Free Mass Effect 2 DLC from Dr. Pepper Promo

Warlock82

CAGiversary!
If anyone wants the Dr. Pepper Mass Effect 2 items, I found this topic over at the Bioware forums:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/103/index/919782/1

The codes:
CBEEAAA41NWH
CBEEAAAE4L9N
CBEEAAAFQG9J
CBEEAAAE98ZV

Apparently these are re-usable (anyone can use them in other words), but you can only use one per drpepper.com account. The trick to get around that is you can register 3 different accounts to use 3 codes - just make sure you log into the same EA account when you redeem the item.

To redeem these, go here:
http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/ea/signin/

Create an account and enter the code (I picked "No Purchase" for the three questions it asks, but I don't think this even matters). There should be a "redeem" button that will take you to an EA Account login - make sure you log in using the EA account you have linked to Mass Effect 2.

Then once you're logged in, pick Mass Effect 2 from the game list and pick the item you want. To get the other two items, just create new drpepper.com accounts (e-mail doesn't matter, I don't even think it requires you to click a "confirm registration" link) and sign in to the same EA account when you get to that point.

Here are some pictures of the three items:
full-sentry-interface.png

full-recon-hood.png

full-umbra-visor.png

This may work for the other EA games in the promotion, I have no idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Warlock82
I was able to receive each item, although i was unable to download it yet.
My Xbox 360 decided to stop functioning this pass week ,
Still i have the item's on my Bioware Account .

Thanks OP! This worked great. After creating the first account I just went back in my browser and changed the e-mail address. It also asks you to put in a password every time. Worked like a charm!

Anybody else having trouble registering? I click Submit and get taken to a blank window.

(FireFox 3.5.7. IE = NO.)

[quote name='morrodox']Anybody else having trouble registering? I click Submit and get taken to a blank window.

(FireFox 3.5.7. IE = NO.)[/QUOTE]

I am having a problem registering as well, site must be having issues.

[quote name='morrodox']Anybody else having trouble registering? I click Submit and get taken to a blank window.

This happened to me last weekend when I tried to put in a few cap codes I had bought. I think they have crappy servers and their site breaks from too much traffic or something.

[quote name='Sideswiper'] Don't really care about the items though, I like to see Shepard's face.[/QUOTE]I got the Recon Mask and don't like the way it covers up the face I spent significant time trying to tailor to my satisfaction. It ruins cut scenes by blocking the glances and expressions and when I was wearing it when I encountered someone I'd been romantic with in ME1, I had to watch them kiss me while wearing a mask. Gah!!! As soon as I was done, I ran back to the Normandy - thus forcing an undock and takeoff - go to my quarters to change my loadout, then re-land on the planet and run back to where I was at. Weren't we able to take helmets on or off at will in the equipment menu in ME1? They should at least have the characters unmask for the acting - Quarians excepted, of course.

[quote name='DirkBelig']I got the Recon Mask and don't like the way it covers up the face I spent significant time trying to tailor to my satisfaction. It ruins cut scenes by blocking the glances and expressions and when I was wearing it when I encountered someone I'd been romantic with in ME1, I had to watch them kiss me while wearing a mask. Gah!!! As soon as I was done, I ran back to the Normandy - thus forcing an undock and takeoff - go to my quarters to change my loadout, then re-land on the planet and run back to where I was at. Weren't we able to take helmets on or off at will in the equipment menu in ME1? They should at least have the characters unmask for the acting - Quarians excepted, of course.[/QUOTE]

I agree totally. I did just get the code to work for the Umbra mask, but probably won't wear it.

I ever have the collector's edition armor and the blood dragon armor, which completely cover Shepard's face also, so I don't wear them either.

Got all three helmets! Thanks for the info this was great. BTW it takes about 15 min to do it and you have to have 3 diff e-mails on hand.

[quote name='DirkBelig']I got the Recon Mask and don't like the way it covers up the face I spent significant time trying to tailor to my satisfaction. It ruins cut scenes by blocking the glances and expressions and when I was wearing it when I encountered someone I'd been romantic with in ME1, I had to watch them kiss me while wearing a mask. Gah!!! As soon as I was done, I ran back to the Normandy - thus forcing an undock and takeoff - go to my quarters to change my loadout, then re-land on the planet and run back to where I was at. Weren't we able to take helmets on or off at will in the equipment menu in ME1? They should at least have the characters unmask for the acting - Quarians excepted, of course.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wish there was a 'show helm' option you could click on or off. So that you could still get the benefits of said armor without it completely obstructing your view of the characters.

[quote name='Sideswiper']I agree totally. I did just get the code to work for the Umbra mask, but probably won't wear it.

I ever have the collector's edition armor and the blood dragon armor, which completely cover Shepard's face also, so I don't wear them either.[/QUOTE]

I am hoping they will patch this (so the helmets only show during combat or are toggleable). A lot of people have been complaining about it.

FYI - the Sentry Interface is not too bad. It puts a semi-transparent visor over your eyes, but you can still see the face during conversations.

Same here. Ea site seems better in IE, not firefox.

Firefox seems to work fine for me. I was getting the blank window in Chrome though.

Thanks OP, was able to snag all three...

I don't wear my Inferno Armor much either for this reason. I am wearing a targeting doodad that gives me 10% on headshot damage, but is a slick clear vertical strip over one eye that doesn't obscure everything.

Too bad people complaining probably won't help. If the silence over the broken character import function can't get a comment out of Bioware after a week-and-a-half and a thread with well over 250 posts, I doubt they care about seeing your face. Pity.

had to sign up for a dr pepper account. then i had to sign up for a ea account. then i had to sign up for a bioware social network account. never gave me any codes.

[quote name='Irukandji']had to sign up for a dr pepper account. then i had to sign up for a ea account. then i had to sign up for a bioware social network account. never gave me any codes.[/QUOTE]

in your bioware social account check your profile menu. there is a sub-menu called "Your registered game promotions". There you will find your info.

got all three, but i also got the national's outfit for BFheroes! good thing there were 4 promo codes!

bread's done
Back