Free Grand Slam at Denny's (Tues., Feb. 3)

yea i'm there, and i saw the superbowl spot, so my assumption is a mob. I'll be going early before i go to the gym or after....depending...

interesting but then im not even going to bother, do you guys realize how crazy busy it will be.

And it's not like a giveaway where you get your free shwag and leave, you have to sit there and eat, probably wait hella long, and all that for something I can get for 5 bucks any other day.

let's also say this...regardless of the slumping economy....everytime i go out to eat...the places are packing.....everyone's gotta eat.

lol everyone at my college will be swarming the only Denny's near campus XD. On a completely random note: did anyone else (when they first saw the commercial) think the GIJOE commercial rocked up until it said the title of the movie? Everyone in the room I was in went like "Damn we should watch this!" Then "GIJOE something something cobra" came up and we were like "Nahhhhhhh" lmao

[quote name='greyzieoriental']So is this free for everyone or one per family type deal?

I have 3 denny's within 2 miles of my house. One is right down the street.[/quote]

Its one per person

Good luck to everyone who goes and try to tip your waitresses. Tomorrow's gonna be hell for them.

I'm not big on Denny's, so I'm gonna pass. Besides, the World Series Taco Bell free taco day was insane enough when my dad and I drove by on our way to another store.

So you get a free $4.99 MAX meal. Which I would assume wouldn't feel up a child. Then you have to pay lets say $1.70 for a drink. Then tip. Just doesn't add up to me... But you guys have fun!!! Oh ya Shoneys is better :booty:

[quote name='A Town Home Boi']So you get a free $4.99 MAX meal. Which I would assume wouldn't feel up a child. Then you have to pay lets say $1.70 for a drink. Then tip. Just doesn't add up to me... But you guys have fun!!! Oh ya Shoneys is better :booty:[/quote]

You assume correctly sir.

I hope no one would feel up a child. Gross.

[quote name='A Town Home Boi']Then you have to pay lets say $1.70 for a drink.[/quote]

Water is free. ;)

I have two Denny's less than three miles from my house and another five Denny's less than 10 miles from my house. I'm hoping the extra Denny's help displace the overcrowding. I'm thinking Breakfast and Lunch.

[quote name='A Town Home Boi']Which I would assume wouldn't feel up a child[/quote]
[quote name='A Town Home Boi']... But you guys have fun!!![/quote]
Ohh ohh someone call the Pedo police.

[quote name='A Town Home Boi']So you get a free $4.99 MAX meal. Which I would assume wouldn't feel up a child. Then you have to pay lets say $1.70 for a drink. Then tip. Just doesn't add up to me... But you guys have fun!!! Oh ya Shoneys is better :booty:[/quote]
Are the kids in Atlanta the size of houses? The Grand Slam at Denny's has a lot of mediocre food, plenty to feed an adult certainly.

I'm going to check it out, it will probably be packed but... free food.

Too bad the nearest Denny's is over 100 miles away, otherwise I'd hit up Denny's when I got off work and grab free food. Oh well. lol

I just got home, the place was packed but the wait was short. It only took about 5 minutes or so to be seated. Four of us ordered the free Grand Slam and also a couple of those "Fruit Fusion" drinks and left a good tip.

Overall I have to say I was impressed by how friendly the employees were considering how busy of a day they are going to have.

i would love to see what the local dennys look like.. i love dennys but i wouldnt go just for a free grand slam..

i bet the workers must be thinking.. look at all these cheap mofo's

[quote name='guyver2077']i would love to see what the local dennys look like.. i love dennys but i wouldnt go just for a free grand slam..

i bet the workers must be thinking.. look at all these cheap mofo's[/QUOTE]

I bet all the workers are happy. I know I would be. Most the money they get today is going to be all tips. Unless they're real cheapasses by not tipping.

Anyone else go yet? How long was the waits?

[quote name='supraazn']Ohh ohh someone call the Pedo police.[/quote]
You called?

chris_hansen.gif

[quote name='ryoga79']Too bad the nearest Denny's is over 100 miles away, otherwise I'd hit up Denny's when I got off work and grab free food. Oh well. lol[/quote]
I know dude, it sucks. Especially for dudes like me who live up north.

I got home around 2 pm, I passed by my local dennys at it was pack. I saw big line. I even saw some middle school kids running, I knew they were going to dennys since it was 2 already and thats the time its over. I wonder if they gave numbers or something to those who got there before 2.

I went and it wasnt that bad. I waited in line for 20 minutes sat down ordered my food and the waiter got it to me in less than 5 minutes. I expected a madhouse but those workers were prepared and hustling.

bread's done
Back