Free Helio Heat cellphone @ FYE B&M - No Rebates/Contracts required

Bezerker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (97%)
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FYE is currently doing a promotion where you get a $50 gift card when you buy a Helio phone. The gift card can be used on the pre-tax price of the Helio Heat ($50 - $50 = FREE). Basically all the cashier had to do was scan the phone, enter the promotion code (400000234623), and hit total. Walked out with a free phone to do what i please with. No limit on how many you can 'buy' either. A girl I know who works there said she needed the money (the phones go for $60-100 on ebay w/o contracts), so rather than be a hoarder I let her have the rest. [/FONT]

[quote name='Bezerker'][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FYE is currently doing a promotion where you get a $50 gift card when you buy a Helio phone. The gift card can be used on the pre-tax price of the Helio Heat ($50 - $50 = FREE). Basically all the cashier had to do was scan the phone, enter the promotion code (400000234623), and hit total. Walked out with a free phone to do what i please with. No limit on how many you can 'buy' either. A girl I know who works there said she needed the money (the phones go for $60-100 on ebay w/o contracts), so rather than be a hoarder I let her have the rest. [/FONT][/quote]

Yeah, this is even better if you already have FYE credit, I walked out with 4 FREE phones yesterday!

Wow, I don't know why people are hoarding already, but this sounds awesome. I'm looking for something even better to replace my european SLVR L7. This phone is unlocked right?

[quote name='twen']Wow, I don't know why people are hoarding already, but this sounds awesome. I'm looking for something even better to replace my european SLVR L7. This phone is unlocked right?[/QUOTE]
Nope, this is a CDMA phone. It sounds like you need a gsm phone. This phone will only work for helio, which uses Sprint's network.

[quote name='uli2000']Nope, this is a CDMA phone. It sounds like you need a gsm phone. This phone will only work for helio, which uses Sprint's network.[/QUOTE]

SO if I get this phone, I am using a contract with sprint, right?

Boo the FYE near me is closed already...damn Sunday...

BTW what do I ask when I walk in? Can I get a Helio phone and you give me a $50 gift card? And do I just ask them to use the gift card then and there? Or will they jsut do it for me?

They should have a sign by the phones with the deal information. All you gotta do is ask for the phone and when they enter the promotion code it should be free.

I dont believe refunds would work. The receipt shows as being $0.00 after a promo code, so i dont think they can do a refund.

As for what the phone looks like:

aa17_1.JPG

So do I tell them to use the code 400000234623 or do they already know to use it?

yeah im definatly doing this tommorow but like the above poster i dont know what i should tell the cashier. Do i mention the promo or do i have to tell her the code?

They should all have gotten instructional emails from corporate that they were required to printout and keep by the registers. The stores will have signs behind the register that say "$50 gift card with Helio purchase" (at least the stores here do); so hopefully the employees wont be completely in the dark (though with FYE, i really couldnt put it past them).

i just ran out and bought one. the cashier would not let me use the card right then. I bought it anyways though. there are signs up about the promo. she gave me a gift card. i also did not pay taxes :). iam going to go tomorrow and buy another one for my bro with the gift card. hey, this is the gift that keeps on giving. Thanks TC.

bTW, i would not mention anything until checkout. Just try to see if they will use the promo right then or ask them to at the check out. i think i messed up when i asked her if i could use the card right now.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Don't call it a phone![/quote]

why?

I'm not planning on using this as a phone anyway (I don't use sprint) so can I use the features on the phone like the camera and/or mp3 without having service on it?

Well I might have to try this some time if I get the chance. I like helio phones and I guess I can always ebay it.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Can you purchase more than 1 phone on 1 transaction and get multiple GC's? Or does each one have to be done seperatly?[/quote]

I think thats what most people did so yeah probably.

i just called my local FYE & the girl told me that the phone is reg. $100. (Heat ) but with the code, i would get it for only $50.00. not free, she laughed @ me.

They limited me to two today and was gonna go back to get two more when the shifts change.

Horray it works. Normally all Ny Fyes always reject these type of deals but the cashier let it pass. After realizing i was getting a free phone the cashier limited me to one but i got my dad to come in the store so i got 2 today. If i ebay them ill probobly make $90 after fees so thanks op! Tried going to a differnt fye but i found it to have been cloesed down in the two months since i was last there so thats a bummer but oh well.

[quote name='nikelecious91']I stopped by and there was a sign that required you to open a contract...[/quote]

Yeah the sign at my store said that too just tell the cashier you dont want to activate it yet and she should push it through.

the heat is $50 with the rebate
there's another phone that's $100 they can get it easily confused. It's really something you have to ask about. It lasts unti lthe 25th.
thx OP

It didn't work at the FYE in East Hanover, NJ.

He would not let me buy it without the contract and they do not have the right stuff to sign people up untill next week...that's what the manager said anyway. They had signs everywhere in and outside the store about it. I will try a different store tomorrow.

[quote name='akilshohen']the heat is $50 with the rebate
there's another phone that's $100 they can get it easily confused. It's really something you have to ask about. It lasts unti lthe 25th.
thx OP[/quote]

Thats odd because the heat was free at two stores my dad and I went to (ie it was $50 to begin with, just call your stores to confirm the price). The one in silicon valley (redwood city) ca and in white plains ny both had no problems with doing it for free. Heres what you have to do just tell the cashier you dont want to get the activation and plan and then give her the promo code. It should auto deduct from the price to make it free. Ive gotten 3 phones this way so rock on!

cheers,
Mike

Bad news. I weny back to the same store where i got the my phones yesterday and they said a manager had come in and made sure every employye knew they would have to get in store activation to get the deal. Wether this is a nationwide thing or just my area is beyond me but good luck everyone. At least i still got three free phones (ebay time!), how many did you guys get.

cheers,
Mike

Mmmm delicious hoarders even in this thread. It's a cool deal but you have to use common sense. Why is a store just going to empty out their inventory for free?

[quote name='davo1224']Mmmm delicious hoarders even in this thread. It's a cool deal but you have to use common sense. Why is a store just going to empty out their inventory for free?[/quote]

The same reason that they've taken 10 copies of TMNT and 6 copies of Enchanted Arms the last week...apathy.

I wish I could do anything even remotely beneficial at an FYE but every single one around me is filled with either complete idiots or assholes. Can't gain much ground talking to either.

Both FYEs in Austin wouldn't let you use this deal. Also if you wanted to buy more then one you had to activate them at the store.

[quote name='Spinning Revolver']how nice are these phones compared to, say, the verizon chocolate phones?[/QUOTE]

I've never seen a Chocolate phone, but these do feel cheap compared to my KRZR.

I was able to pick up 4 more today, but this time they required that I purchase one. So I did and kept using the "free" gift card to get the next three.
I think the only reason they let me purchase 4, instead of stopping me at 1, was because the first thing I asked was what was the purchase limit on the Helio Heat phones. I don't think he wanted to sell me more than 1 after he knew what I was going to do, but he sorta got stuck having told me a limit when I first asked.

The recipt has his name on it, so I'm going to call the store later to make sure he's not working and pick up a few more if he isn't.

[quote name='DrNo']I've never seen a Chocolate phone, but these do feel cheap compared to my KRZR.

I was able to pick up 4 more today, but this time they required that I purchase one. So I did and kept using the "free" gift card to get the next three.
I think the only reason they let me purchase 4, instead of stopping me at 1, was because the first thing I asked was what was the purchase limit on the Helio Heat phones. I don't think he wanted to sell me more than 1 after he knew what I was going to do, but he sorta got stuck having told me a limit when I first asked.

The recipt has his name on it, so I'm going to call the store later to make sure he's not working and pick up a few more if he isn't.[/quote]

I think its better than the krzr imho. Its got some great specs to like 150 mb built in memory and its not locked down like on verizon so you can feel free to load up videos and songs on it. Overall its a dang nice phone. I just wish i can find another fye that will take this deal. Im going to another tomorow to try and get some more. Also for those denouncing hoarders f*&% you. Doing this and ebaying them definatly beats sitting for many many hours in the hot sun as a lifegaurd. So what fye takes a small hit. This is nothing compared to all the massive retail and employee theft they already get so chill.

cheers,
Mike

bread's done
Back