Free Halo DLC Crimson Pack?

how i got it to work was

start the game signed off

when prompted. sign in to ur gamertag

the ad will then pop up advertising the new maps

click go on the add and it will bring up the transaction page (note: do not click marketplace well its loading.

the transaction page will load and state your current mp value (i had 150) and the price of the item which is currently 0.

click confirm and enjoy ur download

nice!!! this worked for me, i went into Waypoint and it had it allready set up!the best thing is got the game december 4th.... and i got the specialization code for free from listia, see my sig.... anyways, thanks for the heads up CAG

It's a Microsoft error, if I'm not wrong, you are allowed to download it free untill they don't fix it. Who gets it is lucky.

Btw, I feel sorry for LE and Map pass Owners, that are just getting fucked up...

[quote name='XRey360']It's a Microsoft error, if I'm not wrong, you are allowed to download it free untill they don't fix it. Who gets it is lucky.

Btw, I feel sorry for LE and Map pass Owners, that are just getting fucked up...[/QUOTE]

I am a LE season pass holder and it wouldnt let me download it bc of some issues MS is having. I was able to get if free tho thru this method :)

According to a Microsoft rep, the map pack will be free until the 18th IF you played Halo 4 within the first 14 days of release and received/redeemed the Specialization Alpha pack code.

Sounds to me like they're trying to cover their asses by saying this was intentional ;D

i just recover a friend's profile and he even don't have the game yet and i add the map pack to him. I DIDN'T REDEEMED ANY SPEC ALPHA ON HIS PROFILE AND IT DID WORK, you don't need any code or anything.

I have a bad news friends, microsoft stated the map pack is only a trial, this means after the 18th it will be revoked if you don't have LE or Map Pack Pass...

I have a bad new friend, microsoft stated the map pack is only a trial, this means after the 18th it will be revoked if you don't have LE or Map Pack Pass...

[quote name='XRey360']I have a bad new friend, microsoft stated the map pack is only a trial, this means after the 18th it will be revoked if you don't have LE or Map Pack Pass...[/QUOTE]
He's telling the truth.
Many of you participated in our “14 Day - Buy and Play” program, a special offer that granted early access to six Specializations. As part of that program, we are providing complimentary access to the Crimson Map Pack for a limited time (through Tuesday, December 18 at 9am UTC/GMT). At that time, the complimentary limited access to the Crimson Map Pack will close, and “14 Day - Buy and Play” program participants will no longer be able to access the content for online play (please note anybody who has already purchased the Crimson Map Pack or owns the Halo 4 Map Pass or Limited Edition will not be impacted and will continue to have access to the content after the complimentary access period ends).

If you enjoy the new maps and would like to continue playing on them after that date, the Crimson Map Pack can be purchased through the Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 800 MS Points, or via purchase of the War Games Map Pass. We hope you’re enjoying the special Crimson Map Pack preview, and we’ll see you on the (new!) virtual battlefields.

Code:
[URL="http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/post/2012/12/11/14-Day-Buy-and-Play.aspx"]http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/post/2012/12/11/14-Day-Buy-and-Play.aspx
[/URL]

[quote name='OddFull Metal']He's telling the truth.

Code:
[URL]http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/post/2012/12/11/14-Day-Buy-and-Play.aspx[/URL]
[/QUOTE]
Well, that sucks.

[quote name='OddFull Metal']
Code:
[URL]http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/post/2012/12/11/14-Day-Buy-and-Play.aspx[/URL]
[/QUOTE]

That is hilarious! I can just see how that meeting over at Microsoft went:

"Gentlemen, what we need here is a way NOT to admit to an error or our part, yet at the same time, NOT have to provide refunds or free points to those people angry about legimitely buying this map pack........ I got it!"

[quote name='Arkanos']That is hilarious! I can just see how that meeting over at Microsoft went:

"Gentlemen, what we need here is a way NOT to admit to an error or our part, yet at the same time, NOT have to provide refunds or free points to those people angry about legimitely buying this map pack........ I got it!"[/QUOTE]

Yea this is bullshit. Notice you can't comment on the post in that link?? I'm sure everyone would tear them a new a**hole if they could. Also where did the thread from the deals section go (same topic 20+ pages)? Is m$ trying to hide stuff from us??

And it's so stupid... it's like if you recive a free hotdog, but after you eat it they notice they made a mistake, and want it back ._.

[quote name='XRey360']And it's so stupid... it's like if you recive a free hotdog, but after you eat it they notice they made a mistake, and want it back ._.[/QUOTE]

As long as they're prepared to wait a few hours, I'd gladly give it back to them "slightly used".

[quote name='Karl of Duty XP']As long as they're prepared to wait a few hours, I'd gladly give it back to them "slightly used".[/QUOTE]
For sure after playing it I know many won't buy the pack, from the comments seems to be terrible XD

[quote name='XRey360']For sure after playing it I know many won't buy the pack, from the comments seems to be terrible XD[/QUOTE]
ditto

[quote name='XRey360']For sure after playing it I know many won't buy the pack, from the comments seems to be terrible XD[/QUOTE]
I actually found it quite fun. But I also already have the map pass from the LE version

I'm just going to protest their "Indian Giver" policy. We will see who walks out of that chat victorious. Without a doubt they will give me an 800 MSP card for the "trouble" and I recommend others to do the same. As consumers we can't allow them to do this, and to simply say: "my bad, and oops!" :whistle2:#

I didn't mind the map pack. This whole thing is BS though. Microsoft has screwed up fairly regularly over the past few years (Daggerdale, Sanctum of Slime, Borderlands 2 Season Pass, F1 Racing in Germany, lightsaber prop, plants & zombie mask) and never done anything about them really. Now, however, it became newsworthy so they decide to not only do something about it, but the wrong thing.

If this does go through (and I realize it will) I'll be emailing them over it. This is nothing more than grade school "here you can have this, oh no wait I said you can borrow it" crap. Definitely not something a publicly traded company should be doing if they want to keep good face.

[quote name='pyoobez']I didn't mind the map pack. This whole thing is BS though. Microsoft has screwed up fairly regularly over the past few years (Daggerdale, Sanctum of Slime, Borderlands 2 Season Pass, F1 Racing in Germany, lightsaber prop, plants & zombie mask) and never done anything about them really. Now, however, it became newsworthy so they decide to not only do something about it, but the wrong thing.

If this does go through (and I realize it will) I'll be emailing them over it. This is nothing more than grade school "here you can have this, oh no wait I said you can borrow it" crap. Definitely not something a publicly traded company should be doing if they want to keep good face.[/QUOTE]
Exactly! Microsoft/343 has egg on their face, and they act like we don't see it. I swear, if the whole Playstation hack happened to Microsoft, I know they wouldn't do anything to compensate.

I'm still waiting on my specialization armor I never received. I like Microsoft in some regards, but when it has to deal with PR, they suck imo.

bread's done
Back