FREE Mortal Kombat Quick Reference Card Reprints (not the guide)

ragingst0rm6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
94 (100%)
If you didn't know already, the Mortal Kombat Strategy Guide was very different from the MvC3 guide (read: the MK guide is crappy and full of errors).

Prima WILL NOT BE REPRINTING THE GUIDE, unfortunately, but as an apology Prima is offering free Quick Reference Character Card reprints that will include the correct moves, Fatalities and Babalities for dissatisfied customers (see their blog post).

EDIT 10/27/11: Prima revamped their blog site, so the official blog post about the replacement program no longer exists. You can still follow their old instructions for getting the replacement cards, but there is no guarantee that Prima will follow through (although one CAG member has reported successfully getting the replacement cards in mid-October 2011.

EDIT 11/13/11: Turn-around time from request to delivery (to CA) took about 2 weeks.

The release/ship date for these replacement cards IS CURRENTLY May 12.

INSTRUCTIONS
You can request a copy of the replacement Mortal Kombat Quick Reference Cards by emailing [email protected] with your name, address, and e-mail.
EDIT 10/27/11: It's probably a good idea to mention Replacement Mortal Kombat Quick Reference Cards somewhere in the subject heading and in the body of the email. I DO NOT know if Prima will reply back to confirm your replacement card request. Shipping time will probably be at least 2-3 weeks.
For the least amount of stress, do NOT expect Prima to contact you back (actually, don't expect them to send the cards at all. If they do send you the replacement cards, it can be like a pleasant surprise gift. If you don't receive the cards in a month or so, try again or give up). UPDATE: Delivery (to CA) took about 2 weeks from email request (there was no communication from Prima). It is entirely possible that they are willing to honor requests until they run out of their current stock, so again be prepared for YMMV.

EDIT: Please don't go requesting thousands of free reprints. This is CAG, not SlickDeals.

EDIT #2: Just received an email with a shipping date of May 12.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rebelmusic']Anyone can get these? I wonder if I should.[/QUOTE]

In one of the blog comments, Prima states that they will not place the "burden of proof" on customers; this means that technically, anyone can submit their contact info.

But there IS a reason why I decided to post this here instead of on SlickDeals (aside from the fact that I don't have a SlickDeals account). Getting thousands of requests from SlickDealers would suck, even for Prima.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']In one of the blog comments, Prima states that they will not place the "burden of proof" on customers; this means that technically, anyone can submit their contact info.

But there IS a reason why I decided to post this here instead of on SlickDeals (aside from the fact that I don't have a SlickDeals account). Getting thousands of requests from SlickDealers would suck, even for Prima.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's not like you could sell these for money, could you? All this information would be freely available, it'd just be convenient to have them and they probably look nice.

In for one I guess. I have a soft spot for guides but I never seem to read them while I'm playing the game...

[quote name='rebelmusic']Well, it's not like you could sell these for money, could you? All this information would be freely available, it'd just be convenient to have them and they probably look nice.[/QUOTE]

Lol, there probably will be suckers willing to buy these on eBay. I just DO NOT want to encourage the SlickDeal mindset of "buy a SH*TLOAD for resell purposes and screw other people".

Damn, I bought the guide from Amazon. I never noticed the errors because I haven't opened it yet. I wonder if I should just return it or get the cards. =/

[quote name='skiizim']Damn, I bought the guide from Amazon. I never noticed the errors because I haven't opened it yet. I wonder if I should just return it or get the cards. =/[/QUOTE]

I recommend you return it.

My friend had a Brady Games MK3 guide.. It was AWFUL. We knew the moves by heart cause we were 10 or so and didn't have anything else to do with our lives at the time, but there was errors all through that damn thing.

Definitely did it to screw it to Guide creators

Personal Story:
Bought the Pokemon SoulSilver guide

WAS PISSED!!! when it only covers the Johto region, and the old Kanto region was going to be in another book

NOT only is it stupid to have 2 different "colors" of Pokemon games

you want two different guides covering the same game?

BS!

this is for you! guide creators! get to printing my cards

END OF RANT.

This rant was brought to you buy Cheap Ass Gamer. Please visit CheapAssGamer.com for all your gaming goodness.

I emailed them. It could be useful once PSN is back up and I can finally play MK online with friends.

Will send after I get off of work. I hate when the guides can not be correct. I ended up taking an MK guide back once as a kid because most of it was wrong.

Something tells me this isn't going to be as simple as just email me your address and we'll send them to you. I'm sure eventually they are going to start requiring copies of receipts or something. I almost bought the guide glad I didn't now.

I bought the Kollector's from BN for $10 + $4 shipping as a preorder and planned on leaving it sealed. This is a double-edged sword in that the value will probably not be anything down the line but I get to use the cards from the guide free and keep my Kollector's edition sealed.

Thanks op!!

There is an iphone app that is 99 cents that has all the correct moves. I use that now. I bought the guide thinking it would be cool to have the reference cards only to find out some of the info is wrong. Sucks.

Wonder if best buy will accept a return. The guide was sealed but I could always say someone opened it since many of the guides are.

Helping the commmunity...

...heres an image of the email

primaas.jpg

These are of surprisingly good quality given that they are free. Prima games must know they screwed up big time on this. I barely buy guides as it is but if i had purchased this one and it was as full of errors as everyone reports I'd never buy a guide from them again. Its crazy cause the MvC guide is amazing (although made by Bradygames)

Did anyone get the cards who did not get a shipping confirmation email? I put in my request in April and did not receive any cards yet or a confirmation email.

I got the email. They said shipping date is May 24th. I bought the book on day one and feel that they should have gave me a entire new book.

[quote name='samone']I got the email. They said shipping date is May 24th. I bought the book on day one and feel that they should have gave me a entire new book.[/QUOTE]

I got that same email around two days ago.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Did anyone get the cards who did not get a shipping confirmation email? I put in my request in April and did not receive any cards yet or a confirmation email.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Same here. Would anyone mind posting a picture of a few of them?[/QUOTE]

want to buy one? id sell it dirt cheap

I think I'm going to drill a hole in the upper left corner and put a ring on it. The cards are super slippery and it would be easier to flip through.

bread's done
Back