Free Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime Xbox Live Arcade Game

[quote name='Ravenhood']I can't say for sure, but I'm confident that it would be. It looks to be a real promotion for Xbox Live Taiwan, so unless they're planning on taking it down today, you should be safe. Still, if you have any internet access, even for a few minutes, it might not hurt to get it queued up to be on the safe side, even if you can't turn the system on. =P[/QUOTE]

I have a Taiwanese account on my Xbox but I can't remember the name/etc to log in here at work... I tried to create a new one but when I click the game to queue it up it says "This item cannot be purchased on xbox.com" or something similar...

Still works, thanks OP.

If you are doing the website method, make sure to actually switch countries in the top left corner. After I signed in with the taiwan account, it was still on the "US" site. When I switched to the Taiwan version, it was free. (Or if you recover on your xbox, then download through the dashboard, it comes up free.)

Still works. Thanks. Game is pretty terrible though. Got to the first boss, the Chef guy and died. Now I feel no need to go back to it.

[quote name='ExplodingRat']Still works, thanks OP.

If you are doing the website method, make sure to actually switch countries in the top left corner. After I signed in with the taiwan account, it was still on the "US" site. When I switched to the Taiwan version, it was free. (Or if you recover on your xbox, then download through the dashboard, it comes up free.)[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I did but I'm still getting the message "This item cannot be downloaded on the Xbox.com marketplace" or something similar.. =( I'll try it at home on my xbox I guess.

Grabbed this earlier. Online it tried to make me buy points when I went to download the game, so I just recovered it to my xbox and got it free from the marketplace on there.

Thx, OP.

A few notes for PC

Clear your cookies for ease.
Use translate.google to c/p the text.
As Kemper said, click "Skip" (the far right one) when the CC info pops up.
Hop on your XBox and recover the account.

What do you guys think of the game? Me Its ok, you should not even attempt to read the long comics, i failed to catch te cheif with the device b/c i did not know you had to press buttons and i could not try again. al in all its ok. Love the start up music though. :whee:

[quote name='Viol8tor']Bahhhhhh. 2late2theparty.

"This item is not currently available in the xbox marketplace"

:nottalking:[/QUOTE]

Really? Damn... unfortunate for those who were looking forward to getting this... =S

Dammit, just got home from work. It's still listed as Free on my xbox but it says "Can't retrieve information from Xbox LIVE... etc"

I found it easier to create an email from Microsoft's billing website than from MSN.com or Live.com. It's first option is to choose the country, then the email address.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much for the info was able to get myself a copy and help three friends get one each too.

[quote name='LondonGaijin']Those of you that didn't get it, think yourselves lucky![/QUOTE]

There are a lot worse titles on XBLA...

[quote name='cybergod']Got it coming down. Aussie account. Zero points.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you mean the full version, and not the trial version or the trailer? Because the full version is showing 800 points on the Australian site for me.

Yeah, the Aussie version still looks to be 800 MSP, so unless he knows something we all don't, he's likely mistaken.

Just checked the Taiwanese site; it's interesting, the game is completely gone from what I can tell. Clicking the Sanctum of Slime link on the home page shows some avatar gear and the trailer, but no actual game. 0_o

bread's done
Back