Free games at freevideogames.com

Raijin

CAG Veteran
Everything is free, as long a as you sign up for a few offers. Most of the offers require a credit card*, even if there is no fee. They have a great selection of games, though. The prices are determined by points, and the average for a new $50 game is 1950 pts. Mosts of the offers give about 300 to 500 pts., so it shouldn't take long to get a free game.

Confirmation: This deal is real... see note below for my uh... impressions on it...

NOTE: This deal officially sucks ass for those of us who aren't in possesion of a "credit card." These "credit cards" are evil inventions designed to make people suffer. CASH people! CASH! its all about cash credit cards suck... or at least they do until i get one...

I don't know... I skimmed through their terms and conditions, and they make no guarantee that you'll get your games. It's worded similarly to those eBay pyramid scam sites that say you can supposedly get free stuff. I think this site falls into the category of things where if it seems to good to be true, than it probably is.

I've successfully ordered a couple of video games from them in the past - freevideogames.com is indeed real. Before you get too excited, however, be aware of two issues; 1: It generally takes about 3 weeks for processing and shipping on top of however long it takes you to accumulate points, so I wouldn't use it to order a freshly released title that you can't wait to play, and 2: Some of the services that you need to sign up for in order to get points are rather unscrupulous with their online cancellation methods. I've been charged subscription fees in the past even after canceling. However, I've never had a single issue that wasn't easily resolved with a quick e-mail or phone call to their support, so it's only a temporary issue, but one you should still be aware of. Despite these minor issues, though, it really is a wonderful way to get some of those games that you just "kinda" want but can't bring yourself to spend money on.

-Matt

Would it be really terrible to post what offers would be worth doing to get the points and which ones burn you (as was stated by Mattfish). 1950 points to earn a brand new free game, while most of the offers give you 500 credit points? Geez, do tell if this is a buncha crap or a good deal!!

According to my outgoing e-mail complaints, I was charged for the following offers after canceling them before my trial period ended:

shopping-4money.com
fitmd.com
win-anylotto.com

If you sign up for these services, you will see a pattern - they are all billed by a company called Chettle Investments. Their online cancellation system is the worst. It's extremely buggy. However, as I said, they will refund you if you simply send them an e-mail or call and explain any errors. It's just kind of a hassle to have a $40 deduction from your credit card for the week or so it takes to get reimbursed.

-Matt

The best offer I saw was the AOL ver. 9 offer, it doesn't require a credit card, and takes five seconds to do... if only they would count the multiplw times i signed up for it, I might not have to pay for a video game ever again... problem is, its not an instant offer... maybe Mr Mattfish could tell me when i will recieve the points...

The only AOL trial I looked into was the AOL for Broadband offer, but when I found out that it required a credit card I changed my mind (I can't stand canceling AOL accounts - I swear, the operators are paid extra if they can convince you to stay on for another "free" month). But you say there is no credit card required and it's a quick sign up? I think I'll go check it out!

Edit: I just checked out the deal - apparently, if you don't call to cancel the account within 45 days, they will charge you. Cancelling AOL is such a hassle, but then again 600 points is a big chunk of a video game. I'm curious, though, as to how you managed to sign up multiple times for the deal. Doesn't it check for duplicate mailing information? If you can, please inform us all as to how you did it and if you do get awarded multiple times for the same deal.

-Matt

Like I said, I am not sure as to wether they will count it twice, I haven't even recieved the disk in the mail yet, but it did allow me to fill the form out more than once... I only did this twice, just to see if it even works... as soon as I know, you guys will...

is there like a limit to how many pts u can get a week or month? i was signing up for those instant sites and after i got 1400 pts, they stopped giving me those pts. After 2 businesses days, i emailed them with my confirmation letter and stuff, but no replies or pts....

any help on wut i'm doing wrong?

thx

[quote name='Smkm123']is there like a limit to how many pts u can get a week or month? i was signing up for those instant sites and after i got 1400 pts, they stopped giving me those pts. After 2 businesses days, i emailed them with my confirmation letter and stuff, but no replies or pts....

any help on wut i'm doing wrong?

thx[/quote]

I don' t know this from experience, but I read some points take anywhere from a few days to maybe a week weeks I think it was to enter into your account.

Any update on the AOL points, Raijin? It's been exactly one week since you reported signing up and I'm curious what happened.

-Matt

Sorry, no go. I haven't even recieved the disc in the mail yet, and I dont know how to qualify for the points once I do. Just got to hold tight and hope for the best... I'm drooling over those free games...

You don't need the disc they send you, you can pick one up at Walmart or something, and use the name and password you registered with, it was a week after that when I was credited.

Which AOL deal is this? The AOL 9.0 offer I signed up has no disc involved and I needed to enter a credit card number (which means I can only do it once). I also received my points in about 4 days. Seems like a completely different offer...

-Matt

[quote name='Mattfish']If you sign up for these services, you will see a pattern - they are all billed by a company called Chettle Investments. Their online cancellation system is the worst. It's extremely buggy. However, as I said, they will refund you if you simply send them an e-mail or call and explain any errors. It's just kind of a hassle to have a $40 deduction from your credit card for the week or so it takes to get reimbursed.
[/quote]

I was similarly burned by Chettle Investments -- for two of their sites. I was charged $39.95 x 2, despite having cancelled within the 1-day trial (beware, by the way, it's not quite free... ~$2.50 "credit card processing fee" for the 1-day free trial). I emailed their customer service numerous times over the course of a month, but got no replies and no credits to my card. I ended up having to report my card as stolen to get my bank to investigate and credit me.

Aside from Chettle, I've had no problems with FreeVideoGames.com.

[quote name='merphle'][quote name='Mattfish']If you sign up for these services, you will see a pattern - they are all billed by a company called Chettle Investments. Their online cancellation system is the worst. It's extremely buggy. However, as I said, they will refund you if you simply send them an e-mail or call and explain any errors. It's just kind of a hassle to have a $40 deduction from your credit card for the week or so it takes to get reimbursed.
[/quote]

I was similarly burned by Chettle Investments -- for two of their sites. I was charged $39.95 x 2, despite having cancelled within the 1-day trial (beware, by the way, it's not quite free... ~$2.50 "credit card processing fee" for the 1-day free trial). I emailed their customer service numerous times over the course of a month, but got no replies and no credits to my card. I ended up having to report my card as stolen to get my bank to investigate and credit me.

Aside from Chettle, I've had no problems with FreeVideoGames.com.[/quote]

could u tell us wut sites use chettle?

[quote name='"Smkm123']could u tell us wut sites use chettle?[/quote]

As Mattfish pointed out earlier:

shopping-4money.com
fitmd.com
win-anylotto.com

Those are the three Chettle offers that I did (one of them, not sure which, did let me cancel successfully).

Make sure you click the links through there website, if not, it won't count. Just so you guys know. Also, I gave up on this, so don't think I'm trying it out until someone gets one game. I just remember reading this.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']Make sure you click the links through there website, if not, it won't count. Just so you guys know. Also, I gave up on this, so don't think I'm trying it out until someone gets one game. I just remember reading this.[/quote]

FWIW, I have successfully received the two games I ordered from freevideogames.com (took about a week for them ship each order out, arrived a day later).

i just ordered and cancelled 4 different free site memberships, i dont mind paying 1-3$ each (they were all chettle)... i'll post when/ if i get the mario kart: dd i ordered

i signed up for and cancelled fitmd and the lottery site that involoved chettle. i was charged 39.95 each a few days later. I called and they said that i'll get the money back in 5-10 days....they better or i'll be pissed

Yeah, as I said, I believe it's a problem with Chettle's online cancelation. It could probably be easily avoided by picking up a phone and canceling that way. I've never had a problem getting reimbursed by them, though. They generally are pretty prompt about replying to my e-mails. Strange that you had the oposite experience, merphle. It's certainly something to be weary of...

oNeWiNgEdAnGeL: I've received both Mario Golf and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from freevideogames.com in the past few months. They do come through if you can get through the hassle of signing up and canceling all of the offers required.

-Matt

is there a way to get 1950 points without a credit card? almost everything I try to get points from requires a credit card... that aol deal thats 600 pts. says that no credit card req. when it says it needs one at the end.. lol, thats bs. if there is no way for me to get 1950 w/o a credit card, then what is the maximum i can get? i'm 15 and i have no credit card : (

[quote name='merphle'][quote name='Mattfish']If you sign up for these services, you will see a pattern - they are all billed by a company called Chettle Investments. Their online cancellation system is the worst. It's extremely buggy. However, as I said, they will refund you if you simply send them an e-mail or call and explain any errors. It's just kind of a hassle to have a $40 deduction from your credit card for the week or so it takes to get reimbursed.
[/quote]

Aside from Chettle, I've had no problems with FreeVideoGames.com.[/quote]

I got those charges twice too, called in twice and they were gone within a couple of days. As for FreeVideoGames.com, didn't use my point on that site, went ahead and picked up some DVDs.

This actually works I have received my game about 25 days after I ordered it. I didnt get any double billing and only paid $7 total for my free game.

I have just decided to go ahead and collect enough points to get 2 more free games (metal Arms, and POP) but I have no worries doing this.

I can tell you I set up a seperate email address figuring I would get multiple junk mail and I have yet to get one piece of junk mail.

Also the credit card companies protect you if you are mischarged and its not corrected.

One tip I can give is always check the terms and conditions and write down the phone number it is easier to get help at this number than the number listed on your credit card bill.

I naturally was extremely skeptical and did just enought o get one game. After about 20 days i kind of figured it was a scam and then the game showed up.

The last thing is check all the little boxes on their sign up pages sometimes they automatically check another box that has you signing up for another program at the full monthly price.

I would say total time invested for 3 $50 games would be around 3-4 hours. So its roughly $37.5 an hour.

I just got my free copy of Final Fantasy X-2 yesterday. I ordered it about two weeks ago, received a shipping confirmation a week ago. It was sent by media mail if anyone was wondering. Just wanted to let people know if they were considering using the site.

wow i practically need an attorney to cancel some services by phone, the people are practically crying for you to try their service a little longer, at least until the trial is over

You have to have a credit card for most of these things, is that rigth? could someone make a list of all the RISK-FREE things they did to get their game because i dont want to swim through a bunch of crap before getting my "FREE!" game :D

i got my viewtiful joe i ordered in about 2 weeks. I spent a total about about 4 dollars for it (some sign-ups required a processing fee or something). I think that's pretty good compared to the 39.99 dollars it normally is.

Time for me to join you fellas in this adventure. Hope that my credit card companies don't hate me or suspect me of cc fraud abuse 'cause of freevideogames.com

If you're carfeul, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle. I just wrote down every offer I signed up for and cancelled a few minutes after signing up for them. As long as you keep the cancellation numbers and any emails you should be fine if you had any problems with the sites after cancelling.

FYI - I didn't have any problems cancelling, but it never hurts to be careful.

My problem is that this AOL trial offer that seems so good says it doesnt require a credit card, but then asks for a credit card number. Thats rediculous. How many more hidden 'issues' am i too find?

I never did the AOL trial, I actually did some with credit cards. I signed up for these offers and didn't have problems:

www.freebidding.com
connections123.com
FitMD
Bargains.com

I cancelled almost immediately after signing up, except with connections since it was a thirty day trial and i didn't get my username right away.

the aol does not require a credit card. you can use a checking or savings account account number with it instead. This is the same procedure and the same advertisement you get when you sign up for aol anywhere.

Setup a different Email address. Open a word file and write down your password and email address.

Then go to freevideogames.com

Signup with your new email and give yourself a password. Again copy that info on to your word document for future use.

Then what I did is enter each ad as you will see below I made sure that I looked into the disclaimer (you don’t have to do this because I have the numbers listed below) and I copied down their phone numbers to cancel.

Then near the bottom make sure they don’t have any little check marks filled out for you (they like to throw in an offer for another of their sites at $14.95 make sure you turn that stuff off, and its unchecked)

Then what I did is wrote down the name of the site, (i.e. fitmd, driving for dollars, etc)

How much the initial fee was (i.e. $1, $2.95 etc)

Then how many points I was to get (i.e. 500 points etc)

Then how long the offer was good for (i.e. 1 day trial membership or 30 day membership) I had found that the 30 day trials seemed to not have your info right away so I waited 20 days to cancel those without any problems at all.

Then I wrote down the phone number next to the site I had found in the disclaimer. Eventually as I cancelled I wrote the cancel number down and the persons ID I had spoke to.

I had no problems cxling at all. I called them and simply said I looked it over and didn’t want it. They would start in and I would say nope sorry not interested and it was that simple. Don’t let them ramble because then they think they can sell you again.

See my list below. I already received Simpsons Hit and Run, I have since ordered Prince of Persia and Glitch.

Heres my list:
1. Homeworks Plus- $1.00 1-888-681-7216 within the first 30 days to cancel

2. Physcic realm 888) 968-5834 $2.95 cxl 1 day 500points

3. Free bidding $1 cxl 1 day 500 POINTS

4. Essentials $1 30 days 1-877-272-6535 300 POINTS

5. Connections $1 -877-503-4052 30 days to cxl 300 POINTS

6. Value max $1 fee -877-503-4087 30 days 300 POINTS

7. 24 Protector Plus $1 and 30 days to cxl 1-800-211-9749 300 POINTS

8. Bargain.com $Free -800-216-8757 or 800-300-6140 cxl 30 days 300 POINTS 800-447-7776

9. Escapes $1 30 days to cxl 877-272-6535 300 POINTS

10. Galleria $1 30 day cxl -800-411-8104 300 POINTS
11. Psychics for free $1 1 day cxl (500 points) 888-968-5834

12. FITmd Visa $1 1 day cxl (500 points) 888-968-5834

13. Shopping4 money Visa $1 1 day (500 points?) 888-968-5834

14. Winanylotto $1 1 day cxl 888-968-5834 (500 points)

15. Driving for dollars $1 1 day 888968-5834 (500 points)

I made my name and password the same on every site if I could to simplify things. The above info might be a little blotchy because I tried to cut my personal info out (passwords, cxl numbers etc). You will also notice a few numbers after some this is because I had to call a different number or I was on hold to long at some numbers. So I checked my credit card bill for an alternate number and called it.

Hopefully this helps someone. Let me know if something is confusing.

Hey guys, I've been in on this deal since about June or Junly, it's freaking outstanding. Since then I have recieved WELL over $1,000 worth of stuff in the mail.

I've hardly spent any money of my own at all. Here are some more sites like this that you NEED to get in on...

www.freedvds.com
www.freevideogames.com
www.freecondoms.com
www.freegiftplanet.com
www.freedvd4me.com
www.freecds4me.com
www.searchcactus.com
www.netflip.com
www.incomepad.com
www.planetfreestuff.com
www.misterpoints.com
www.freefastfood4you.com
www.cashcontent.com
www.freegiftplus.com
www.free-dvd-offer.com
www.yourfreedvds.com
www.27bucks.com
www.smartepoints.com
www.freecds.com
www.inboxdollars.com
www.krazypoints.com
www.freereading4me.com
www.creationrewards.net
www.milesource.com
www.yourgiftcards.com
www.freecashbank.com
www.yourfreedvds.com

...if any of you have ANY questions having to do with anything like this, feel free to ask me here, PM me, email me, or whatever.

It's real, they work, and it's addicting as hell. All you have to remember is to keep up with everything you do, and you are fine.

I've recieved DVDs, video games, video game systems (I got my GBA SP and Xbox by doing this), coffe makers and digital cams (you heard me right), CDs, gift cards, actual CHECKS, etc... I can't seem to stop myself, heh.

Oh yeah, and when you sign up for the various sites, it's best to use a different email address for each one of them, as many of the sites are connected to the same network. By using the same email address, when you sign up for one of the sites with it, when you go to sign up for another site, some of the offers that were on the first site, may not be viewable at the NEW site, as some of them only allow a single email address per site on the network.

It can get confusing, so just use a different email address for each site you sign up for. I suggest using either Yahoo.com or Zappo.com for the free email accounts.

Also, if you are all REALLY good, I'll let you in on the "Matchmaker Trick". :D

It's quite simple really.

To do the offer usually, you have to sign up and pay $10 (or $15 or $25, whatever, it seems to change every now and then...but I'm pretty sure it's $10 right now). Now, when you do it this way you CAN just call them and cancel your membership a few days later, usually 3-5 days later, and they'll give you the money back and that'll be it. However, when you start doing it over and over again for the various sites, it starts to be a little weird.

The trick cancels out the signing up, so you don't have to go through the trouble of having to get a refund, cancel your account, etc...

To do this, you need either a WebCertificite, an online gift card like the ones from SwiftGift, or some sort of Visa/Mastercard/etc... that has LESS than the amount needed to sign up for MatchMaker. When you do so, you'll get a message saying that you don't have the funds and that the transaction was declined, but you STILL get the instant points.

If you want to really make it simple, sign up using a CC that you have/had that is expired, use the right CC # and everything, and when you try to sign up it'll tell you it can't go through because it's expired. Once again, you STILL get the points.

Also, keep in mind once again that you need to use a different email address for each site. Because if you do the Matchmaker deal (or other deals) at say FreeDVDs.com and then you sign up for FreeDVD4Me.com with the same email address you used at FreeDVDs.com, the same offers will not be at FreeDVD4Me.com, as they are on the same network.

Just sign up with a different email address for each site you use.

Well,

I did only instant point offers. This could still mean 3 days or so but most are instant and then you can order things right away.

The easiest are teh 1 day trials because you dont forget and you can immediately cancel.

The second easiest are teh 30 day trials.

bread's done
Back