"Free" logitech harmony touch remote control at bestbuy in store only

dav2sil

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
bummer---bestbuy told me that they could price match it but i'd be losing out on the gift-card "because its a bundle" 

Man, this video game deal is really easy to understand. I'm glad it doesn't reference jargon at all, or require arcane knowledge of Best Buy's business practices. I can't wait to have fun with this well priced video game.

Went in store. The guy put in the order and said it was $300ish + tax. I said I heard it was cheaper ordering OMS.
He said he was doing it Express Lane but checked the OMS price. Said, he'd just do a price match.

So when he did the price match I got the $179.99 price plus still got the full $200 GC. Awesome sauce! Don't mind paying -9.11 after tax for a sweet remote.

Went in store. The guy put in the order and said it was $300ish + tax. I said I heard it was cheaper ordering OMS.
He said he was doing it Express Lane but checked the OMS price. Said, he'd just do a price match.

So when he did the price match I got the $179.99 price plus still got the full $200 GC. Awesome sauce! Don't mind paying -9.11 after tax for a sweet remote.
I suppose it was pushing it to price match B&H Photo for $119 and get the $200 GC? :whistle2:

But congrats on the deal!

What's even the point? It's a remote people. Every single TV you buy comes with one.
It's a universal remote,

Instead of having to use three different remotes to turn on your TV, Blu-ray player, Surround Sound, you just use one to operate all three.

The extra cost of being super lazy but hey now you only need one set of batteries!

It's a universal remote,

Instead of having to use three different remotes to turn on your TV, Blu-ray player, Surround Sound, you just use one to operate all three.

The extra cost of being super lazy but hey now you only need one set of batteries!
I mean.. the cable box remote is universal too and operates both my TV and every other device. Sooooo...

Might be dead when I went to the store they did the order management system for 180 but no gift card popped up so ... oh well I didn't pay and just told him to cancel the order

Do you have to wink too?
tumblr_mvlce1ZiJ61rvttbno1_500.gif

I mean.. the cable box remote is universal too and operates both my TV and every other device. Sooooo...
The harmonies are in another class from a regular universal. At least with the previous ones you program them through a pc application (not sure if thats changed since mine is more than 10 years old now). You tell it what devices are in your setup and what actions you want to do, i.e. 'watch tv', 'play game', 'watch movie', and associate devices. Then with the push of a button it automatically makes sure everything is turned on, and on the correct inputs for that action

For example, I have a projector and an electric screen. So when I hit watch tv, it automatically drops my screen, turns on the projector, sets input to hdmi, turns on my audio receiver, sets that to the set top box input, and turns on the set top

I would like to replace mine since its so old at this point but Ive heard they havent made a good model since my 10 year old one. The most recent ones are alot more unintuitive and dont work near as well

I would be down for this if it included the Harmony hub so I could control devices from my smart phone or if it worked with RF so it does not have to be LOS.

Might be dead when I went to the store they did the order management system for 180 but no gift card popped up so ... oh well I didn't pay and just told him to cancel the order
same here but went through with the order anyways to be sure. I'll return it when I get it.

I have a few questions for future reference. Is hardware always cheaper ordering like that, of course the caceat being that it is out of stock at your store?

Does oms work on games or collector's editions? If a game was on sale for $40 or something but out of stock can i go to the store and order it through oms?

I have a few questions for future reference. Why would an oms order be cheaper than a regular one? Is it supposed to be a kind of employee discount? Is hardware always cheaper ordering like that?
Majority of the time no, it's just because since this remote was discontinued there was a price drop but for some reason Best Buy decided as a deal of the day off they would jump the price back to old retail of $299 and tack on a nice bonus $200 GC instead of outright pricing it for $99 (based on Walmart, Amazon sellers, and BH Photo all have it in the $120ish ball park range) I'm actually gambling that after the deal of the day is over it might jump back down for the $179.99 listing (which is why I did an order for in-store pick up). If not soon after then next week when Sunday rolls through. It's not a for sure thing though so thus the gamble.

Speaking of which I'm still waiting for the Best Buy ad for next week.

Edit: I'm assuming they went this route due to getting more of your money and having cinch your next purchase with them. People are also more loose with purchasing with GC due to average folks having the mind set that GC is "free money." so win-win for Best Buy.

Majority of the time no, it's just because since this remote was discontinued there was a price drop but for some reason Best Buy decided as a deal of the day off they would jump the price back to old retail of $299 and tack on a nice bonus $200 GC instead of outright pricing it for $99 (based on Walmart, Amazon sellers, and BH Photo all have it in the $120ish ball park range) I'm actually gambling that after the deal of the day is over it might jump back down for the $179.99 listing (which is why I did an order for in-store pick up). If not soon after then next week when Sunday rolls through. It's not a for sure thing though so thus the gamble.

Speaking of which I'm still waiting for the Best Buy ad for next week.
Ok thanks

So I ordered it in-store for $179 - and he said it shows the gift card also, which would' be emailed to me...does that sound right?

Did anyone else get thei gift card emailed - or did you get a physical gift card before leaving the store?

Does oms work on games or collector's editions? If a game was on sale for $40 or something but out of stock can i go to the store and order it through oms?
Yes, you can OMS games. As for the collector's edition it's possible if they have inventory in their warehouse. Majority of the time though if it's sold out online though then typically means their warehouses are cleaned out. It can be a hit or miss sometimes. OMS is for if you go in the store and the item you want is out of stock Customer Service should offer to order it for you via OMS to be shipped to your home or picked up in-store so they can keep your business.

I'm actually surprised so many of you don't know about OMS...or does that mean I shop at Best Buy too much? I'm a frugal shopper too, I only buy stuff there if they have cheaper stuff.

Hmm, I ordered it OMS and the price was 149.99 and the item is on clearance. The girl said I should be getting a card in the mail, but it does not show on the order. Her supervisor had her write on the receipt that I should return to the store to get the card if it did not get mailed.

Odd all way round

ya this deal sounds like too much of a headache lol..especially for a remote that i dont really need ... maybe the ppl who were able to get it technically ordered off the site in store and had them price match their oms system ...that way i think they would show the gift card...rather than directly ordering off of the oms system..hope that makes sense ... but either way i tried using the oms system only and no gift card so i gave up ...not worth more of my time

Mine told me it wasn't packaging the gift card with the deal. She got the manager to help and he said that it wasn't going to show up through the OMS so he could Express it for me but it would be $300 or I could just get it for $180 since that was a better deal. He clearly didn't know it was a $200 gift card, but either way I was like, nah I was just trying to use some gift cards for it, thanks anyways. Anyone who's saying they'd have their gift cards sent to them I'd be wary. Good that someone's store took down a note of it.

You can always order at regular price and PM later on, I am sure a month from now they won't remember this given all the PMs and shenanigans that happen at BBY

I actually think someone higher up changed the system so if it was ringing up for $149.99 via OMS then I don't think you'll be receiving the gift card in the mail automatically. You might get lucky and the store manager might penny out a gift card for you since it was noted you were suppose to get a gift card.

I think too many people abused the OMS orders plus the price matching phone calls raised a loss prevention flag and thus the change in the system. 

Just a deduction, none of this is 100% fact so I suppose it's just a waiting game at this point for you folks. 

LP usually moves fast on daily deal "issues. "It's the stuff that breaks when they roll over to a new weekly ad that gets really abused. Apparently no one minds the store at 1 am on a Sunday :whistle2:0

Thanks OP.  came home to emails saying both shipped.  my wife will be pissed that she will have to learn a new remote. lol

tumblr_o4mcohiNUK1spket1o1_1280.png

Has anyone used or had the Logitech Harmony remotes before?  I have 3 of them, then can be real nice to have. Problem is that its hit or miss which models are good. The ones that aren't good are not worth messing around with at all. Something tells me this model is garbage and that's why its on clearance.  It doesn't sound like its an achievable deal at this point, but if it still was I'd check out AVS forums or do other research on the remote before going after it.

What's even the point? It's a remote people. Every single TV you buy comes with one.
But your TV remote can't control your blu-ray player, sound system, streaming device, etc. Harmony remotes are even more intuitive than a regular universal remote as you can program them to do activities which turn on the devices you need, turn off the devices you don't, and set your buttons to do what you tell them to. They're fully programmable and there's no need to remember codes as the Logitech softeare has every device already programmed in, even monoprice devices. Heck, I even have an older sound system that had a button on the receiver that wasn't on the remote, even though it had importance. But the Harmony remote had the option to program it onto the remote. I'd never go back to a regular remote. I'm in the need for one since my 650 I've had got accidentally broken. It still functions, but the piece in it that detects if it's being moved in order to turn on the screen is broken, so the screen stays on running the batteries down quickly. I'm always having to take the batteries out whenever I'm not using it (something my wife and kids don't seem to remember). I was tempted to try this deal if I thought I'd use a $200 gift card, but it seems it would be impossible to do, now.

But your TV remote can't control your blu-ray player, sound system, streaming device, etc. Harmony remotes are even more intuitive than a regular universal remote as you can program them to do activities which turn on the devices you need, turn off the devices you don't, and set your buttons to do what you tell them to. They're fully programmable and there's no need to remember codes as the Logitech softeare has every device already programmed in, even monoprice devices. Heck, I even have an older sound system that had a button on the receiver that wasn't on the remote, even though it had importance. But the Harmony remote had the option to program it onto the remote. I'd never go back to a regular remote. I'm in the need for one since my 650 I've had got accidentally broken. It still functions, but the piece in it that detects if it's being moved in order to turn on the screen is broken, so the screen stays on running the batteries down quickly. I'm always having to take the batteries out whenever I'm not using it (something my wife and kids don't seem to remember). I was tempted to try this deal if I thought I'd use a $200 gift card, but it seems it would be impossible to do, now.
A family members dog chewed up a TV remote of mine to pieces once when I wasn't home... couldn't imagine having an expensive remote in the presence of that dog, even if it was free after getting a giftcard. I'll manage without.

You guys that dont know about harmony remotes are missing out. I got rid of regular remotes years ago. I have one remote in each room that rules the whole room. AV, xbox, ps. Htpc,appletv,tivo, room fan, television, hue lights, all in one.

This is a fuck ing touch screen remote. What's wrong with you people?

A family members dog chewed up a TV remote of mine to pieces once when I wasn't home... couldn't imagine having an expensive remote in the presence of that dog, even if it was free after getting a giftcard. I'll manage without.
my dog had the same issue . been a month but didn't trust him enough with that pricetag

now i'm sad that i didn't try it . even if best buy didn't price match , discover would have lol

Well, they made good by me - cashed me out a $200 gift card on a separate receipt. I could technically return the remote now - but will probably keep it and try it.

Deal is dead but just wanted to update that I did a plain ole order and finally was able to pick it up and lo and behold it automatically rang up $119 plus tax. Didn't really have to do anything extra for a free remote and got a discounted $200 GC. I love you Best Buy.

I was completely stonewalled, took my invoice in like originally instructed, pointed out it did not come with promised gift card, pointed out note on original receipt but the idea of a free remote just pissed the mgrs off too much. I even got CS and the GM involved and they all refused. Asshats did offer to sell me the remote for 99$

I was completely stonewalled, took my invoice in like originally instructed, pointed out it did not come with promised gift card, pointed out note on original receipt but the idea of a free remote just pissed the mgrs off too much. I even got CS and the GM involved and they all refused. Asshats did offer to sell me the remote for 99$
photo-thumb-4119.png

bread's done
Back