Free Games on XBLA: Doritos Crash Course & Harm's Way

cheko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Anyone knows a way to download Dash of Destruction?[/QUOTE]
You can use a DeLorean. It's unlikely that MS will put it back again.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Anyone knows a way to download Dash of Destruction?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this works, but if you find someone (a friend) who downloaded it previously, they may be able to re-download it on your console.

Anyone that has Harm's Way and wants to send me a game request to knock out that achievement, I'm online atm.

-

How long will these two be free for? I am at work and can't access xbox.com. Dont want to miss these though.. thanks!

Dowg the japan levels are hard and Balls WTF! lol .... i just unlocked all the levels i havent even attempted to get gold across the board yet ...but its cool... it entertain me for a while ...but man japan im getting pissed playing their level imagine really running ninja warrior lol

Crash Course is some of the most fun I've had out of a free game! Way better than Dash of Destruction. Haven't really gotten into Harm's Way yet, but I'll probably give it some more time this weekend.

Thanks for the notice! Free (but appropriately challenging) 400g is a great deal for two games that actually seem fun. :D

[quote name='gunstar808']Not sure if this works, but if you find someone (a friend) who downloaded it previously, they may be able to re-download it on your console.[/QUOTE]
It'll work as long as the gamertag that downloaded it is on your console (ie not recovered somewhere else). People like to use alternate accounts to download and send around to friends because of this.

[quote name='pyromania86']How long will these two be free for?[/QUOTE]
They're announcing the winner on the 29th, so I'm assuming they'll be free/available until then.

Didn't see this on the XBOX dashboard yet, thanks for alerting us! Found them in the game marketplace as well, downloading now!

Thanks OP, Crash Course is my favorite out of the 2. Couldn't get into a MP game of Harms Way, kept coming up with none found, hopefully after a bit people will be playing as it gets downloaded more. Harms Way does have easier achievements it seems, but Crash Course was better IMO.

Thanks OP! Harms Way didn't seem great to me, but it seems like it's geared towards multiplayer and I only briefly tried the single player mode. Crash Course is great! As some others have said it's not a very long game but it's a great half hour game, and one I'll probably revisit every few months. And my kids love it too.

I meant to try both games tonight. I started up Crash Course first and ended up playing it for about 90 minutes. I started up Harms Way, but didn't actually play it. I'm really impressed by CC. HW will have to be pretty awesome to get my vote.

Crash Course is a pretty fun, well made game for free. I thought Harms Way was ok, being the shooter is more fun then doing the racing. I like the one kill windshield shots.

I actually liked both games, even though I don't see myself playing Crash Course very much after beating it. Hopefully Harms Way mp will start working because that would be a blast. I played a little bit with my brother and we both agree that Harms Way at a LAN party would possibly be one of the most fun games on the 360 to play. 8 person carnage with everyone screaming at each other would be an absolute blast.

Also Harms Way is extremely easy to get all 200 points in. That is, as long as you have a friend to do the online (otherwise you probably won't find a match).

Played both games (single player) and both are alot of fun...both look to be even btr mp games..the graphics in hams way are very good for an arcade game in the cockpit view and being the gunner is really fun and a nice change in gameplay...crash course gets very challenging at times...

Thanks OP.

I guess my friends and I aren't into games like Crash Course. Looking at my friends leaderboards, everyone that has the game played it to USA 4 then stopped. I did the same. Thought it was too hard. Then I went to play a Live game and it dumped me into Japan 5. LOL. That was impossible. I had no idea what I was doing. I'm pretty sure I suck at games like this, having rage quit countless times already.

Can't wait to play Harm's Way on Live...

I think my wife and I both got to 200/200 on Harm's way in less than 20 minutes, I hosted the first game and used the turrets, then she hosted and we switched roles. My wife didn't get into the other one, she gave up right after we got to the Europe levels, so she could get back to playing that Majin game.

Both decent games, especially for free, and having online coop/multiplayer. Good job developers and Doritios.

Thanks OP.

Doritos Crash Course is actually fun and challenge, though from my brief experience it seems like u always had to make that jump and couldn't climb up when hitting some edges - quite annoying. That was my only big gripe of that "free game".

Harm's Way seemed so-so, but it was free so *shrugs*. Easy achivements to be had for sure (just look at the list) so nice for the achievement whores out there (I'm one of em).

[quote name='CaseX']Thanks OP.

I guess my friends and I aren't into games like Crash Course. Looking at my friends leaderboards, everyone that has the game played it to USA 4 then stopped. I did the same. Thought it was too hard. Then I went to play a Live game and it dumped me into Japan 5. LOL. That was impossible. I had no idea what I was doing. I'm pretty sure I suck at games like this, having rage quit countless times already.

Can't wait to play Harm's Way on Live...[/QUOTE]

I've got gold on all the USA courses. I also got gold on the first Europe course. I've attempted gold on the second course about 25 times. I got within 2 seconds once. I'm assuming I won't be able to get gold on all courses for that 40 point cheevo.

I played through some of Crash Course and found it to be really fun and kind of addicting. Harms Way I only played one race of single player, and while I thought it was fun,I think I would want to play with others before making a good decision as to whether I really like it or not. But for free, both games are a plus!

Crash Course reminded me of an average Little big Planet user created level with an American Gladiators theme; all in all not bad as far as these free games go

Harm's Way seemed like a more novel game, but I was very confused while playing and the campaign did not do much to ease my confusion. Also I could not get into multiplayer matches at all which does not bode well if you can't find games on launch day.

[quote name='alpha064']Is it just me or is Crash Course incredibly frustrating?[/QUOTE]

Its awful frustrating.

My favorite is when you miss a jump then you are fucked.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Damn, I can't find any MP in harms way.[/QUOTE]

same here. its the last achievement i need. maybe ill have better luck today.

I breezed through the USA levels, had a little trouble through Europe but conquered that fairly easily (just a few spots give me trouble) .. but Japan 3 is simply WTFBBQ-hard as fuck.

Both games are great for freebies. The level of graphical polish on Harm's Way puts previous freebies like Yaris to absolute shame.

I expected to like Harms Way a lot, but it's pretty lackluster. I did get all 12 achievements in about 15 minutes of playing (thanks Hell M0nkey!) so I guess that's something. I was surprisingly impressed with Crash Course.

My biggest gripe w/ Harm's Way is the annoying "Upgrade only available in multiplayer" that incessantly pops up when running over an upgrade only available in multiplayer.

Nabbed, thanks OP. It's always nice to try out free games, even if you only end up playing them for a short time. Like that Yaris game...wait, not a good example.

If you can track down a copy of the demo disc from OXM issue 96, it's apparently on there.

[quote name='dark-star']My biggest gripe w/ Harm's Way is the annoying "Upgrade only available in multiplayer" that incessantly pops up when running over an upgrade only available in multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. It's like why even place those powerups in the campaign tracks then? :roll:

can anyone find any games in Harms Way? Ive tried a million times and always get no games found. I would have thought tons of people would be playing since its free.

bread's done
Back