Free JPN PSN Game : Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation

bjaigorgor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
dont know if i'm posting it in the right place but the game is "free". the only thing you need to pay for is DLC if you want to but you can still unlock lots of Mobile Suits, weapons, and upgrade parts just by playing the game. however, there is a catch. battles are only able to participate in 3 battles max and it recharges 1 battle every 2 hours so it will take you 6 hours to recharge to max again. you can participate for more battles without waiting to recharge but you would have to buy them from the JPN PSN store.

here's a video of the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=621rhT72yFo

Info of the Game

http://kotaku.com/5921947/namco-bandais-latest-gundam-game-is-free-not-completely

Setting UP JPN PSN Account (maybe faster if you found a youtube video that teaches you how)

http://gamerlimit.com/2011/01/how-to-make-a-japanese-psn-account/

Navigate JPN PSN Store to Download (near bottom of the page but i will guide it through to make it easier)

http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2012/06/mobile-suit-gundam-battle-operation-for_28.html

1.) go into the JPN PSN store
2.) From the navigation menu on the left, choose the 3rd from the top (3 hiragana letters)
3.) Choose the first icon 1/3 (column 1, row 1)
4.) Choose the second icon 2/10 (column 2, row 1)
5.) Choose the second icon again 2/5 (column 2, row 1)
6.) Scroll down to find the game. Should be the 16th icon. cant be sure cause new games can be added when you see this. can't miss it cause the icon have the words BATTLE OPERATION 16/62 (column 1, row 4)

Game Menu
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/664555-m...nu-translation

Lobby Menu
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/664555-m...ns-translation

MS Stats
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/664555-m...at-translation

Controls
http://www.lucky-aura.com/f11/CONTROLS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And where do you see this info for it being free? Is it just on the PSN store when you log into it on your console, or what? I mean it would help if others knew where to look so they could get it free instead of looking around the net, or wherever aimlessly for a "free" game.

[quote name='aeroforce325']And where do you see this info for it being free? Is it just on the PSN store when you log into it on your console, or what? I mean it would help if others knew where to look so they could get it free instead of looking around the net, or wherever aimlessly for a "free" game.[/QUOTE]

i'll find you sites to set up a JPN PSN id and how to navigate their PSN store. give me a few minutes to find the links

[quote name='SolidSnake86']Wow this looks awesome! Being a huge Gundam fan, I would love to try this out - where do I sign up?[/QUOTE]

look at first post for instructions

You can get up to 99 plays beyond your 1 per two hours. That's the whole point of it being free, each additional play is 100 yen. You do get a free bonus once in a while, but not enough to keep going.

It's not bad, but it is limited. There are only 3 actual maps with a few variant versions, and trying to figure out upgrading is hard. Also, I lagged out of a few games, I think because 95% of the players are in Japan. If you do lag out, it doesn't cost you a credit.

Protip: You can grapple with an enemy if you charge tackle (triangle) right before they hit you with their beam sword or heat hawk (melee attack).

If I create a JPN PSN account will it alter or mess up my North American PSN account? For example, will my future trophies not register? Is it easy to switch between the two?

[quote name='SolidSnake86']If I create a JPN PSN account will it alter or mess up my North American PSN account? For example, will my future trophies not register? Is it easy to switch between the two?[/QUOTE]

it wont mess up the trophies, each account will have their own set of trophies if you load the game on your account. example: if you download and install the game on your system, no trophies are registered for your US and JPN account yet. if you start/play the game on your US account, only your US account will have the trophy list while the list DO NOT appear on the JPN account and vice versa. don't know which one you want to play on but i'm playing on my US account cause i want the trophies. you can get all the trophies without paying for DLC. playing on the US account you can't buy DLC cause it doesn't go through the JPN store. i don't intend to pay for anything for this game anyways so its okay. your preference.

its easy to switch. when you start your system, you will always have to choose which account you want to start in. thats it

Thank you for the great info, bjaigorgor, I really appreciate it! I can't wait to try this game out!!

I'm probably going to do the same as you and play on my US account to get all the trophies!

Thanks again!

[quote name='SolidSnake86']Thank you for the great info, bjaigorgor, I really appreciate it! I can't wait to try this game out!!

I'm probably going to do the same as you and play on my US account to get all the trophies!

Thanks again![/QUOTE]

So it has trophies for sure?

[quote name='hereon']So it has trophies for sure?[/QUOTE]

yup. here's the list.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/mo...ndam-battle-operation-trophy-translation.html

the promotion ones will take time cause deployment regenerates only 1 per 2 hours. you can only store a max of 3 deployment. if you play every 2 hours every day, you can only have max 12 deployments per day. since i don't think you will be in front of your ps3 all day every day, i'll say an average of 7 a day. sometimes you will get reserves which you dont need to wait 2 hours. its confusing but when you play, u will understand. the other 3 trophies are easy. your time win 1 time, ask someone in the game lobby to applaud you, and play 7 days in a row

[quote name='bjaigorgor']yup. here's the list.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/mo...ndam-battle-operation-trophy-translation.html

the promotion ones will take time cause deployment regenerates only 1 per 2 hours. you can only store a max of 3 deployment. if you play every 2 hours every day, you can only have max 12 deployments per day. since i don't think you will be in front of your ps3 all day every day, i'll say an average of 7 a day. sometimes you will get reserves which you dont need to wait 2 hours. its confusing but when you play, u will understand. the other 3 trophies are easy. your time win 1 time, ask someone in the game lobby to applaud you, and play 7 days in a row[/QUOTE]

Many thanks, I probably could have googled it real quick, but all this extra info is much appreciated! :applause:

Hot damn, this game is real fun! Just played it for the first time a little bit ago, & I really liked it; thanks for informing me about it!

The only problem I have is that I don't know about the whole level-up thing...has someone translated any of that stuff yet? I think I could level up or unlock something...Not sure.

On a side-note; does anyone have any suggestions on how I should play? I was last in the scoreboard (not too bad...but still bad) & I want to improve my gameplay. Any tips/tricks? Tactics? I recall around one of the earlier posts in this board that you can grapple someone when they try to hit you with their sword...but nothing else.

[quote name='delsus09']
Hot damn, this game is real fun! Just played it for the first time a little bit ago, & I really liked it; thanks for informing me about it!

The only problem I have is that I don't know about the whole level-up thing...has someone translated any of that stuff yet? I think I could level up or unlock something...Not sure.

On a side-note; does anyone have any suggestions on how I should play? I was last in the scoreboard (not too bad...but still bad) & I want to improve my gameplay. Any tips/tricks? Tactics? I recall around one of the earlier posts in this board that you can grapple someone when they try to hit you with their sword...but nothing else.
[/QUOTE]

check the posts for the game on www.gamefaqs.com or see the USA group on facebook have any info for your.

you get experience by destroying MS or pilots if they are not in their MS, capturing spawn points, and setting up bombs at the enemy base. the first scoreboard you see after a battle is the experience you gained, the second scoreboard is the money you gain, and the last scoreboard is the progress of your development of new weapons, parts, MS. there is a 25% experience boost if u play more than 3 battles per day. from the main main menu on the bottom left you can see two sets of numbers. the XX/99 is reserved deployment points and the X/3 is normal deployment points. normal deployment points regenerate 1 every 2 hours and the reserved ones are given to you randomly after battle. you might get random amounts of money after battle too.

you can only purchase a MS, weapon, part when the development progress is completed. you can check progress of MS and weapon at the Development menu. 2nd option for MS and third option for weapons. i think the 4th one is parts but i can't be sure cause i can't enter it maybe due to i'm using my US account. you can buy your MS and weapons from there when it is completed or at your Garage. Parts can be bought at the Garage and each part takes up specific slots so there is a limit.

strategy wise. i think you should remember what weapons your MS have and use quick switch (tap instead of holding R2). i think machine guns are weak so i switched to bazookas when i got them for the Zakus. bazookas and saber/axe stuns them. so mostly i shot with bazooka as primary weapon, tap R2 twice to change to saber/axe, slash, tap R2 once to change back to bazooka, back off and repeat. slashing with your saber/axe you can change the direction by pressing U, D, L, or R with your L3. D will knock them down while U, L, R will stun them.

when you eject out of your MS, tap L1 once and hold it to lift off. then tape L1 twice with the direction you want to move faster.

that should be enough tips for now

[quote name='bjaigorgor']check the posts for the game on www.gamefaqs.com or see the USA group on facebook have any info for your.

you get experience by destroying MS or pilots if they are not in their MS, capturing spawn points, and setting up bombs at the enemy base. the first scoreboard you see after a battle is the experience you gained, the second scoreboard is the money you gain, and the last scoreboard is the progress of your development of new weapons, parts, MS. there is a 25% experience boost if u play more than 3 battles per day. from the main main menu on the bottom left you can see two sets of numbers. the XX/99 is reserved deployment points and the X/3 is normal deployment points. normal deployment points regenerate 1 every 2 hours and the reserved ones are given to you randomly after battle. you might get random amounts of money after battle too.

you can only purchase a MS, weapon, part when the development progress is completed. you can check progress of MS and weapon at the Development menu. 2nd option for MS and third option for weapons. i think the 4th one is parts but i can't be sure cause i can't enter it maybe due to i'm using my US account. you can buy your MS and weapons from there when it is completed or at your Garage. Parts can be bought at the Garage and each part takes up specific slots so there is a limit.

strategy wise. i think you should remember what weapons your MS have and use quick switch (tap instead of holding R2). i think machine guns are weak so i switched to bazookas when i got them for the Zakus. bazookas and saber/axe stuns them. so mostly i shot with bazooka as primary weapon, tap R2 twice to change to saber/axe, slash, tap R2 once to change back to bazooka, back off and repeat. slashing with your saber/axe you can change the direction by pressing U, D, L, or R with your L3. D will knock them down while U, L, R will stun them.

when you eject out of your MS, tap L1 once and hold it to lift off. then tape L1 twice with the direction you want to move faster.

that should be enough tips for now[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks! I might start playing this regularly, so this info is really helpful!

Finally getting to this so apologize for a redundant post if so but does the posted method still work? Plan on trying it tonight after work. :)

[quote name='jimpower05']Finally getting to this so apologize for a redundant post if so but does the posted method still work? Plan on trying it tonight after work. :)[/QUOTE]

it should but the location of the game might b different for the last part if the JPN PSstore added more stuff. just remember to look for the icon with the words BATTLE OPERATION if u can't find it. i check this site frequently so just send me a PM if u can't find it and i will help u out. i might reply to u late at night though

How to change the Mobile Suits and weapons? I have a few unlocked... but I don't know which one to click to change it. Can someone please tell me? or type in japanese the exact name button to click to change the suit and weapon?

bread's done
Back