Free Harry Potter 360 Avatar DLC, email promo

Bloodbooger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Yeah, not very exciting but they sent me a code for a DLC broomstick in the recent Xbox "Take a RISK, win Harry Potter gear" email.

Email:
legoharrypotteremail.png
*Edit* Fine print:
*Limited-time offer good only to named recipients of this e-mail who are legal residents of the 50 United States (including Washington, D.C.), age 17 and older. To receive a code good for one LEGO Harry Potter Avatar prop, you must be one of the first 7,000 readers to open this e-mail. Limit: one code per person. Code is one-time use only, and must be redeemed at https://live.xbox.com/en-US/accounts/RedeemToken.aspx by 11:59:59 P.M. Pacific Time on July 8, 2010. Offer and code cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash, or combined with any other offer or promotion.

The email they sent out. Check your emails everyone. It's the first 7000 people to read that email.

Are the codes the same? Mine started with an H and ended in a 6

Also are you guys in the Xbox Live rewards program?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked that email. Where the code should have been, it now reads, "Sorry, coupon is exhausted."

Thanks for the heads up, tho.

maybe the code is a universal one? anyone wanna post their used code, or pm me a new one? i got the same message as others :(
sorry-coupon-has-been-exhausted.jpg

I got the email finally but with the same message as others "sorry, coupon has been exhausted." which is a bunch of bullshit really! Why even bother putting that in the email? If you have a code and already redeemed it, please post the code and let others try it out or PM me the code please. I wanna know if it's universal and what not.

mine shows was just recieved 3 hours ago .... wat BS sending an code out that within 3 hours the amount was already exhausted ....c'mon Msoft .... thats kinda pathetic

[quote name='Blazionite']Email:
legoharrypotteremail.png
*Edit* Fine print:
*Limited-time offer good only to named recipients of this e-mail who are legal residents of the 50 United States (including Washington, D.C.), age 17 and older. To receive a code good for one LEGO Harry Potter Avatar prop, you must be one of the first 7,000 readers to open this e-mail. Limit: one code per person. Code is one-time use only, and must be redeemed at https://live.xbox.com/en-US/accounts/RedeemToken.aspx by 11:59:59 P.M. Pacific Time on July 8, 2010. Offer and code cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash, or combined with any other offer or promotion.

The email they sent out. Check your emails everyone. It's the first 7000 people to read that email.

Are the codes the same? Mine started with an H and ended in a 6

Also are you guys in the Xbox Live rewards program?[/QUOTE]

My code started with MWWBP, so right now it doesn't look to be universal. Received my email at 7:01pm and didn't even consider the idea that it did not go out to everyone.

Did you get a broom too? I'm not even much of a HP fan, but I got curious to see what Avatar DLC they were giving away.

I got the email about an hour ago but that had same sorry message that all codes were exhausted. why even send the email with the code then? pointless and sending it to the account that i'm a 7 year member is even more bothering to me. stupid m$

Got it. Stupid that people would pay for virtual crap though.

Yes I bought my avatar a vitrual hamburger and fries unfortunately he ate it its gone now

How do you get a Newsletter update from xbox? Because i never had any xbox Newsletter in my email.

Note: Nevermind i find it, You need to go to your profile in xbox.com and click "Contact Preferences" from there, check box "Xbox Newsletter / Marketing". I bet all those free stuff (400 points) are coming from newsletter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go the dumb email with a no more codes message. Totally stupid. How the hell is there a limit to virtual crap to put on your virtual avatar? Just makes MS look like a joke.

I didn't get my e-mail until this morning around 10am? Of course, the codes were already exhausted by then! FFS

[quote name='Bloodbooger']My code started with MWWBP, so right now it doesn't look to be universal. Received my email at 7:01pm and didn't even consider the idea that it did not go out to everyone.

Did you get a broom too? I'm not even much of a HP fan, but I got curious to see what Avatar DLC they were giving away.[/QUOTE]
I checked on the Xbox and yeah it was the broomstick. I thought it would be for the wand on the avatar marketplace; didn't think it would be for something not there.

I haven't used the code yet (I backed out of the redeem screen) so I don't know what to do with it yet...

No one else here besides Bloodbooger and I got a code?

And this is the broomstick thing itself http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/avatar/offers/011f001e-0000-4000-8000-00005858081c/

I got two of the e-mails (don't ask why, I don't know) and neither had the code. Why send it out at all, if not everyone gets a code?

[quote name='rickyff7']How do you get a Newsletter update from xbox? Because i never had any xbox Newsletter in my email.

Note: Nevermind i find it, You need to go to your profile in xbox.com and click "Contact Preferences" from there, check box "Xbox Newsletter / Marketing". I bet all those free stuff (400 points) are coming from newsletter.[/QUOTE]

I've had the "Xbox Newsletter / Marketing" option checked in "Contact Preferences" since I made my profile over 3 years ago. I get emails about new games coming out, but I have NEVER received free avatar items, free MS Points, etc. It's freaking bull . . .

Looks like the email finally came it at 4:30, long after the max number of codes were redeemed. fuck off, Microsoft.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I've had the "Xbox Newsletter / Marketing" option checked in "Contact Preferences" since I made my profile over 3 years ago. I get emails about new games coming out, but I have NEVER received free avatar items, free MS Points, etc. It's freaking bull . . .[/QUOTE]

Same here. Kinda frustrating when I see these topics, but what are ya gonna do?

On a side note, I love the fact that the link to the Marketplace someone posted shows that you can buy it for 99999 MSP. So, if that broom is worth $1250 to anyone, that's always an option. :) Like my fiance said, for that price, they better damn well send me a real flying broom.

I had 2 of these emails this morning and didn't see a code in the one I read so I just deleted them both. Oh well, my wife would've loved to have that one.

Happy 4th of July! Since only like two or three people (including me) actually got the broomstick avatar code I've decided to give my unused code out. Post something related to Harry Potter here (something funny preferably) and I'll pick someone at random who posts something HP related after this post sometime later today or tomorrow.

Once again this is the avatar item the code is for: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/avatar/offers/011f001e-0000-4000-8000-00005858081c/

[quote name='Blazionite']Happy 4th of July! Since only like two or three people (including me) actually got the broomstick avatar code I've decided to give my unused code out. Post something related to Harry Potter here (something funny preferably) and I'll pick someone at random who posts something HP related after this post sometime later today or tomorrow.

Once again this is the avatar item the code is for: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/avatar/offers/011f001e-0000-4000-8000-00005858081c/[/QUOTE]

Do I win?

[quote name='Blazionite']Happy 4th of July! Since only like two or three people (including me) actually got the broomstick avatar code I've decided to give my unused code out. Post something related to Harry Potter here (something funny preferably) and I'll pick someone at random who posts something HP related after this post sometime later today or tomorrow.

Once again this is the avatar item the code is for: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/avatar/offers/011f001e-0000-4000-8000-00005858081c/[/QUOTE]
Well sorry, but I don't really have anything "funny", but here's a story about my Harry Potter Ravenclaw scarf ;)

We were at a store called Lonestar Comics in Arlington. I went with my brother in law as he's a big fan of comic book merchandise like giant models and figures and comics themselves. There I noticed a Harry Potter Hufflepuff scarf!! I was really hoping for Ravenclaw or Gryffindor, heck even Slytherin, but at the time I was going through a Harry Potter phase, so I HAD to get something (it was around the release of the Deathly Hallows book and everyone had HP-mania going on).

So I borrowed a $20 and got my Hufflepuff scarf! In all my excitement, I didn't notice that there was some minor (though it bothered me) discoloration on it and a couple of cuts, so I demanded my brother in law turn around, and he did.

I went back in there and asked for a refund. One of the guys said he was real sorry, and to make up for it, let me keep the damaged Hufflepuff scarf and tossed me a Ravenclaw one he had behind the counter!!

Out of the kindness of my heart (hehe) I gave the Hufflepuff one to my sister (who is a fan of the movies and would get it to someone to sew it up), and kept the Ravenclaw one. I never wear it, and for some reason took the tags off, but by god I was glad to get the scarf.

It's a very long-winded and irrelevant story to, well, anything. But hey, HP-related :)

Do you remember the vibrating Harry Potter broomstick they used to sell to kids? I remember seeing it in the store and immediately thought it was the most fucked up idea for a toy. I'm sure the girls loved though.

big.jpg

http://www.cwfa.org/articles/753/CFI/cfreport/

Mattel is marketing a toy broomstick in its Harry Potter line that is raising eyebrows.

The Harry Potter Nimbus 2000, for sale since October of 2001, is marketed to 8—to 12-year-old children. A toy replica of the broomstick Harry Potter uses in the movie Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, the Nimbus 2000 is, according to at least one mother, providing a little too much stimulation.
Quoting from the editorial review posted on the Amazon.com Web site, “Kids can now ‘fly’ a Nimbus 2000 broomstick just like member of their favorite Quidditch team.”

“The Nimbus 2000 features a grooved stick and handle for easy riding. Enhancing the excitement are the vibrating effects and magical swooping and whooshing sounds the broom makes when on. Sounds can also be activated when the switch is set in standby mode. Requires three AA batteries (included),” reviewer Larry White adds.

A check of other online toy stores shows that description to be accurate.
Sarah Rosales, Vice President of Public Relations for Mattel's Entertainment Division said, “Our intent in creating the Nimbus 2000 Flying Broomstick was to bring the magic of the fictional ”Harry Potter“ tale to life for children. The toy was created to mimic the effect of flying and uses batteries to produce swooshing sound effects.”

“At Mattel, the well-being of children is always our top priority.”
Rosales added that Mattel “does not consider the toy inappropriate” adding that they “apologize that some parents may consider it to be [inappropriate], but that was not the company's intention.”
Customer reviews of the toy are mixed. A reviewer identified as “A toy enthusiast from New Jersey” described her shock when she purchased the toy for her daughter last Christmas.

“It wasn’t until after she opened her gift and started playing with it that I realized that the toy may offer a more than sensational experience. The broomstick has cute sound effects and ***VIBRATES*** when they put it between their legs to fly,” she wrote on December 26, 2001.

“Come on — what were the creators of this toy thinking? She’ll keep playing with the Nimbus 2000, but with the batteries removed,” she added.
Other reviewers were apparently not as quick on the uptake. “Ashley” from Texas is one who found nothing unusual with the toy.

“My 12-year-old daughter is a big Harry Potter fan, and loved the part with the Nimbus 2000, so I decided to buy her this toy,” Ashley wrote on June 11, 2002. “Even my daughter’s friends enjoy playing with this fun toy. I was surprised at how long they can just sit in her room and play with this magic broomstick!!”

Other reviewers seemed to be simply clueless. “Poola13” from Ohio noted how popular the toy was with his/her 12-year-old daughter and her friends. Poola13 added in the June 11, 2002, review that, “they play for hours in her bedroom with this great toy. They really seem to like the special effects it offers (the sound effects and vibrating). My oldest daughter (17) really likes it too!”

Now, given the growing attention this toy is receiving on various Internet message boards, that last message is likely a tongue-in-cheek posting, however the first question remains true, “What WERE the creators of this toy thinking?”

Calls to Mattel were not returned by press time.
Mattel contact info: http://www.mattel.com/contact_us/default.asp

By the way, this is my entry for the contest too. Do you know if the avatar broomstick vibrates?

If you've never watched it, it's worth watching the entire movie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u981JhkK46o

My friend and I decided to try the Harry Potter Jelly Beans one time and we ate some of nasty ones, one of them was called barf and my friend and I were literally barfing out of his car window!

bread's done
Back