Free game w/ Xbox live signup!! (dead, but talk about it anyways)

I have an unactivated 12-month sub.

If anyone wants to refer me, send a promotion code to [email protected]

Tomorrow I will call 18004MYXBOX to ask if I can convert my trial -> 12 month and still be able to take advantage of the offer.

If I can't, I will simply create a new account and get the free game.

So send me a code and get a game :p

[quote name='xspeedracerx']If some one would also like to refure me, my email is [email protected]
Thanks[/quote]

done...thanks man. CAGers for life...:p

[quote name='Valkryst']I have an unactivated 12-month sub.

If anyone wants to refer me, send a promotion code to [email protected]

Tomorrow I will call 18004MYXBOX to ask if I can convert my trial -> 12 month and still be able to take advantage of the offer.

If I can't, I will simply create a new account and get the free game.

So send me a code and get a game :p[/quote]

Thanks...looks like Rallysport AND top spin...w00tness

Any one singning up for XBOX live that wants a free game, please PM with your email address and I will REFER you...

PM me dont post....

No, but if you make sure you have the offer emails enabled in your xbox live dashboard maybe they will send it out to you...

[quote name='GameDude']Can we do this if we didn't get an email?[/quote]

[quote name='jshorr']No, but if you make sure you have the offer emails enabled in your xbox live dashboard maybe they will send it out to you...

[quote name='GameDude']Can we do this if we didn't get an email?[/quote][/quote]

Where is the option to get e-mail offers in the xbox live dashboard?

I think the correct place is Xbox Live, Account Management, Information Sharing. Right now Microsoft is set to Yes and partners is set to No. To the people who did not get the email, does yours say No for both? This deal has got me thinking about putting yes for partners....even though this seemed to be a microsoft deal, i'd hate to miss out on any good partner deals....though I don't want to be spammed...tough decision...

[quote name='pbmaniac'][quote name='jshorr']No, but if you make sure you have the offer emails enabled in your xbox live dashboard maybe they will send it out to you...

[quote name='GameDude']Can we do this if we didn't get an email?[/quote][/quote]

Where is the option to get e-mail offers in the xbox live dashboard?[/quote]

:: Weeping ::

Deleted the email that I got earlier in the week only to hear from one of my friends today that he suddenly wants to sign up for XBL. *sigh*

What type of email do you use, and if it's POP3 do you have it set to leave emails on the server for any period of time before deleting them? If so the email can possibly be retrieved.

[quote name='Nogib']:: Weeping ::

Deleted the email that I got earlier in the week only to hear from one of my friends today that he suddenly wants to sign up for XBL. *sigh*[/quote]

One question about this. I got this email and was wondering if I could do this with 2 people who sign up for xbox live before the 26. Is it possible to do this multiple times or no?

Anyone who can remember let me know....I think Microsoft changed the offer on this deal! Unless I am mistaken, the offer details used to say referrer is limited to one free game per new 12 month subscription for a limit of 5 games. Now it says:

“Referrer” is limited to one free game for new 12-month Xbox Live subscriptions submitted on behalf of the “Referrer” through this special promotion, for a maximum of one free game.

So in other words, nomatter how many people you refer, you're only going to get 1 game. I'm almost positive it used to say 5. If they changed it after the emails first went out this is a total scumbag thing for them to do, but it does not surprise me.

[quote name='pumpkinsfan460']One question about this. I got this email and was wondering if I could do this with 2 people who sign up for xbox live before the 26. Is it possible to do this multiple times or no?[/quote]

Yeah, and I am glad about that, but it's still not an honest thing to do on their end. I would have liked all three of those games for free and I've already had 2 people list me as a referrer with a third lined up. Two of the three bought spare xbox live starter kits from me to sign up with this deal. Microsoft should give me all 3 games, that's what the terms of the offer said on the day I started getting people.

If anyone has a screen cap of the original terms please forward it to me. I didn't think to do that myself, I didn't think Microsoft would actually change the terms once the offer began.

[quote name='skittlez jr.']Atleast you're going to get a free game.[/quote]

[quote name='xspeedracerx'][quote name='Minger']xspeedracerx and valkyrst, did you get my emailss?[/quote]

Nope, no email.[/quote]

i'm going to send another one...hope it gets through

it says you've already revieced the offer...

[quote name='Minger'][quote name='xspeedracerx'][quote name='Minger']xspeedracerx and valkyrst, did you get my emailss?[/quote]

Nope, no email.[/quote]

i'm going to send another one...hope it gets through

it says you've already revieced the offer...[/quote]

ok, good, I'll tell you if I get it.

For the first person to post who got that email with the free game for refering someone. I will get you the free game because I am signing up for a year. Let me know.

Allrighty, someone needs to send me a referral, I'll be hooking up Live in the next week sometime.

edit - PM me for e-mail address.. I don't throw them out on public forums.

I signed up 4 people and M$ sent me e-mails saying that my games are on the way. I can sign up one more person if you want.

Game or Game(s)? I signed up 2 people so far and got the confirmation emails that the people's information has been entered. Is this the email you got or a different one? After the original email Microsoft changed the offer details to where it now says limit of 1 game for people referred for a total of 1 game. My 1st confirmation was 6/29 at 3:55 which was the 1st day the promotion started...when did you get this email telling you the games were shipped?

[quote name='Grimes']I signed up 4 people and M$ sent me e-mails saying that my games are on the way. I can sign up one more person if you want.[/quote]

Microsoft also said that you have to send the invite before the Live account is activated. Make sure you do it in order or it won't work.

Where does it say that!?!

If that's true Microsoft are being TOTAL bastards about this promotion. First they lower the # of games the referrer can get from 5 to 1, and now they'd pull some shit about what order the referall emails come in? The only thing I saw was that you had to sign up from 6/29 to 7/29.

[quote name='Aryss']Microsoft also said that you have to send the invite before the Live account is activated. Make sure you do it in order or it won't work.[/quote]

According to what I was told earlier, you only have to sign up for Live between those dates. You do that first then you do the e-mail sign up and you'll get your free game. I don't think it really matters what order you do it in, but when you click the link in the e-mail it asks for your Live name.

Also, how many games are you limited to getting? I've been hearing different things.

My friend is getting live tomorow, but i don't have the e-mail to refer to him, how can I get the e-mail so I can refer him and get a free game? Thanks.

According to the offer details, it's ONE per subscriptions referred for a maximum of ONE. It used to say One per subscription (without the s) for a maximum of Five. But they changed it a day or so into the promotion. The offer details weren't in the email itself but rather a link, so they could change it and try to be slick lke that. Lame!

And Stealth, the answer I believe unfortunately is you can't. This promotion is being handled by an outside company who had a copy of the live user database (who had opted in for promotional emails from microsoft on the xbox live dashboard) at a certain point in late 2003. If you weren't on their list for the email there's no way to get it now I don't believe.

[quote name='tubtub']According to what I was told earlier, you only have to sign up for Live between those dates. You do that first then you do the e-mail sign up and you'll get your free game. I don't think it really matters what order you do it in, but when you click the link in the e-mail it asks for your Live name.

Also, how many games are you limited to getting? I've been hearing different things.[/quote]

I read it but I need to get to my home computer to find the info. It really pissed me off when I read that. They keep changing the rules after the fact which is getting old.

UPDATE:
Here is where I got this from. It was posted on the Xbox Live Forum.

"A: In order to qualify, you would have had to send the email to your friend prior to his signing up for a 12 month subscription to Xbox Live. If you completed the online form, sent the email to your buddy and they have completed their online redemption form, then you will each receive the free game."

It could be subject to interpretation but since this is an invite program, I think it makes sense. The point is for someone to sign up after you recommend it. Here is the link with official answers in it.

http://forums.xbox.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=8155690

Yeah, its really unfair especially since when you click on the link to send your friends the e-mail, it lets you send it to up to three people. I saw that you can only get one game now.

bread's done
Back