FREE GEARS OF WAR 2 GOLD PLATED LANCER!! and other marketplace stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyH

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
There's a way to get free items off the new online Xbox Live Marketplace!. Limited or special edition items like the gold plated Lancer from Gears of War 2 can be added to your download queue and downloaded to your 360 even if you didn't buy the game or get the special download code!!. Here is the code for the gold Lancer from Gears 2!...

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0001-0000-4000-8000-00004d53082d

Just follow the link and add it to your download queue. Switch on your 360 and it should automatically download it for you!. If it doesn't work the first time then just go to your download history and try it again. It took me a couple of tries but it eventually fully downloaded :D:D.

This trick could potentially work with lots of other Xbox Live special items so if you find any other links please post them here! :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Question:
Does it work in game ?
How did you even find that address? its not listed under GoW2 downloads.

Edit: it let me add it to my queue.

Ok, here's a brief tut on how to do this.
1- Sign into xbox.com with your gamertag/Live account
2 - follow the Gold Lancer link I posted HERE
3 - It'll take you to this screen....
lancer.jpg

4 - Hit download to Xbox 360
5- You should then see this screen...
lancer2.jpg

6 - Hit confirm
7 - Switch on your 360 and sign into your Live account
8 - Hit the guide button and scroll left to the Marketplace blade
9 - Select active downloads and you should see the lancer downloding
10 - play Gears and enjoy your new gold plated Lancer :D

If it doesn't seem to have worked this first time then just go to account management and select download history. From there you will be able to redownload the Lancer if it didn't work the first time. This trick should work on Live accounts from every country.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']the flashback pack costs 99999 points[/quote]

oops, my bad, didnt list the points for me as I already had it.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Any chance this works with other games?[/quote]

In theory, yes, but it would need to be listed in the xbox live system as 0 Marketplace points. The general trend seems to be that exclusives are supposed to cost 99999 points, but for some reason this one eluded that parameter.

Not sure if I'll be using it, but damnit... it's free!

Thanks OP, cool find. I tried pulling up Army of Two for the pre-order weapons, but no dice.

[quote name='arnarson22']It says I don't have sufficient privileges to download any of them... ;([/quote]It's probably because your account is silver. I think most items only work with a Gold account.

[quote name='JimmyH']It's probably because your account is silver. I think most items only work with a Gold account.[/quote] I'm not silver though... that's strange.

edit* Just checked my account and it said this....
Gold Membership
Renews on: 12/8/2009

Some people just can't download it. I think this was supposed to work for both gold and silver, since silver accounts could just play with bots.

[quote name='WoozyGem']when i try it says you do not have permission to download this content[/quote]Is there some sort of age limit to it maybe?. Was your account setup when you were under 18 or does it have parental locks on it?. The game is mature rated so I'd guess any related content will be too.

[quote name='JimmyH']The gamertag in your sig shows as Silver arnarson22[/quote] When I check my account on Xbox.com this is what it says...
Gold Membership
Renews on: 12/8/2009

Also, Jimmy, that is probably the issue. I have a "child" account so I don't think I can download it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back