Free map pack voucher w/ used CoD4 (YMMV?)

TechVW

CAGiversary!
Gamestop has map pack vouchers to give out when people purchase the non-game-of-the-year version of Call of Duty 4. I just bought a used copy of CoD4 and they gave me the voucher anyways. This may be YMMV, as I doubt the vouchers are suppost to be given with used games, but make sure you ask for one.

With the 20% off coupon + edge, I got a like-new CoD4 for ~$32 w/ free map pack ($10 value).

[quote name='mkernan']Is the voucher for 360 or PS3? Do you know if a voucher for the opposite platform is available too?[/QUOTE]

PS3, and I think the vouchers are console specific. I don't see why they wouldn't have Xbox vouchers too, unless they ran out of them. Xbox360's GotY edition was released a month earlier.

I'm an ASM at a GameStop. Those codes were actually sent to stores based on the number of copies of the Call of Duty 4's that did NOT have the new maps in them. Since the old version(without maps) and the new version(one with maps) retailed both at $59.99, they sent out those tokens for the old versions. As an example, my store had 2 copies on PS3, and 4 on Xbox 360, so they sent us 6 tokens total. One of my new hires didn't give out a token, so my store ended up having an extra one. I actually just gave it out to someone who pre-ordered a game. This is EXTREMELY YMMV. I guess there is a possibility of someone buying it new(with the token), and then beating single player campaign without using the token, and then trading in both for the next guy.

i was talking with a GS employee about the GOTY version. He said you don't get the map pack if you buy that version (map pack doesn't transfer with the disc). He didn't mention anything about the download token.

Is that map pack download the only difference between GOTY and the original?

bread's done
Back