Free Mass Effect 2 DLC from Dr. Pepper Promo

Warlock82

CAGiversary!
If anyone wants the Dr. Pepper Mass Effect 2 items, I found this topic over at the Bioware forums:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/103/index/919782/1

The codes:
CBEEAAA41NWH
CBEEAAAE4L9N
CBEEAAAFQG9J
CBEEAAAE98ZV

Apparently these are re-usable (anyone can use them in other words), but you can only use one per drpepper.com account. The trick to get around that is you can register 3 different accounts to use 3 codes - just make sure you log into the same EA account when you redeem the item.

To redeem these, go here:
http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/ea/signin/

Create an account and enter the code (I picked "No Purchase" for the three questions it asks, but I don't think this even matters). There should be a "redeem" button that will take you to an EA Account login - make sure you log in using the EA account you have linked to Mass Effect 2.

Then once you're logged in, pick Mass Effect 2 from the game list and pick the item you want. To get the other two items, just create new drpepper.com accounts (e-mail doesn't matter, I don't even think it requires you to click a "confirm registration" link) and sign in to the same EA account when you get to that point.

Here are some pictures of the three items:
full-sentry-interface.png

full-recon-hood.png

full-umbra-visor.png

This may work for the other EA games in the promotion, I have no idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='megma42']so I need to log into cerberus to finally get the stuff though? Right?

BTW, don't have ME2 yet.[/QUOTE]
this is independent of cerberus.

Cerberus network is its own little cluster of DLC (Zaeed and Crash for now) that is available to purchasers of new game.

Other DLCs (all armors & guns thus far) are their own entities and have their own codes.

I'm sad that the Incisor was only available with the Digital Deluxe Download and as a pre-order bonus code somewhere in europe. (or if you were lucky and caught it that one sunday when MS screwed up.).

These are the "free" 7-11 codes that are placed inside the stores, and can be used by any number of people, but only one of these free codes can be used per Dr. Pepper account.

if you've entered a code, and have a bitch of a time getting your promo item, go to the dr. pepper site, find the "code history" (or Prize history, i forget exactly), and click more info. From there it should give you the option to redeem the promo, even if you think you screwed up.

Not to detract from Warlock's great post, but those having problems, I have a thread in my signature that is related to this and has some FAQs covered

Would like to say thanks again to the OP. Went back and downloaded the other two content items so I have all three.

Anywho, ME2 is brilliant. I am really enjoying the play-through.

Thanks so much for this. Got all 3. Anyone complaining about making extra accounts to get all this should just suck it up and do it. It only took me 5 minutes to do it.

Thanks OP. Got these for myself and told my friends about it as well.

I just wish the Xbox item DLC worked on the PC version. I got in on all the free items from the Xbox marketplace, but I only own the PC version. /whining

I can't get this to show up to save my life. I entered the code got to the screen where it asks me to pick my item. I picked the item and there is a link to the EA site (BioWare Social network) it goes right to my code redemption page and nothing I see all my other redemptions but not the Dr. Pepper one. Any ideas?

Was at 7-11 looking for the God of War 3 cups with the promo codes. There are supposed to be 5 different ones, but all I saw was the paper/cardboard small Slurpee cups. Has anyone seen the real plastic Slurpee cups with codes?

Thanks OP. I was originally torn when I was deciding whether to sell these back when game was first released when they were scarce, because I wanted them but also wanted some easy cash. Now I have them to redeem for myself.

Just dropping by to say thanks OP!
I picked out two out of the three , now all i need is a new copy of the game itself! Heres hoping a deal for it pops up soon!

Unless you actually buy Dr. Pepper on the regular basis, I suggest CAG'ers load up on some dummy accounts for free codes. Apparently these codes can be applied to download content for upcoming games (Battlefield 2/Medal of Honor). Not sure when the freebie codes itself will expire but the prize redemption does not expire until 01/2011 as long as its attached to one of these Dr. Pepper accounts.

Awesome! Thanks a lot. I was gonna go to 7-11 to buy a Dr.Pepper for this, but here it is. Creating 3 accounts to get all 3 isn't that bad; its pretty straight forward. Now to download them.

Thanks for whoever originally posted this because of the codes and info. given I was able to get everything. Again big thanks you all.:bouncy:

Has anyone else had any problems trying to get Dr. Pepper to email you a new password? I forgot mine and every time I try to reset it, I never get the email in my gmail account.

[quote name='jameybaumbusch']Having a hard time getting the Sentry Interface to even show up as an option. I've tried every code. Am I just out of luck?[/QUOTE]

A workaround...

1. Fill out the form, input the code
2. When you get to the "Choose Item" part, right-click on either one and copy the URL. DO NOT click on it, or you'll just have to do it all over again
3. Paste it into the address bar
4. Look for "recon_hood" or "umbra_visor" and replace that with "sentry_interface"
5. Hit enter, enjoy your DLC.

:EDIT: I just tried it myself, it works.

Here's another code for Mass Effect 2 that you can redeem on drpepper.com

Q6YRBAGPD0VF

That's a "zero" near the end.
I think it's a "v" or it could be a "u".

[quote name='nugemiester']Here's another code for Mass Effect 2 that you can redeem on drpepper.com

Q6YRBAGPD0VF

That's a "zero" near the end.
I think it's a "v" or it could be a "u".[/QUOTE]

Thank you

Quote:
2. When you get to the "Choose Item" part, right-click on either one and copy the URL. DO NOT click on it, or you'll just have to do it all over again
4. Look for "recon_hood" or "umbra_visor" and replace that with "sentry_interface"

Thanks!

[quote name='jraypeon']Quote:

Thanks![/QUOTE]

i tried multiple times, and i just cant get it to work... i dont know what im doing wrong, when i do it the first item is already highlighted and it redeems that every time, any idea what i can do?

edit: if i hit enter on my keyboard it just takes me to a white page with a very small icon of the item, if i hit redeem now on the page it redeems the recon hood everytime...

I just got all three DLC but damn was that a lot of work for it. Anyway, thanks for the codes OP and for the workaround, Pajama Man!

Ok i am so lost about the workaround. Are you people using IE for this maybe? I am using firefox and i check page info and the only link in here is something like this below.

claim-goodie.action?goodie=umbra_visor&title=me2&platform=pc-xbox&retailer=33&t=70679122&dpid=9442686&email=

I tried to replace it with sentry and it just goes to an error page. The claim-goodie.action stuff is doing it. I need a url to put before it or something.

Ok you people left out one important piece of info to do this trick. You need to have IE and you click pick this prize for the link not the items above. I hope this helps everyone else having the issue and not getting a answer.

I was about to ask how much longer this is going on, but I just noticed it's going on till December this year. Sweet, no need to rush since I don't have this yet. Tag for later...:cool:

[quote name='Full Metal XL']I was about to ask how much longer this is going on, but I just noticed it's going on till December this year. Sweet, no need to rush since I don't have this yet. Tag for later...:cool:[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing and only did one. Then i just got ME2 and the sentry item is no longer there. There is a workaround but i wonder if they pulled it cause it was limited? I am not sure why they took it off to pick it. I have yet to go on and download the recon and sentry but they look cool.

cool. got the visor thingy. now to see if its there waiting for me to download when I get home...maybe i'll do the other two later

[quote name='Pajama_Man']A workaround...

[/QUOTE]

Wow, that worked. I was getting Sentry Interface every time, finally have all three. Why does it get stuck on one you have and never offer the other? Cookies?

Crap, well I accidentally signed up with an e-mail that wasn't the same as my EA one when I was signing up for BioWare. Now I have all the stuff in que to download, but since it's not associated with my EA account, nothing shows up. So I thought I would re-download everything and sign in to BioWare Social with the same e-mail as my EA account. Sucky thing is, even though I'm on my correct account, sine I've already downloaded the content through my EA account into the wrong BioWare account, I can't re-add the content to the correct e-mail at the Bio Ware Social site.

Me thinks I'm screwed on this on. Any ideas?

bread's done
Back