Free HD-DVD with 360 HD-DVD Player at Amazon

I highly recommend HD DVD to anyone with an HDTV. The video quality is consistently jaw-dropping and the interactive features can be a hoot - much better quality than DVD and much more fun/interactive extras. If you have a few bucks to throw around, I'd jump on this deal.

[quote name='LiK']bah, the matrix trilogy hd-dvd is not part of the offer. i'll pass.[/quote] Well thats a huge surprise a $70 box set isnt included.

I was really tempted by this but the fact that a lot of HD-DVD's are $30 puts me off.

Just can't bring myself to pay $30 for a movie as I'm used to buying cheap DVDs

Not that its not a great deal but if you guys are about to pull the trigger on this, I would suggest you wait and get it from Circuit City or Best Buy next week, since they will be offering 2 free HD DVD's with purchase of the HD DVD add on. Its on Speed1961's threads.

EDIT:

[quote name='speedy1961']GAMERS: Get a 2 Free HD-DVD movies of your choice (up to a $59.98 value) with the purchase of an XBOX 360 HD-DVD Player ($199.99) // Please note that the HD-DVD Player comes with a bonus HD-DVD Movie: King Kong[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139924 Deal will be at both Circuit City and Best Buy

With all the CC coupons and Sam's deals, paying basically full price for the mediocre 360 player to get a free $20 HDDVD doesn't make much sense to me--especially with the deals on the Toshiba stand-alones and multiple free HD-DVDs with that. Also, the HD-DVD player came with King Kong from the get-go so there probably isn't even any guarantee you will still get that.

[quote name='nharmon91']Well thats a huge surprise a $70 box set isnt included.[/quote]

it's a promotion, it wouldn't be unusual :roll: :roll:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Not that its not a great deal but if you guys are about to pull the trigger on this, I would suggest you wait and get it from Circuit City or Best Buy next week, since they will be offering 2 free HD DVD's with purchase of the HD DVD add on. Its on Speedy1961's threads.

EDIT:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139924 Deal will be at both Circuit City and Best Buy[/quote]

Thank you LinkinPrime!

You've always got my back! :applause:

[quote name='turls']With all the CC coupons and Sam's deals, paying basically full price for the mediocre 360 player to get a free $20 HDDVD doesn't make much sense to me--especially with the deals on the Toshiba stand-alones and multiple free HD-DVDs with that. Also, the HD-DVD player came with King Kong from the get-go so there probably isn't even any guarantee you will still get that.[/quote]

Actually they are guaranteeing King Kong at Circuit City and Best Buy.

[quote name='speedy1961']Actually they are guaranteeing King Kong at Circuit City and Best Buy.[/quote]

so i guess they couldn't get rid of the launch units? very tempting

Thanks Speedy and Linkin, I'd decided I was going to bite as I can rent HD-DVD's from Blockbuster, but I'll wait and pick one up this weekend from BB.

[quote name='benjamouth']I was really tempted by this but the fact that a lot of HD-DVD's are $30 puts me off.

Just can't bring myself to pay $30 for a movie as I'm used to buying cheap DVDs[/QUOTE]

$30 is the retail, but you can find them all over for under that. Amazon has many at $19.99, especially pre-orders.

[quote name='LiK']it's a promotion, it wouldn't be unusual :roll: :roll:[/quote]

I'm begging for your example to back up your "wouldn't be unusual"

I'll be waiting, and if I'm nto around my grand kids have been instructed as part of my will. Sure I'm only 31 and don't have any kids yet, but like I said I'll be waiting.

[quote name='LanceJr']I'm begging for your example to back up your "wouldn't be unusual"[/quote]

what? we can't be hopeful like with those B1G1 offers? ;)

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']$30 is the retail, but you can find them all over for under that. Amazon has many at $19.99, especially pre-orders.[/quote]

Yeah, I was looking on Amazon, there are a lot for $20 but there are a few of the better titles that are nearer $30. Children of Men is one I was looking at for example, admittedly that is one of those DVD combo ones.

I'm gonna get one at the weekend, as I said I can always rent HD-DVD's.

[quote name='speedy1961']Actually they are guaranteeing King Kong at Circuit City and Best Buy.[/quote]

Isn't it actually like 3 free movies? (King Kong+ 2 movies up to a 29.99 price each)

Wow, I am definitely going to pick one up within the week. I wonder though if they are going to lower the price on them soon. I think I would much rather wait if that is the case, especially if they drop it to around 149.99.

[quote name='linkpwns']Isn't it actually like 3 free movies? (King Kong+ 2 movies up to a 29.99 price each)[/quote]

You are correct.

Ok, but with Amazon it may be a gamble.

So subtract the cost of the movies ($90) you are getting an HD-DVD player for $110. Sounds like a good deal to me. This starts Sunday the 9th?

Circuit City tends to have coupons, and best buy usually has a 10% floating around though there don't seem to be any at the moment. Hopefully by next week, $200-15(or 20) = $180 for HD_DVD drive, remote, and 3 HD-dvds. Good deal if you ask me.

I were to buy the player and 2 HD DVDs today, from either BB or CC, do you think they would credit me for the 2 movies if I brought the receipt back Sunday?

[quote name='josuff247']I were to buy the player and 2 HD DVDs today, from either BB or CC, do you think they would credit me for the 2 movies if I brought the receipt back Sunday?[/quote]

I wouldn't recommend it but at least you can buy it again with the same movies and return the new bundle with your old receipt if they refuse.

[quote name='DarkCovers']So subtract the cost of the movies ($90) you are getting an HD-DVD player for $110. Sounds like a good deal to me. This starts Sunday the 9th?[/quote]

The 10th.

[quote name='KueMan10']Wow, I am definitely going to pick one up within the week. I wonder though if they are going to lower the price on them soon. I think I would much rather wait if that is the case, especially if they drop it to around 149.99.[/QUOTE]

Use the $40 off $200 coupon at CC, I think it's still good. I did it a few weeks ago, they were offering 2 free then, too. LOVE it.

Also, the current 20% off sale at DDD will set you up... a lot of HD-DVDs are $16 after the discount currently.

bread's done
Back