Free Home items for Closed Beta Members - TONIGHT ONLY!

morphineseason

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
If you got into the closed beta of Home, you can visit the Mall location to pick up tons of free virtual items, ranging from clothes to furniture items, and even an entirely new personal space, called "Summer House." This deal WILL be dead when the open beta goes live, so grab your freebies while you can.

Here's the original message as it appeared on the Message of the Day:

"If you haven't done so, we encourage you to take advantage of this last day as a Closed Beta tester by heading over to the mall to load up on your free virtual items. We also want to invite you to a huge Open Beta dance party in the Central Plaza, starting at 3:00PM PT (6:00PM ET) on Thursday, December 11th 2008, and going on through the night. Make sure to come out and welcome all the new community members that will be pouring in after the gates open."

Last edited by a moderator:
When you first sign on to the beta - it specifically says that everything that you accumulate goes away once the beta is over - so - might be worth getting, but I think that it will all go away once the open beta or final version comes out.

I haven't checked, but doesn't all the stuff bought ($0.00) end up in you download history, which you can just redownload? I never got a chance to go bowling, was there anything in there worth checking out/buying?

[quote name='pluto6']When you first sign on to the beta - it specifically says that everything that you accumulate goes away once the beta is over - so - might be worth getting, but I think that it will all go away once the open beta or final version comes out.[/QUOTE]

The message of the day doesn't specifically say anything about the items going away. It says:

"If you haven't done so, we encourage you to take advantage of this last day as a Closed Beta tester by heading over to the mall to load up on your free virtual items. We also want to invite you to a huge Open Beta dance party in the Central Plaza, starting at 3:00PM PT (6:00PM ET) on Thursday, December 11th 2008, and going on through the night. Make sure to come out and welcome all the new community members that will be pouring in after the gates open."

Did the people who were annual subscribers to qore ever get invites? I'm thinking no, which makes it ironic with home coming out tomorrow.

Hm, guess I may as well. Anything to put off studying. Plus I haven't logged in since the first day I got the beta invite.

[quote name='bug_nuts']thanks op....
not really a big fan of home.. .but it has alot of potential!

cheers
bug_nuts[/QUOTE]

say what you will, but i had a ton of fun just running around and being a jackass to people. Nothing like sitting down in a fetal position in a group of 10 or so people and start typing lyrics to the Barney song

I found it odd that when you exit your summer house, you end up outside the apartment complex. Home definitely has some ways to go...

It's been downloadable all week to beta members, and yes we get to keep the stuff. Their little gift to us I guess. So, NO, it's not "tonight only" Teonight might just be the last night it's free if home is released tomorrow.

Ya know, CAG has a whole thread devoted toHome under the PS3 boards. Think this is better suited there.

Nothing to special. Couple wardrobe stuff, some nick-nack like extras for furnishing, black sofa/chair, biggest thing is the summer house so you now have 2 places instead of just the harbor apartment.

Free is Free though.

[quote name='shadowkast']It's been downloadable all week to beta members, and yes we get to keep the stuff. Their little gift to us I guess. So, NO, it's not "tonight only" Teonight might just be the last night it's free if home is released tomorrow.

Ya know, CAG has a whole thread devoted toHome under the PS3 boards. Think this is better suited there.[/QUOTE]

Can't please everybody I guess. Re-read the thread title. I was specifically referring to the items being free for tonight only, not that this was the last night the items would be available. Not sure where you got that idea.

And yes, I thought about putting this in the Home thread, but this is a DEAL, so I thought it would be relevant in the deals forum. So far you're the only one that seems to think otherwise.

[quote name='morphineseason']Can't please everybody I guess. Re-read the thread title. I was specifically referring to the items being free for tonight only, not that this was the last night the items would be available. Not sure where you got that idea.

And yes, I thought about putting this in the Home thread, but this is a DEAL, so I thought it would be relevant in the deals forum. So far you're the only one that seems to think otherwise.[/quote]

Yea don't worry about that. Any time there's free game related stuff post it here, even if it's been posted elsewhere. There are a lot of us who only look at this portion of the board and would miss out on opportunities like this. I for one didn't even know Home was in closed beta. I didn't know about the littlebigplanet beta either, the only reason I got into the littlebigplanet beta was because it was posted here.

[quote name='morphineseason']Can't please everybody I guess. Re-read the thread title. I was specifically referring to the items being free for tonight only, not that this was the last night the items would be available. Not sure where you got that idea.

And yes, I thought about putting this in the Home thread, but this is a DEAL, so I thought it would be relevant in the deals forum. So far you're the only one that seems to think otherwise.[/quote]
sorry if I came off as a dick. The items (few as there are) have been free for the past week for betas. As soon as open beta starts tomorrow, the items will cost. So, tonight is not the ONLY night they have been free. Just the last.

my bad, OP

[quote name='SuperJedi']Man, they got some Network problems?[/quote]

Hey, let me know if it's still available when you get in. Thanks

[quote name='the_grimace']say what you will, but i had a ton of fun just running around and being a jackass to people. Nothing like sitting down in a fetal position in a group of 10 or so people and start typing lyrics to the Barney song[/quote]

Sounds like a PSO lobby to me... :/

I can't get in either now. Will this be available until the PSN update later in the day? Assuming the servers are up?

Home is probably down for the update. When it comes back up around 7am EST it will be for the open beta. So it might be dead

[quote name='the_grimace']say what you will, but i had a ton of fun just running around and being a jackass to people. Nothing like sitting down in a fetal position in a group of 10 or so people and start typing lyrics to the Barney song[/QUOTE]

It's times like this that I wish something could kill the Grimace, but as we all know, nothing can.

[quote name='smiggity']Home is probably down for the update. When it comes back up around 7am EST it will be for the open beta. So it might be dead[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure this is the case. I remember reading that the servers would be down at some point today for maintenance (to get ready for the open beta). I just forget the time period.

Thanks, OP. I got in on this last night after leaving my account dormant for months. The only thing that sucks is that my character was deleted. :bomb: I guess that was due to the update to Home that I had to do before I could log in.

[quote name='morphineseason']If you got into the closed beta of Home, you can visit the Mall location to pick up tons of free virtual items, ranging from clothes to furniture items, and even an entirely new personal space, called "Summer House." This deal WILL be dead when the open beta goes live, so grab your freebies while you can.

Here's the original message as it appeared on the Message of the Day:[/QUOTE]

That stuff has actually been available for download since last week.

Guess I should have loaded up the closed beta after all. Oh well, guess it won't be still available by the time I get home from work.

It's down for maintenance before it moves into the open beta phase. Unless I'm mistaken, the items will no longer be free once Home comes back online. (hence the OPs use of the all caps 'TONIGHT ONLY' last night)

Yep, still down so it probably is a dead deal now. Sucks because I used home the other day I just never checked the mall since nothing was ever for sale.

[quote name='UjnHunter']I tried HOME once... and don't feel the urge to EVER try it again... thanks tho! ;)[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. Sony spent so much time/money on Home. In the state I saw it in, it's complete crap. They should have just made an interface on par with Xbox 360.

bread's done
Back