sign up for xbox live, get one of the people who already has Live (like me) to forward a special e-mail to you. You can than enter in basic Live info and get a free game!

[quote name='Microsoft E-Mail']
Get your buddies to sign up for Xbox Live™ and earn a FREE GAME each.

As one of our Xbox Live gamers, you're always looking for two things—new adversaries to test your awesome skills against every time you go online, and new games to bust out of the box and master before anyone else. So we've got an offer to help you expand your Friends List and your game library.

Follow these three steps to earn your free games:

Persuade your buddies to sign up for a 12-month Xbox Live subscription (hit the "Send to a friend" button to jolt them into action)

Once your friends have activated their subscriptions, tell them to go online and visit
www.xboxlive-friends.com/freegame

They enter a little basic information, including your e-mail, their e-mail, their new gamertag, a promotion code, and their free game choice

After that, we'll ship your free games, and you can add another title to your library. Awesome.

Offer expires July 29, 2004, so hurry! Click here for offer details.

www.Xbox.com [/quote]

I'm a current suscriber, and im looking to get Top Spin, If you want a free game, PM me your email address and I'll send you the invite.

Yeah, unfortunately it does clearly say 12 month in the deals' terms.

[quote name='Richter']dang, is it only for 12-month? i have a 3-month (from that CC deal) but never activated it[/quote]

Okay, so I just got an Xbox about a month ago, and Id like to get Live. What is the deal with the $30 dollar deal that was posted? Ill gladly do this offer with someone, but I dont know that I can afford the $70 bucks for the starter kit right now. It is a good deal, especially if I can get say Crimson Skies and Rallisport with it, but I just was interested in that deal for 30 bucks. Anyways, thanks in advance, and Ill post here again if I do decide to sign up in the next week or so...

the $30 is for the old starter kits...

And well, its $62 at Best buy, which makes it $57 with the gamers gift card...

There's a seperate thread that talks all about the $30 starter kit deal. Let's keep the discussion in here to the free games w/ xbox live signup deal.

[quote name='KeyserSoze81']Okay, so I just got an Xbox about a month ago, and Id like to get Live. What is the deal with the $30 dollar deal that was posted? Ill gladly do this offer with someone, but I dont know that I can afford the $70 bucks for the starter kit right now. It is a good deal, especially if I can get say Crimson Skies and Rallisport with it, but I just was interested in that deal for 30 bucks. Anyways, thanks in advance, and Ill post here again if I do decide to sign up in the next week or so...[/quote]

I received the e-mail yesterday as well and all of my Xbox buddies are already on Live, so I've got 5 referrals to use.

If anybody wants to be referred, just PM me and I'll shoot you out the e-mail.

I signed up for live on the 20th, can I be a referree? (I can't find any verbage as to the requirements for signing up - must be missing it).

Hey govgeek,

I will try to refer you but I am not sure if it is retro or not. We can always try. Just send me a PM if you want to try.

This was just posted on the Xbox Live forum at xbox.com

"I got some FAQ's from marketing for the refer a friend program. I'll add on to them as needed, but post your questions here as the marketing folks will keep an eye on this thread only!

Q: Can I participate in this Xbox Live Refer a Friend offer if I didn’t receive the email?
A: No. You must be opted-in to receive marketing communication in order to have received this offer via email. (This is an Xbox Dashboard setting)

Q: What if I have a friend you just recently signed up for Xbox Live---can we both get a free game?
A: No. Your friend must sign up for 12 months of Xbox Live in between the dates of 6/29/4 – 7/29/4 and fill in all the required information in order for you both to get your free game.

Q: If my friend sent me the email and I already have Xbox Live but I have a friend you I want to forward this email onto to sign up, will I get a free game?
A: No. If your friend sent you the email and you forward it to another friend and he/she gets Xbox Live, then the friend that sent you the email and the friend you sent it to would get the free game each.

Q: Why didn’t I get this email since I have opted in to receive emails from Xbox/Xbox Live?
A: The database was captured on a certain day, therefore any one who may have opted in since the database was collected may not have rec’d this email offer. "

I have been opted to recieve emails since I had Xbox Live, but I just recently signed up at the very end of 2003. Did anyone that signed up in 2004 get this email? Maybe they got the email addresses from an old database from before 2004.

I've got a kit sitting on my shelf I've been meaning to install for a few weeks now. I will do that sometime in the next couple of days, probably tonight. Now, I was an xbox live subscriber, but I canceled my old account several months ago (at least last November, could have been longer) due to lack of broadband. If you got the email, PM me if you wish to give this a shot.

Thanks so much for this info. Microsoft was supposed to call be back on this, but probably just decided not to.

My only remaining question would be whether it will work on a trial to 12 month cutover? Either when the person enters it into the xbox, or when the trial ends and the new 12 month kicks in? I'm guessing the answer is no, but it would be nice to know for sure.... any word on that? The codes are unique, I am assuming.

It also seems like the referral promo code doesn't have to be used by the original person you send the email to. Which is good, because it means if someone changes their mind maybe they can give you back the code to use with someone else. Actually I do have another question.....would the promo code that I referred to someone work if they chose to list someone else as their referrer....or is it tied to my account somehow?

[quote name='Togepy']This was just posted on the Xbox Live forum at xbox.com

"I got some FAQ's from marketing for the refer a friend program. I'll add on to them as needed, but post your questions here as the marketing folks will keep an eye on this thread only!

Q: Can I participate in this Xbox Live Refer a Friend offer if I didn’t receive the email?
A: No. You must be opted-in to receive marketing communication in order to have received this offer via email. (This is an Xbox Dashboard setting)

Q: What if I have a friend you just recently signed up for Xbox Live---can we both get a free game?
A: No. Your friend must sign up for 12 months of Xbox Live in between the dates of 6/29/4 – 7/29/4 and fill in all the required information in order for you both to get your free game.

Q: If my friend sent me the email and I already have Xbox Live but I have a friend you I want to forward this email onto to sign up, will I get a free game?
A: No. If your friend sent you the email and you forward it to another friend and he/she gets Xbox Live, then the friend that sent you the email and the friend you sent it to would get the free game each.

Q: Why didn’t I get this email since I have opted in to receive emails from Xbox/Xbox Live?
A: The database was captured on a certain day, therefore any one who may have opted in since the database was collected may not have rec’d this email offer. "

I have been opted to recieve emails since I had Xbox Live, but I just recently signed up at the very end of 2003. Did anyone that signed up in 2004 get this email? Maybe they got the email addresses from an old database from before 2004.[/quote]

You might want to use a different credit card if you have one. Could be paranoia but if they tried to say you weren't a "new" subscriber you might get dicked out of your game.....

[quote name='spwango']I've got a kit sitting on my shelf I've been meaning to install for a few weeks now. I will do that sometime in the next couple of days, probably tonight. Now, I was an xbox live subscriber, but I canceled my old account several months ago (at least last November, could have been longer) due to lack of broadband. If you got the email, PM me if you wish to give this a shot.[/quote]

[quote name='jshorr']Actually I do have another question.....would the promo code that I referred to someone work if they chose to list someone else as their referrer....or is it tied to my account somehow?[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing too because I was able to get a promo code from a friend and I want to know if someone uses that code, but with me as the referrer, would it work?

Ahh, you mean, even if you never received the original email at all. That is ANOTHER really good question. I would guess that that would probably work....but its just a guess....

[quote name='Togepy'][quote name='jshorr']Actually I do have another question.....would the promo code that I referred to someone work if they chose to list someone else as their referrer....or is it tied to my account somehow?[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing too because I was able to get a promo code from a friend and I want to know if someone uses that code, but with me as the referrer, would it work?[/quote]

If anyone is interested in this let me know. I didn't get the email initially, but I've opted in to get info from Microsoft now and requested that the message me sent to me. I see from the Q & A being opted in was a requirment to get it, but since maybe I've done it now they'll still send it.

Okay I have a small problem now..

I referred a fellow cag and he fills in the site for free game with his gamertag and all. Then I recieve the promotion code and we are stuck. What do we do now? Also and now he tells me hes had his XBL account for a few weeks.. Would this still work? Or did I just #$%& out one of my referrals?

I have a 12 month Xbox Live kit coming in the mail in a couple of days. When I get it, if someone wants to refer me, I'd be happy to get you a free game.

Send the referral to [email protected] when I let you know. Thanks.

According to those faq's.....if per person forwards the email they got to you, which contains the promo code, someone else should be able to use it. That's what the person answering those FAQ's someone else posted said. If it's already been entered into the system....you'll probably be ass out on that one...gotta be careful!

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']Okay I have a small problem now..

I referred a fellow cag and he fills in the site for free game with his gamertag and all. Then I recieve the promotion code and we are stuck. What do we do now? Also and now he tells me hes had his XBL account for a few weeks.. Would this still work? Or did I just #$%& out one of my referrals?[/quote]

mmn,

Will this be the first time you have ever signed into XBox live?

[quote name='mmn']I have a 12 month Xbox Live kit coming in the mail in a couple of days. When I get it, if someone wants to refer me, I'd be happy to get you a free game.

Send the referral to [email protected] when I let you know. Thanks.[/quote]

[quote name='mmn']I have a 12 month Xbox Live kit coming in the mail in a couple of days. When I get it, if someone wants to refer me, I'd be happy to get you a free game.

I sent you a PM if you want me to refer you. I already have XBL set up. Let me know man.

[quote name='scsg75'][quote name='mmn']I have a 12 month Xbox Live kit coming in the mail in a couple of days. When I get it, if someone wants to refer me, I'd be happy to get you a free game.

I sent you a PM if you want me to refer you. I already have XBL set up. Let me know man.[/quote]

Ive all ready tapped that ass. :lol:

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR'][quote name='scsg75'][quote name='mmn']I have a 12 month Xbox Live kit coming in the mail in a couple of days. When I get it, if someone wants to refer me, I'd be happy to get you a free game.

I sent you a PM if you want me to refer you. I already have XBL set up. Let me know man.[/quote]

Ive all ready tapped that ass. :lol:[/quote]

So a man sandwich for a game, doesn't really seem worth it to me. :wink:

I'm going to start my xbox live account sometime this month. PM me if you want to use me as a referral and get a free game.

You guys are so lucky! Not only did I not begin my account during the required time block, but I also started out with a two-month trial. Oh man, it's like I violate every rule for this promo! It would have been so nice to get RalliSport Challenge 2 or another copy of Top Spin (for LAN) :(

[quote name='rebenns']I'm going to start my xbox live account sometime this month. PM me if you want to use me as a referral and get a free game.[/quote]

PM'd you.

[quote name='jshorr']mmn,

Send the referral to [email protected] when I let you know. Thanks.[/quote][/quote]

No, but I'll just make a new gamertag. You can use the same credit card for different accounts. If not I'll just borrow my mom's credit card and use hers.

I'm just saying I would use a different card if you could....lower the chances of Microsoft ruling you ineligible....

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='jshorr']mmn,

Send the referral to [email protected] when I let you know. Thanks.[/quote][/quote]

No, but I'll just make a new gamertag. You can use the same credit card for different accounts. If not I'll just borrow my mom's credit card and use hers.[/quote]

As per the answered FAQ's (posted in this thread) it has to be 6/29 or later.....

If you elect to receive the promotion emails on your xbox live maybe you will still get the original email in a few days and you can refer someone else?

[quote name='simpsonps121']I opened a new account if anyone is interested. But I opened it last week. June 26.

If you want to email me and give it a shot, it is [email protected]

Thanks,
Matthew[/quote]

I just signed up for XBOX Live the 3 days ago. Anyone who would like to be the person that refers me... you can reach me at [email protected]. Free games for you and me. Sounds good.
Any questions email or PM me. Thanks.
- Ray

Was it ever clear as to whether this works if they are upgrading from a two month trial to a 12 month subscription?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Come on someones gotta be signing up for XBOX live out there. PM me with your email address and we can both get a free game...[/quote]

Does renewing count?

dnomyarps,

Unfortunately 3 days ago doesn't qualify. If you did it on 6/28 it won't work. Has to be 6/29 or later.

tmoney,

I don't know if this was ever specifically addressed, but my feeling is no, based on their wording. Technically when you are on trial your account is already created, you have your gamer tag. If you cancel your trial and create a new account with a new gamer tag (and if possible new credit card might help) you should be elligible.

O.D.D,

No renewing does not count I don't think.

[quote name='"jshorr"']dnomyarps,

Unfortunately 3 days ago doesn't qualify. If you did it on 6/28 it won't work. Has to be 6/29 or later.

tmoney,

I don't know if this was ever specifically addressed, but my feeling is no, based on their wording. Technically when you are on trial your account is already created, you have your gamer tag. If you cancel your trial and create a new account with a new gamer tag (and if possible new credit card might help) you should be elligible.

O.D.D,

No renewing does not count I don't think.[/quote]

Can anyone else confirm if renewing doesn't count cause I ordered for a renewal and if it qualifies then someone can pm me so they can be "referral person" and I will be the "referred" one......

I set up a new account Monday evening and MS sent me confirmation that my account went effective 06/29. :) Can somebody hook me (and themself) up? First to PM me, I'll send 'em my email. Thanks

It says in the offer details

" “Referees” must be new subscribers....... "

I don't know any other way to interpret it other than you are just creating an account for the first time, with a new gamer tag. Anything is possible and it might work but i'd say 99 % chance no.

[quote name='cruzincontrol'][quote name='jshorr']dnomyarps,

tmoney,

O.D.D,

No renewing does not count I don't think.[/quote]

Can anyone else confirm if renewing doesn't count cause I ordered for a renewal and if it qualifies then someone can pm me so they can be "referral person" and I will be the "referred" one......[/quote]

I think regardless if someone was a subscriber before, if they get a new kit and sign up with a new gamertag then that should count as a new subscriber. I know people with two live accounts and they count as two subscribers. The only thing that bothers me is that they don't take care of the current subscribers. I think they should offer a free game like this is you resubscribe for another year. It's called maintaining your customer base. I hate seeing all these deals to get new business but they do nothing for the ones that have supported them all along. Just my gripe.

well, the fact they give a new game to the original sub is very nice on thier part.

Of course, i was a beta tester, so i walk around with an orange xbox memory card on my keys, so i cant say much for them not giving free things.

I'm not knocking it, it's great for them to offer. I lost my orange memory card from beta. I just see it too many businesses now. We even do it where I work.

bread's done
Back