Free Halo Reach Poster at Walmart YMMV

divinemaiden

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys, I just received a big poster for Halo Reach Limited Edition from Walmart. It in a bin label "free" right in front of the register in the electronic section. The associate tell me I can have it without buying the game :D This is in Texas btw

Last edited by a moderator:
sweet, i am obsessed with Halo Reach now (even though that damn Sabre mission put me to sleep-way to innovate there guys ;) ). Got the LE, hardcover guide, 5 TRU cards, $10 shirt from Target..will have to scope this out. thanks OP!

My wife snagged a couple of these day of launch. 1 for me & 1 for her 12 yr old. Really cool poster. The associate told her they were for people that purchase the game but let her have them anyway (bought my copy @ BB).

Sweet, I'll check out my Walmart on my way back from class today. I already got two fathead jr. posters from Target.com and already returned the games I had to buy to get them lol.

[quote name='token2k6']sweet, i am obsessed with Halo Reach now (even though that damn Sabre mission put me to sleep-way to innovate there guys ;) ). Got the LE, hardcover guide, 5 TRU cards, $10 shirt from Target..will have to scope this out. thanks OP![/QUOTE]
Sabre mission putting you to sleep? WHAT?! That mission is beautiful!

[quote name='mitnosi']Sabre mission putting you to sleep? WHAT?! That mission is beautiful![/QUOTE]

ha! well kinda, I remembering playing it and like when the 3rd wave started, I was bored and it was hard to keep my eyes open (mind you, I always play at like 10pm after a couple drinks, so that attributes :lol:) I will say that I thought the sound effects were really cool for that mission, how it was like you were truly in a vacuum w/ all the sound muffled..

I bought the limited edition version at walmart and got $20 gift card and this free poster which I didn't even know anything about. The poster was so cool I went ahead and hung it on my wall : ) and let me tell you the $20 extra you pay for the limited edition is more than worth it. Very nice hardcover diary with lots of goodies inside.

Called both my local Super Wal-Marts. Both said they don't have any left. One ran out during the launch for pre-orders, the other ran out earlier in the week. Oh well.

Oh yeah, I got one of these when I stopped in on release day (interestingly enough, AFTER I had picked up my copy elsewhere). It's way bigger and better-looking than a giveaway poster has any right to be. I might even get a cheap frame and hang it up that way.

I got one today and gotta go to another Walmart later so I'll try to get another. Of course the people at Walmart keep them all in crappy condition so mine has a lot of bends and dents in it. Hoping I can get one in good condition cause it's a sweet poster.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I love that you linked the auction selling it for $50.00[/QUOTE]
lol well it the first one I can find that show the whole picture XD

lol i'm surprised this hasn't been moved to the "Free stuff" section. Cool poster. Not much of a poster guy tho so I don't really want one.

[quote name='divinemaiden']lol well it the first one I can find that show the whole picture XD[/QUOTE]
Not too shabby. I think it looks worth picking up, just not immediately. :lol:

One like 20 min or so away from me had a bunch left. Called a friend who is a big Halo fan and we drove down there and got a pair. Thanks OP.

Dammit, went to 2 wal-marts today and neither even got it for the midnight release. Arg! I really, really want one!! >_

They also had Metroid Other M posters in the same box as the Halo Reach posters at my Wal-Mart.

I took one of each. ^_^

I took 3 posters I thought they were halo reach now some people are saying they might be metroid. hmmm gonna have to look now.

Found large stash of posters, wondering if I should hoard them all and sell them on eBay, could use the money.

Err--just kidding.

[quote name='kylerg']Mine had none out. Didn't bother with asking.[/QUOTE]

Well that was dumb and lazy of you; all the Walmarts by me had them under the counter at the register near the video games. The clerks all knew about it and didn't care giving them out. No advertisements were up for them, unlike when they had RDR cards out the ass.

Crap. I checked my local Wal-mart and they didn't have any. Anyone out there with an extra one want to send it to me? I'd pay S&H for it.

bread's done
Back