Free GameStop Gift Cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiGame

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Has anybody else gotten an e-mail from GameStop about taking surveys and getting free gamestop gift cards?

It says "invitation-only" and I've only gotten the e-mail in one of my e-mail inboxes when I've signed up for the gamestop newsletter from 4 different ones.

The e-mail I got it in is also published on the internet so I was wondering if anybody else got it or if it's a scam?[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

It goes to e-rewards which is some site that basically gives you points to do surveys. You need 50 "points" to get a $25 gift card. Each survey is worth a point or two. I signed up today to see wth it was and they have only 4 "points" worth of surveys available....

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']It goes to e-rewards which is some site that basically gives you points to do surveys. You need 50 "points" to get a $25 gift card. Each survey is worth a point or two. I signed up today to see wth it was and they have only 4 "points" worth of surveys available....[/quote]

a point or 2...?? and 50 points to get a 25 dollar giftcard? that sucks...well... how long are the surveys?

[quote name='WiiGame']a point or 2...?? and 50 points to get a 25 dollar giftcard? that sucks...well... how long are the surveys?[/quote] Actually i did one survey and it was 10 points, and another one was 5 points. But mine says 300 points for a $25 gift card.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']It goes to e-rewards which is some site that basically gives you points to do surveys. You need 50 "points" to get a $25 gift card. Each survey is worth a point or two. I signed up today to see wth it was and they have only 4 "points" worth of surveys available....[/quote]
What page were you looking at? When I looked at the rewards, the $25 gift card was 300 points & the $50 one was 450 points. Which there was one 10 point survey & one 5 point. So whoever works for those will have to wait a long time to get enough points for those cards.

got the same thing. My rewards show 50 epoints or whatever for 25 gift card and had 4 points available to do thru 3 surveys total at signup. The surveys were only 2 mins each or so at most for me.
Guess ill see what comes down the pike.

I got $1 each for 2 of the surveys and $2 for another survey. My rewards link shows $50 to get a $25 gamestop gc.

Wonder why it's different.

It's interesting that they would want some people to get 300 points for the $25 gc while some of us need 50 points. If it was equal they would have made it 250 points for the $25 gc. Basically we get to do a few less surveys and get the same reward. I wonder if the questions they ask during signup effect the point system they use?

I received the invitation also and signed up for the hell of it. What's weird though is my accumulation is in dollars and it takes $50 worth of surveys to get a $25 gift card to GS.

I've spent maybe 40 minutes total on a few surveys and am up to $15.50 in survey dollars. What really kinda sucks is that they will have you fill out some surveys that may only offer you partial credit if you don't fall in to the category they are looking for. I had a survey come in for $18 in survey cash, but only $.50 if I didn't qualify. Spent 3 minutes taking the survey and it said I didn't qualify.

Once I reach $50 (who knows when)and request the game card, I'll report back.

I got the email too. Prolly not gonna bother though. I signed up for that GamersInstinct thing, and the surveys are pretty damn rare with that, so I'll prolly never get anything. Not worth it.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I got $1 each for 2 of the surveys and $2 for another survey. My rewards link shows $50 to get a $25 gamestop gc.

Wonder why it's different.

It's interesting that they would want some people to get 300 points for the $25 gc while some of us need 50 points. If it was equal they would have made it 250 points for the $25 gc. Basically we get to do a few less surveys and get the same reward. I wonder if the questions they ask during signup effect the point system they use?[/quote]Maybe it depends on which site you signed up for? I signed up for u.talk.back.

[quote name='ralph10']Maybe it depends on which site you signed up for? I signed up for u.talk.back.[/quote]

ya thats the one i got too...

5-10 points a survey and you need 300 points to get a 25 dollar GC? my time is better spent elsewhere... if each survey if 2 min long and i get the max of 10 pts (i'm sure thats rare) it'll take 60 minutes + all that time i pray to get a survey

i thought i was special b/c i got this, guess not. are the questions general or can you like rank the gamestops in your area? i wish i could do that b/c some of the stores are ten times cleaner / more organized than others

I also got a "invitation only" e-mail from e-rewards. I signed up for it but didn't bother to do any yet as I figured it would be or most likely be a waste of time as I'd probably end up wasting too much time for a gift card and that time would be better spent playing the games that I have already. One thing I recall that nobody mentioned yet is that it said something about getting more points for doing a survey faster and it seemed as if you get much better points for doing one say a few minutes after getting the e-mail. I figured it sounded to good to be true and unless I did a survey right away I'd probably do one that they estimated taking say 20-30 minutes just to be told that I only built up $1-2 dollars towards a gift card. I also figured that their are probably lots of people doing these surveys right away making it tougher to get in on a survey for the maximum value.

Got it too. I'll check it out and if anything worthwhile (gamer-wise) occurs, I'll post about it.

[quote name='ralph10']Actually i did one survey and it was 10 points, and another one was 5 points. But mine says 300 points for a $25 gift card.[/quote]
Ah, I'm in that same one! U.Talk.Back, I think? Its great. I've got them sending me stuff more than every day! :D I'm gonna rack up so many points in doing so, I'll be there in to time. I got 21 points in just 3 days!

[quote name='ralph10']Actually i did one survey and it was 10 points, and another one was 5 points. But mine says 300 points for a $25 gift card.[/quote]

?

[quote name='M4573RM1ND']Ah, I'm in that same one! U.Talk.Back, I think? Its great. I've got them sending me stuff more than every day! :D I'm gonna rack up so many points in doing so, I'll be there in to time. I got 21 points in just 3 days![/quote]

Yup U.Talk.Back is great I racked up 300 points recently and last week received a $25 GS gift card. I already have like 15 point and working my way to another one. The shipping of the GC was hella fast too.:bouncy:

I've been doing e-rewards for about 2 years now. I got my original invite from one of those Gamestop emails as well.

You have to get $50 in e-rewards credit to get a $25 Gamestop giftcard. (They have other rewards as well.) You can only get 1 Gamestop giftcard per quarter, so you're limited to 4 per year. The e-rewards credit earned per survey depening on how long the survey is. The average survey takes 10 minutes and gets you $5 in credit. However, I've taken some that were about 30 minutes and get you $20 in credit.

The point it that this is legit. It does take some time to do the surveys, but $100 in free giftcards per year is easily worth it.

All you have to do is go into the survey and answer the questions rediculously so you fail it quickly and get partial points ... this way you don't waste 30 minutes (which sometimes you can fail at the very end)

It takes a while to get enough points this way, but it's quicker than actually doing the surveys.

[quote name='palkia345']Can someone send me an invite? my email is [email protected][/QUOTE]

Why resurrect an old ass thread begging for an invite?

Here's what you can do...

Buy some shit from GameStop, sign up for the newsletter, and wait for an email like everyone else.

Nobody has access to invite you to this. Although I do prefer slime's response though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back