Free month of Xbox Live Gold

zsciaeount

CAGiversary!
Just received an e-mail from Microsoft. They are offering a link to a code that gives you one free month of Xbox Live Gold. Not sure if this is a widespread deal or limited to select invites, but check your inboxes.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Being a Gold member continuously for the last 8 years means I never see these deals. Thanks for getting my hopes up. :([/QUOTE]

no love from Micro$oft

considering I bought a shitload of those $7.99 3 month codes from BB and am now good for a long time, I doubt I'll get the email.

I got the email. I try to enter the code and get an error of:

An error has occurred during the transaction. Please try again later.

Any ideas what could cause it? Maybe they're just having issues and I'll try later like it says.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Being a Gold member continuously for the last 8 years means I never see these deals. Thanks for getting my hopes up. :([/QUOTE]

Been one since the XBL beta and I got the email...

[quote name='MrMountie']I got one, but keep getting an error when I try to redeem[/QUOTE]

[quote name='spree4567']I got the email. I try to enter the code and get an error of:

An error has occurred during the transaction. Please try again later.

Any ideas what could cause it? Maybe they're just having issues and I'll try later like it says.[/QUOTE]

Same thing with mine also.

Just got on my account on xbox.com and checked the box on contact preferences that said

"I'd like to receive information and offers about music, video, and games from Xbox, Zune and related entertainment products via e-mail."

Hopefully that makes a difference and I start getting these codes now too.

edit:Well tried to anyway for some reason the website won't save the change right now

[quote name='roymustang']considering I bought a shitload of those $7.99 3 month codes from BB and am now good for a long time, I doubt I'll get the email.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't even get one. :(

Not so sure. I've been Gold ever since the launch of XBL and they sent it to me. I don't know what their criteria are, though. I do participate in all of the dashboard betas, and I buy a lot of XBLA titles, so maybe that's the criteria. Maybe it has something to do with the Live Rewards programs. I dunno.

Been gold for 2 years and received email with code and code works. I am signed up for Xbox Live rewards and receive emails pretty regularly anyway.

[quote name='goodnight144']Just got on my account on xbox.com and checked the box on contact preferences that said

"I'd like to receive information and offers about music, video, and games from Xbox, Zune and related entertainment products via e-mail."

Hopefully that makes a difference and I start getting these codes now too.

edit:Well tried to anyway for some reason the website won't save the change right now[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can't get it to save either.

Got the email...Been gold for 3 years and my current sub still has a few more months left on it. Could this have anything to do with participating in the latest dash beta?

[quote name='crookshow']Got the email...Been gold for 3 years and my current sub still has a few more months left on it. Could this have anything to do with participating in the latest dash beta?[/QUOTE]
I was in the beta and didn't get one

got an email with code to each of the members in the gold family pack, all the codes errored out. Figured it was because of gold family pack status.

Got one, pushing the renewal out to 7/24/2013. And I signed on for two years at 29.99 each awhile back so this just keeps pushing it out. Thanks OP!

Considering my account got Fifa12 hacked, they should give me a year. Didnt even send me a month.

i didnt get a code sent to me :( my xbox live gold ran out last week too. if anybodys code errored out you can send it to me through pm. maybe it will work for a non gold member? :)

Thanks OP, I got the email last night and discarded it, lmao... Just went back to actually read it and saw it had a code in it.

Hmm. I got one, but it keeps giving me an error when I try to redeem it. I also tried to redeem it from my Xbox, it recognized the code as a 1 month gold card, but said it wasn't valid when I tried to submit it... :\

I got one on my gold account of three years; expires in May of 2012 (now June).

Didn't get one on the year-old silver guest account.

So I decided to check and I had an email with the title:

"Here is your gift from Xbox LIVE‏"

Thanks for being an Xbox LIVE member. You've earned a free gift for purchasing your Xbox LIVE subscription. Just follow the instructions below, and you can download it immediately.*
spacer.gif
Your free gift is:800 Points

Probably becuase I recently renewed for a year of gold. Not the same thing TC was talking about, but another heads up for everyone.

I got the email and also have a $1 offer for 1 month of gold on the dashboard. Do I have to redeem the offers in a particular order to get both or will I get both months either way?

I would do the $1 for 1 month first. It's typically only available to silver members (it shows up when my GF signs in, but not when I do)

[quote name='AugustAPC']Hmm. I got one, but it keeps giving me an error when I try to redeem it. I also tried to redeem it from my Xbox, it recognized the code as a 1 month gold card, but said it wasn't valid when I tried to submit it... :\[/QUOTE]

Yup, same here. Gold member with expiration date of May 2012 and it recognized the 1 month gold card but said the code was not valid.

Not sure what to do other than wait and try again later.

bread's done
Back