Free GH:WT Guitar bundle when you buy 10 sets of guitar strings - Guitar Center

fizzywix

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (100%)
Free Guitar Hero World Tour when you buy 10 sets of exp coated acoustic strings

D'Addario EXP11 and D'Addario EXP12 acoustic guitar strings

These have gotten good reviews around the net, and I have used D'Addario strings on my bass that are great.

10 pack costs $99.99, and comes with free Guitar Hero World Tour guitar bundle according to the most recent catalog they sent me. Lists PS2, Wii, and 360.

Probably not much of a deal to most of us, but figured I'd post it anyway. If anyone is interested in a scan of the page, I can get one up, looks like an in-store deal only.

Also, you can find 10% (sometimes 15%) coupons for guitar center purchases all over the web to use with this.

Jesus... Now I know Im old... but those are some seriously expensive strings.
Jees, Ive been using ernie ball and...lol some other kind for 20 years. Epoxy coated strings huh...... might make for a nice mellow bass sound

$10 a pack? Yeah, it's expensive, but have you guys never heard of Elixir strings? Many guitarists swear by them, and they're like $11+. Personally, I use D'Addario EJ16's on my Martin and EXL110's on my electric guitars. They're significantly cheaper, but have always performed well.

This actually IS a pretty good deal. I love the EXP strings--they last 3 times as long as non-coated Phosphor Bronze strings. GH:WT guitar bundle for free, strings @ regular price...not bad at all.

I'm trying to figure out if it's 10 sets of strings at $99.99 each for a total of nearly $1000...

... or if it's spending $100 to get something that's $150 at most other places, which wouldn't make much sense for the store unless they are really trying to get rid of these things.

Given they do last longer, I use DR High Beams on my P bass, and they run around $30 for a 4 string pack. Too bad there aren't any decent cheap bass strings for this deal.

I use D'Addario on my strat, they're great. i prefer them then ernie ball and they're much cheaper. Yet, the D'Addario i get are like 5$; EXL110 as well.

[quote name='DrBrianFields']I'm trying to figure out if it's 10 sets of strings at $99.99 each for a total of nearly $1000...

... or if it's spending $100 to get something that's $150 at most other places, which wouldn't make much sense for the store unless they are really trying to get rid of these things.[/QUOTE]

Wow...I'm guessing you don't play guitar, and therefore would have no interest in this deal either way?

[quote name='DrBrianFields']I'm trying to figure out if it's 10 sets of strings at $99.99 each for a total of nearly $1000...

... or if it's spending $100 to get something that's $150 at most other places, which wouldn't make much sense for the store unless they are really trying to get rid of these things.[/QUOTE]

Where do you shop? Fingerhut? I'm joking but I don't think I've ever seen the guitar hero guitar bundle go for $150 even when it first came out. Are you thinking you will get the whole band kit?

[quote name='crypysmoker']Jesus... Now I know Im old... but those are some seriously expensive strings.
Jees, Ive been using ernie ball and...lol some other kind for 20 years. Epoxy coated strings huh...... might make for a nice mellow bass sound[/QUOTE]

aren't ernie balls like the worst brand?

I cant talk for their acoustic sets, but I dont touch (electric) strings that aren't EB, personal preference but I swear by them

[quote name='shoe478']Where do you shop? Fingerhut? I'm joking but I don't think I've ever seen the guitar hero guitar bundle go for $150 even when it first came out. Are you thinking you will get the whole band kit?[/QUOTE]

OHHHH just the GUITAR bundle... lol... I had just woken up and for some reason was thinking the complete kit with drums, etc. hah. DERRRRP DERRRP.

Hmm. I've actually never used those strings. I used Elixir for a bit but then I realized I was a stupid teenager that couldn't tell the difference other than my fingers didn't smell like rust after a month's use. I'm due to replace my strings on my acoustic but God knows I wouldn't play enough guitar in the rest of my life to justify this purchase.

bread's done
Back