FREE Google Cardboard from Volvo

Opened the mail and had one of these sitting in the box. I entered when the contest went live but it never told me I won. Gonna download Cardboard(Have a GS3) and test it out. Looks pretty cool.

Edit: Well, never mind, apparently the magnetic switch does not work on GS3. Not sure if there is a way to fix this.
GS3 as in Galaxy S3? Dang.. that's what I have. Mine just came in today, I was going to try it in like an hour.

GS3 as in Galaxy S3? Dang.. that's what I have. Mine just came in today, I was going to try it in like an hour.
Yeah, The problem, I looked up, is that the magnet that the switch uses is located on the bottom of the phone by the charging port, whereas in the GS4 and 5 its on the top of the phone. I turned the Cardboard upside down and it works fine, although things look a little distorted, but it works pretty well. Can't complain about free.

Yeah, The problem, I looked up, is that the magnet that the switch uses is located on the bottom of the phone by the charging port, whereas in the GS4 and 5 its on the top of the phone. I turned the Cardboard upside down and it works fine, although things look a little distorted, but it works pretty well. Can't complain about free.
I'm so confused. What's the token for? What's the switch on the side for? How do you select a menu option on an app or do anything within one? I can't tell if I'm just stupid or it's the phone.. because I can't even get a 3D image to display correctly. :p

So you put the phone in normally and turned the cardboard upside down and it worked?

I'm so confused. What's the token for? What's the switch on the side for? How do you select a menu option on an app or do anything within one? I can't tell if I'm just stupid or it's the phone.. because I can't even get a 3D image to display correctly. :p

So you put the phone in normally and turned the cardboard upside down and it worked?
I was completely confused by the whole thing, so I had to do some research last night. XD

There's a magnetic little switch on the headset, it acts as a select button when you click it. Normally theres a magnetic sensor in the phone, which is how it works to select when you're looking in the headset, but on the GS3 that sensor is on thw wrong side. So I fflipped the headset upside down, and put the phone in as normal so the switch would work. It's still kind of buggy because it switch is notCOMPLETLY in y he right apot so when I put the phone in it trys to select something right away. It can be a hassle to work but it's kind of cool. My first interaction with VR, since I wouldn't wait in 3 hour lines at PAX to try out the Occulus Rift.

I was completely confused by the whole thing, so I had to do some research last night. XD

There's a magnetic little switch on the headset, it acts as a select button when you click it. Normally theres a magnetic sensor in the phone, which is how it works to select when you're looking in the headset, but on the GS3 that sensor is on thw wrong side. So I fflipped the headset upside down, and put the phone in as normal so the switch would work. It's still kind of buggy because it switch is notCOMPLETLY in y he right apot so when I put the phone in it trys to select something right away. It can be a hassle to work but it's kind of cool. My first interaction with VR, since I wouldn't wait in 3 hour lines at PAX to try out the Occulus Rift.
I'm confused, you looked through the headset (cardboard) upside down so the switch is on the right side? Why can't you put the phone in with the charging port on the magnet side and cut a hole out for the camera on the other side? Or does the phone not auto rotate to the other side?

We've received your entry and are happy to say you'll be receiving a free Google Cardboard Headset. Look out for it coming soon to the mailing address provided. In the meantime, download the app and check out the all-new XC90 with the full-screen video version.

THANKS TC!!:)

Got mine in, surprised I won honestly. I've used Google Cardboard at work and its pretty much the exact same thing but Volvo branded. Unfortunately my phone doesn't support it since its missing a gyroscope and the magnetometer is on the wrong side of the phone. I'll hold on to it until I get something that is compatible :D

I must have the wrong eyes for this. I just cannot make the left and right images line up.
i had problems with samsung galaxy s2. But when i used iphone 5s it had no problems.

So yes it depends on mobile on not on your eyes.

I got mine like almost a month ago and never did anything more than put it on the floor. I need to put it together and all that lol. Been too busy. What does it look like exactly? o_O

bread's done
Back