Free month of Ps+ with purchase of select games.

PS + is the biggest videogame scam i have ever seen. Why? because they lie to you and say you get a "Free" game like jurassic park if you sign up. However if you read the fine print it tells you the game or DLC is "Free" ONLY if you are or remain a PS+ member. so basically you could have PS + for 4 years straight and have downloaded alot of "Free" games and "Free" DLC, then you decide to quit PS +. Now all those "Free" games wont work anymore. Your Locked Out of them. Theyre NOT yours to keep. Its more like you BORROW them for the time your a member. After that Sony takes them all from you and tells you to F** off.

I wouldn't call PS Plus that much of a scam, most people already know you need a subscription to keep those games and it's not like they don't tell you, there's plenty of pop-ups to remind you in the store.

I would think buying a console then telling you you have to pay extra to play online is more of a scam to be honest.

[quote name='Flying Frog']PS + is the biggest videogame scam i have ever seen. Why? because they lie to you and say you get a "Free" game like jurassic park if you sign up. However if you read the fine print it tells you the game or DLC is "Free" ONLY if you are or remain a PS+ member. so basically you could have PS + for 4 years straight and have downloaded alot of "Free" games and "Free" DLC, then you decide to quit PS +. Now all those "Free" games wont work anymore. Your Locked Out of them. Theyre NOT yours to keep. Its more like you BORROW them for the time your a member. After that Sony takes them all from you and tells you to F** off.[/QUOTE]

wow you are clueless

[quote name='Flying Frog']PS + is the biggest videogame scam i have ever seen. Why? because they lie to you and say you get a "Free" game like jurassic park if you sign up. However if you read the fine print it tells you the game or DLC is "Free" ONLY if you are or remain a PS+ member. so basically you could have PS + for 4 years straight and have downloaded alot of "Free" games and "Free" DLC, then you decide to quit PS +. Now all those "Free" games wont work anymore. Your Locked Out of them. Theyre NOT yours to keep. Its more like you BORROW them for the time your a member. After that Sony takes them all from you and tells you to F** off.[/QUOTE]

Using Jurassic Park was a bad example. For that promo, if you purchased a year of PS+ you'd get Jurassic Park free.. permanently. You'd keep JP even after your PS+ subscription runs out, it was NOT free for anyone else and not your typical free PS+ game. If you're only using PS+ for the free games, you're doing it wrong anyway.. PS+ is best used for the discounts and the cloud storage features.

Guys, what the fuck. Xbox Live is such a scam. You pay for multiplayer! If I buy a game on the system with multiplayer and let my XBL expire, I'm locked out from playing it! It's like you BORROW them for the time your a member. After that Microsoft takes them all from you and tells you to shaqfu off. /sarcasm.

Seriously, PS+ is pretty damn good for what it is. Stuff like auto-update and cloud saves are really nice. Early access stuff is cool. Discounts on games = permanent purchases. The free games are great because it's a pretty good discovery system, I'm playing games I'd probably never look twice at due to their free-ness. And if you're worried about not being able to go back and play those games: You're on CAG. You've got a giant backlog anyway, you won't have time to go back and play those free games anyway.

[quote name='jigsaw918']Flying Frog is right, it is the biggest scam. it's such bullsh** that u dont get to keep the free game unless u have PS+[/QUOTE]

yeah you both are "right"

discounts that will save you far more than the $50 price you pay for plus

cloud saves

getting games for free that you probably wouldn't have bought in the first place

the "downside" is those free games won't be taking up space on your hard drive once you no longer play them and your plus subscription expires

oh yeah what a scam:roll::roll:

[quote name='jigsaw918']Flying Frog is right, it is the biggest scam. it's such bullsh** that u dont get to keep the free game unless u have PS+[/QUOTE]

This month PS Plus has great offerings. I've been subscribing to PS Plus since November and it has been worth it for me. Sure I'll have to subscribe in the future if I want to keep playing the games, but if PS Plus continues to be as great as it has been I will continue to subscribe to it.

PS Plus has been way more valuable to me(in the few months I've had it) than XBL Gold has ever been.

Hey it could be worse. You could be paying $60 a year just for access to online play.

Wow - so much hate for PS+.

This is CAG. We don't pay full price for anything. At a little lower price (20-40) PS+ is AWESOME. Think about how many games you play again even a few months after you play through them. I'm guessing not many. The games on PS+ are good but generally not the kind of game you will play forever.

Among the best "free" - Stacking, Costume Quest, Tomb Raider Underworld, Far Cry 2, Final Fantasy V, Resident Evil 1-3, Marvel Pinball, lots of Genesis games,

The discounts are sometimes really good too (and you get to keep those games forever). Red Dead Redemption complete for $22? Perfect. $10 for RE4 HD? Awesome.

Among the other benefits - free skins are cool, free avatars are nice, demos can be nice. Minis suck though IMO. Uploading saves and being able to play them on a different PS3 (and not having to worry about lost saves). Automatic updates/patches.

Also, if you have PSP you want to get rid of, you can actually sell it with the PS+ extra content (PS1 and minis). Whoever buys your PSP will get the benefit of being able to play those games at least until expiration. I have 20+ PS1 games and was able to get $20 extra bucks for my PSP (of course I told them about the expiration).

Like other people are saying, you could be paying just to play online and THEN AGAIN for an online pass if you don't buy new.

Most of the time I download the free games from PS+ but I don't always play them. The discounts and automatic update are what I pay for essentially. I have been a plus member for almost a year now and I have not regretted it once. You get to keep the themes and avatars I think too (at least it never pops up that message when I grab them anyway)

Usually people that bitch about plus are either super-duper cheap or just plain ignorant.

Honestly I can't wait to see what kinds of offerings we get for Vita and possibly the video store in the future.

It's not a scam at all, they are upfront about it.

With that being said, I doubt I'll renew. The cloud backup is okay, and the free game selection is decent, but I rarely get around to playing it all.

Discounts can be good sometimes, I've used that before.

I enjoyed my plus but I didn't renew after my one year just because I'm saving to pay off my vita. The good thing I can always go back and play my games. Now with my Live expired, guess what?

Yeah because the alternative to this is paying to play the multiplayer that I paid for on the game disc I bought through xbox live. I can already do that with psn free, and I get free games for my sub. What do you get? You get to pay to play your MP games and they don't give you ANYTHING free for your money.

For the record, I have a 360 too. I don't subscribe to the scam that is Live. If I want to play MP on a game I have then I buy the ps3 version. Plus I wonder, if you buy Gotham City Imposters which is MP only, don't you have to have live to even play the game that you just paid 15 bucks for? THAT my friend, is a scam.

I own both systems and I gladly pay $40 or less per year to play on the 360 online. The dashboard and the community on MS is hands down better than the PS3. If not for some really awesome exclusive I would not even own my PS3. Gold on th3 360 also gives you access to discounted games like PS+ so it is not just online gaming you are paying for with your membership. Plus XBLA is superior to PSN store unless you are a hardcore PS2 and PSone fan. BUT, in the end this is just my opinion and I love games like the rest of you so who cares what we each think as long as we are having fun.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I own both systems and I gladly pay $40 or less per year to play on the 360 online. The dashboard and the community on MS is hands down better than the PS3. If not for some really awesome exclusive I would not even own my PS3. Gold on th3 360 also gives you access to discounted games like PS+ so it is not just online gaming you are paying for with your membership. Plus XBLA is superior to PSN store unless you are a hardcore PS2 and PSone fan. BUT, in the end this is just my opinion and I love games like the rest of you so who cares what we each think as long as we are having fun.[/QUOTE]

I am on a live membership that came with my system and mp on both is the exact same when I've tried it on both. The community on live tends to be more underage kids who just swear and insult people all the time. I don't want to deal with those kinds of people, so imo the community is pretty lacking with live. I also wouldn't say that the xbox store is superior to the psn store. The bottom line is that it doesn't seem to me like you get what you pay for with live, where you do with ps+. As you said though, that is my opinion and I respect yours, just countering with my opinion :)

As long as you think it's a good deal, it doesn't matter whether I don't. At the end of the day, if you are enjoying it then it is worth it to you.

[quote name='dmdragon']Plus I wonder, if you buy Gotham City Imposters which is MP only, don't you have to have live to even play the game that you just paid 15 bucks for? THAT my friend, is a scam.[/QUOTE]

Eh, it's been worse. If you played Final Fantasy XI on 360, you had to pay $60 for the game, then could only play it if you had a (then) $50 Live subscription *and* paid the monthly pay-to-play fee. Don't know what the fee was, because i never played it(had a friend who did, albeit on PC).

Phantasy Star Online for XBOX was similar. $50 for the game, which you couldn't play without a Live subscription(another $50/year)... and then you had to pay Sega $8 a month to access their servers. And MS allowed this after telling gamers that *all* online gaming access would be available via the $50 Live subscription. The worst part about it, i think, was that the game actually had an offline campaign, but you couldn't even play that unless you had a Live account!

I hated Sega for making PSOv2 for Dreamcast pay to play; after putting hundreds of hours into the first one(to this day, it's probably the most fun i've ever had online), i refused to buy into the sequel. When PSO Episodes 1 and 2 came to XBOX, i was so thrilled i'd be able to play PSO online without a monthly fee, if i bought the Live subscription. After learning that wasn't the case, it was years before i bought another XBOX Live sub(not until after 360 came out), or any Sega product.

[quote name='happydogs']I hated Sega for making PSOv2 for Dreamcast pay to play; after putting hundreds of hours into the first one(to this day, it's probably the most fun i've ever had online), i refused to buy into the sequel. When PSO Episodes 1 and 2 came to XBOX, i was so thrilled i'd be able to play PSO online without a monthly fee, if i bought the Live subscription. After learning that wasn't the case, it was years before i bought another XBOX Live sub(not until after 360 came out), or any Sega product.[/QUOTE]
Worth noting that Japan had to pay a monthly fee for ALL of their versions of PSO, including the original. The only reason Sega placed a fee onto Ver. 2 was because they believed it'd lessen the amount of cheaters...only they forgot that Ver. 2 users shared the same server as Ver. 1 and that cheats were bound to happen anyway. Europe didn't even have a fee for Ver. 2 because they got the game around the same time we had gotten Ep. 1 & 2.

Either way, the fees Sega placed on the PSO series were absolutely nothing compared to other series'. Ver. 2 had a $15 trimonthly fee ($5 per month), while Ep. 1 & 2 on both GameCube and Xbox only charged $10 a month. Compare that to other games that go the $15 a month route. Worse with FFXI where you were charged a dollar extra per additional character.

[quote name='cancerman1120']The dashboard and the community on MS is hands down better than the PS3. If not for some really awesome exclusive I would not even own my PS3. Gold on th3 360 also gives you access to discounted games like PS+ so it is not just online gaming you are paying for with your membership. Plus XBLA is superior to PSN store unless you are a hardcore PS2 and PSone fan. BUT, in the end this is just my opinion and I love games like the rest of you so who cares what we each think as long as we are having fun.[/QUOTE]

Maybe 3-4 revisions ago, but the dashboard as it is now is just a clusterfuck of advertisements and an over-simplified UI they shoe-horned in to work with the Kinect.

It has also been my experience that far too many 12-14 year old loud mouths dominate the online experience on XBL, but then PSN isn't exempt from that kind of rabble either. The "online community is bettah" point is always hollow, because it just depends on who you end up playing with. Both have just as many obnoxious dickhats as the other, its just a matter of preference if you prefer sprinkles or frosting on top when you're wading thru all the crap.

But then, on PSN I don't have to pay for the RIGHT to wallow through that garbage. I get it for free.

Oh, AND i can get sweet discounts / game-rentals (essentially) if & when I sub to PSN+.

That $40-60 a month for Cross-game chat, a shitload of car/movie/sports ad's everywhere & ESPN coverage no one wants is starting to sound awesome.

No, seriously.

I can honestly say that I've had a far better experience paying for PS+ than I have Xbox Live. I don't need to pay extra to access the online content of my games, I've gotten FAR more better discounts and free games on PS+ in the 3 months I've had it than I had Xbox Live in the 3 years I had a Gold account.

PSN's community is a little more tolerable due to the fact that not many people have headsets, so you don't often hear the ramblings and swearings of small children that are going unsupervised. But then again, nothing will ever beat Steam's community. :)

I still believe if the 360 hadn't had a full year head start on the PS3 that almost nobody would be willing to try justify the ridiculousness that is Xbox Live. The only reason the community is stronger is that they had so much more time to acquire them. If anybody thinks that the interface on the PS3 is that complicated then you clearly are an idiot. I do not understand people who pay for Live that aren't hardcore Gears or Halo nuts. There really is almost no other reason.

FYI I have had PS+ since almost day 1, but I started with the 3 month to try it out, and even though it says free games will only be free as long as you keep plus I found that any game that functions as a demo with full unlock still ends up working after the subscription expires. I was able to play Stacking, PvZ, Sam and Max, and at least 1 or two more if I remember correctly. Basically those alone paid for the first year and all the discounts add up quick. 50% off stuff tends to be quite common among good games including some day 1 releases. But as always, to each their own. I enjoy all my gaming consoles, and I own them all, but with the next gen coming we'll see who does the better job with backwards compatibility. PS3 has always at least offered the option, but Microsoft seems to think nobody cares. I'm happy to say I buy almost everything on PS3 except the exclusives and occasional horrible port (Orange Box).

[quote name='bg2001']The discounts are sometimes really good too (and you get to keep those games forever). Red Dead Redemption complete for $22? Perfect. $10 for RE4 HD? Awesome.[/QUOTE]
But not everybody wants to "own" a digital version of a game for almost what the physical copy would cost. RDR Complete was $29.99 at it's cheapest point(and I think it even reached $19.99 at one point) for a disc version. Maybe I'm just too old school for my own good, but if I'm paying over $10 for a game, I want a physical copy of it.

If the digital versions of these games were $10 at most I'd say they're a decent bargain, but then you're also taking up gigs of space on your HDD to store them. So if you grab enough of them, you'll need to upgrade your HDD at some point to keep them all.
[quote name='windsmere']Usually people that bitch about plus are either super-duper cheap or just plain ignorant[/QUOTE]
That would be me(super duper cheap, though I can even admit to being ignorant at times:booty:). The games that get discounted for PS+ seem to be either the same ones 90x or shit I'd never give a crap to buy in the first place. Same deal with the free stuff really.

Now if they started offering up FULL games free with PS+ AND internet prices went way the fuck down to where I could get a decent download speed I might consider PS+. But only if it was like 1/3 the price it is right now. Fifty bones a year for discounts on stuff I could care less about or "free" games I played generations ago and have the Sonic's Genesis Collection to play them if I wanna play em ain't a deal to me.
[quote name='bilbobagins3']I enjoy all my gaming consoles, and I own them all, but with the next gen coming we'll see who does the better job with backwards compatibility. PS3 has always at least offered the option, but Microsoft seems to think nobody cares.[/QUOTE]
I predict all three companies are going to either not include BC in their next consoles(mainly so they can offer up 'classics' from this gen for $10-20 or so each:roll:) or if they do it'll be very limited. Even Nintendo quietly phased out their BC with the Gamecube games with the latest revision of the Wii.

bread's done
Back