Free Microsoft Vista Beta 2 for everyone!

s0undwav3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
75 (100%)
http://www.microsoft.com/india/offers/vista/quiz.aspx

Microsoft is offering customers a free beta version of Microsoft Windows Vista, the new version of Windows. The trivia answers are very easy:

1. Vista
2. Clarity
3. November 2006
4. True
5. Aero
6. All the above
7. All the above
8. 512 MB

Be sure to say no for microsoft not to send you junk mail and their partners, after the survey.

I've been plying with Vista for a while not and it's quite nice. Try to get a copy of the office 2007 beta, becaue it's way different. Even I was fumbling around in it when I first started using it. It's got a lot of really good new features though.

[quote name='Riyonuk']Free as in for download or free as in they will ship you a disc?[/quote]

They'll Ship you a disk.

This has been free for awhile, and I didn't have to do any kind of trivia or quiz to get the download and license.

Just go to the main Microsoft page and poke around to find it.

[quote name='n25philly']I've been plying with Vista for a while not and it's quite nice. Try to get a copy of the office 2007 beta, becaue it's way different. Even I was fumbling around in it when I first started using it. It's got a lot of really good new features though.[/quote]

I love the Office 2007 GUI. It's the first real upgrade that end users weill apprecaite in my opinion.

The new version of Exchange Server works some wonders with Outlook 2007 too...

[quote name='WebScud']I love the Office 2007 GUI. It's the first real upgrade that end users weill apprecaite in my opinion.

The new version of Exchange Server works some wonders with Outlook 2007 too...[/quote]

I've been reading a lot of good things about the new exchange, but I haven't had time to play around with longhorn server or the new exchange yet. I do agree with office 2007. It will take some getting used to, but the new layout is a huge improvement, and they added some real goodies to all of the office programs.

Yeah I love the office 2007 upgrade, but I don't think all the features that Vista promised are quite there yet in the beta. Its not optomized enought to play games on any of my systems yet, and currently, no virus scans work.

Also, dual booting it was a pain because it uses a different boot loader. I had to actually start the install from INSIDE XP as opposed to booting from the Vista DVD or it overwrites your MBR.

Strange stuff.

[quote name='jalu6']Yeah I love the office 2007 upgrade, but I don't think all the features that Vista promised are quite there yet in the beta. Its not optomized enought to play games on any of my systems yet, and currently, no virus scans work.

Also, dual booting it was a pain because it uses a different boot loader. I had to actually start the install from INSIDE XP as opposed to booting from the Vista DVD or it overwrites your MBR.

Strange stuff.[/QUOTE]
I am using bootmagic to dual boot and it works fine.

[quote name='chodax']Can you use XP programs on vista?[/QUOTE]

Mostly yes. When I tried it a few months ago though I found about 1/3 of the software I used wouldnt work at all or properly.

And yes Vista Beta 2 has been out for a while. If you have hotmail you prolly have a bunch of emails from them asking you to test it out for free (with no quiz).

[quote name='jalu6']Yeah I love the office 2007 upgrade, but I don't think all the features that Vista promised are quite there yet in the beta. Its not optomized enought to play games on any of my systems yet, and currently, no virus scans work.

Strange stuff.[/quote]

Actually Vista has been feature finished since before this version of the beta. If a feature isn't in there now, it won't be in the final version when it launches. Now if these features are acutally working, well that's a different story.

bread's done
Back