Free Halo Reach In-Game Item and Prizes!

Ness3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Today is the last day of the old school Xbox Live on the original Xbox and Bungie is giving everyone who plays a free "piece of visual flair" for Halo Reach and is also giving out random prizes to people who play today. So go pop in Halo 2 for one last time!

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=BWU_040910

"On the eve of Halo 2’s sunset, April 14th, Bungie will be heading back into Halo 2 in full force for one last Humpday against our beloved, BXR-abusing community. And we fully expect to get our asses royally kicked by the robotic techno-wunderkinds who have made Halo 2 their online home these last five years.

If you’ve yet to come to grips with a world without Halo 2 over Xbox LIVE, make sure you get out all of your frustrations by collectively teabagging our flailing dead corpses. We won’t even demand that you to rinse out your sweaty codpieces first.

As thanks for throwing down, we’re committed to granting everyone who plays with us on the 14th a piece of visual flair for use in Halo: Reach multiplayer as a symbol of our gratitude. We’ll also be collecting a plethora of relevant stats and gifting plenty of other sweet prizes for players who take the time to throw down with us."

I'd love to play, but my repaired console doesn't get back until Thursday. UPS got it to about 20 miles from here yesterday around noon, but it's not being delivered today. If I order something UPS ground from 400 miles away and it ships at 7 PM, it gets delivered the next day. Thanks MS and thanks UPS....

[quote name='gundamxzero']Oh can you? With a disc or do you need to have the download version. You learn something every day :)[/QUOTE]

I don't know about a download version, but I just put my disc in my 360 and played a match.

Cool, thanks for the heads up. Just downloaded all the extra maps the other day so I would have them...if they can even be used offline, lol? Will try to play a few matches at some point today.

Anyone know what time the servers go down?
I want to be on when it all ends, but won't be home until around 1:00am Eastern. I'm hoping they'll be on until at least 4 or 5am.

Playing again last weekend reminded me how much fun I used to have playing it in college.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I will play one match just to get the Halo Reach item[/QUOTE]
Me too, I'll have to pop this into my 360 when I get home from work. Thanks for the heads up OP!

Problem with original xbox DLC is that on the 360 it seems to "expire" if you don't play a BC game for so long. This was an issue that was never addressed, so if you plan of using your DLC on xbox1 games down the road, make sure to randomly throw in Halo2 or something every once in awhile. Thankfully there is a HDD backup tool out there now.

I've always regretted having lost my Halo 2 disc. I missed those times. I have a Games For Windows version, but it's not as fun as the ol' Xbox.

So many people are playing the game just for the item that when Reach actually comes out, so many people will have it that it won't be interesting.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I wonder if we get the Reach item for just playing, or for playing a match against a Bungie member.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to find us and make us dead to win some free stuff. We'll have Halo: Reach flair for anyone who plays and plenty of other prizes on offer for anyone that achieves one of many super secret metrics we're not disclosing. Just play. That's all we ask.
http://www.bungie.net/News/Blog.aspx?mode=news#cid25583
According to the bungie.net blog we just need to play and you can get the flair. There are other prizes for the secret metrics (i'm not sure what these are, probably the medals).

Planned on playing today anyway and this is just an added bonus! Halo 2 is my all time favorite shooter on the xbox and I probably have the most time logged on this game. It's really sad to see it go, but the community died anyway when halo 3 came out so it will be nice to finally be able to get a match tonight with the influx of players on :)

[quote name='AlphaPanda']So many people are playing the game just for the item that when Reach actually comes out, so many people will have it that it won't be interesting.[/QUOTE]

This.

i played a little bit, but almost everytime it would tell me i cant connect to the server 10 seconds after the game starts

Managed to get in about 10 games or so. I had forgotten all about it too until like 12:05am EST...thought I had missed it but servers didn't go down until like 2 or 3am EST. Thanks again for the heads up OP.

major nelson said there going to take it down today, but they dont have a time set exactly. havnt checked it yet but it might still work

I haven't been playing, but by the sound of several tweets over the past few minutes Xbox 1 has just been euthanized.

My guess is it'll be hard to fit in a shoebox or down the toilet.

bread's done
Back