FREE GEARS OF WAR 2 GOLD PLATED LANCER!! and other marketplace stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well, it's all in our download history. When this stuff dies down, just attempt to download it again "legit" ;)

Dammit! Why did I have to sign into CAG so late today? Every other day I waste so much time looking here. :p Most of these seem dead. I get either an error in the transaction or page cannot be found. Amazing find.

For the record, the FG42 is fucking badass. And like I mentioned earlier, my clan tag is now RED in-game, I feel special.

[quote name='shinryuu']It works putting it in the queue, but it doesn't download. Did you just put it in your queue nnthomas?[/quote]
Never mind, tried it again and it worked. =d

Well it was fun while it lasted. Hopefully lots of people got a free gold lancer :). Hopefully MS will make the same mistake with other content in future:booty:.

[quote name='Purkeynator']managed to snag the Lost Oddysee content before they shut that one down. Nothing else works for me however.[/quote]

I got the Lost Odyssey content for free on the Japanese Marketplace long ago. Still don't know how to get it, and probably past it.

Error

You do not have permission to purchase this content.

Wtf am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I've been getting that all of today but now it costs 99,999 MS Points (like a lot of the GoW2 Content). They must be either patching it up or crazy to think that people would pay $1,249.99 EACH per Map Pack, Golden Lancer, or theme,

[quote name='JimmyH']Well it was fun while it lasted. Hopefully lots of people got a free gold lancer :). Hopefully MS will make the same mistake with other content in future:booty:.[/quote]

It sure was fun. The golden lancer was a nice freebie. Thanks for sharing.

[quote name='Owen']It will be funny to see that Ebay seller referenced earlier get screwed by them fixing this.[/quote]

lmao i checked it just 2 see and he had to end his post.i hope the bastard gets sum negative feedback for that.

its a shame they had 2 fix it so soon, i got the stuff i wanted, gold lancer and theme GOW2, but i would have liked to tell my friends bout it later when they get on, but o-well i got it 4 free atleast.

if you go to kotaku there saying the goldlancer is now being stripped from hardrives lol

http://kotaku.com/5096635/%5Bupdated%5D-gold-lancer-removed-revoked-consider-lootathon-over

"OK, gang. I think the fun is over. Many of you pointed out that the Golden Lancer for Gears of War 2 is now either 99999 points or won't download. I tried to cue it up again and got the can't-download notice. Then the lancer was stripped from my hard drive. But I showed them!!! I put it on a memory unit before logging in!!! Which means if I ever want to play Gears with my ill-gotten gun I'll probably have to do it offline, if that even works."

[quote name='Hooterville']Wonder if they will strip the downloads from people that got in on the deal?[/quote]

I doubt they would strip free content that was bonus. If they were losing money on games, that would be a diferent story. Time will tell..........Perhaps you are right but I like to be optimistic.

I really do not see them removing stuff from your Hard Drive as it would be hard to prove if you downloaded it from the link or officially. I could see them removing it from your queue if you had not downloaded yet.

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']if you go to kotaku there saying the goldlancer is now being stripped from hardrives lol

http://kotaku.com/5096635/[updated]-gold-lancer-removed-revoked-consider-lootathon-over

"OK, gang. I think the fun is over. Many of you pointed out that the Golden Lancer for Gears of War 2 is now either 99999 points or won't download. I tried to cue it up again and got the can't-download notice. Then the lancer was stripped from my hard drive. But I showed them!!! I put it on a memory unit before logging in!!! Which means if I ever want to play Gears with my ill-gotten gun I'll probably have to do it offline, if that even works."[/quote]

Just logged in to see if my golden lancer was stripped and it's there!

[quote name='EdEddandEdge']Just logged in to see if my golden lancer was stripped and it's there![/quote]

Are you able to use it in matches?

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']offer not valid in my region

US GOLD member here[/quote]

Same, though I still have my bright-yellow Lancer!

How do you people get all of these to work? the only one i can get working is the golden lancer. Have they fixed it?

[quote name='Owen']This is pretty much dead since MS has caught on to what was going on.[/quote]

Agreed! this topic is dead completely. I wish the mods can close this topic

A guy over on GF said that the people who downloaded the golden lancer from the marketplace site were gonna have the lancer stripped from them. Is this true?

[quote name='The0ne']A guy over on GF said that the people who downloaded the golden lancer from the marketplace site were gonna have the lancer stripped from them. Is this true?[/quote]

http://kotaku.com/5096635/[updated]-gold-lancer-removed-revoked-consider-lootathon-over

Sounds like he tried to re-d/l it though. I won't be to suprised if they strip it back...but seems kind of stupid. Makes sense though with how out of hand "exclusive" DLC has been lately

No, and I really don't think they can do anything unless you try to download it. It just doesn't seem like Microsoft can reach across the globe to your hd and delete it. It would have to be something you accessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back