Free Movie Tickets

moviewizguy

CAGiversary!
Does anyone know if there are ways to get free movie tickets to Harry Potter 5 and Transformers? It could be anything, like buying a game, buying a DVD, or buying groceries (like Randalls; they have deals like these). It might be too early for free tickets for Harry Potter 5 so if anyone has any info., I would be please if you post it here.

I remember seeing Transformers movie cash or something at Best Buy. I think it was $5 for the purchase of select movies. I read the fine print and it wasn't clear if it was money for tickets or just concessions. Wait another week or two for Harry Potter screenings/giveaways.

[quote name='Megalith']No offense, but people can't even spend $5 for a movie?[/quote]

I'd like to know where you go.

I think it's up to $10.50 now up here, but I don't remember. I stopped going to movies at night years ago and hardly go during the day (which it is still $8.25.

[quote name='phreak5k']I remember seeing Transformers movie cash or something at Best Buy. I think it was $5 for the purchase of select movies. I read the fine print and it wasn't clear if it was money for tickets or just concessions. Wait another week or two for Harry Potter screenings/giveaways.[/QUOTE]

transformers was for food.

[quote name='Megalith']No offense, but people can't even spend $5 for a movie?[/quote]

You realize you are in a website called cheapassgamers... right?

and $5? were do you live its $7 here if you get "local" discount and of course popcorn/soda or anything is extra. for 2 hours or less of "entertainment"? thats too expensive. I'd rather not watch movies, for a few bucks more I can get the DVD in just a few months and watch it as many times as I want.

Well, the cost of a movie depends on why you are going. If it is purely to "know" the story then just wait and rent it. If you have a kick@$$ home theater, then renting is cool. BUT, if you have a ghetto small tv like I do, and you want to really see the whole movie w/ good sound, the theatre is the best solution.

As far as these movie ticket things, watch out though and make sure a theatre near you participates. I recently got movie cash to see Oceans 13, and the theatres here wouldn't take it, even though it literly said on the movie cash "See Oceans 13 anywhere" hahaha. So I had to spend my $12 on the ticket (Yes, $12 here).

No offense,but you must either live in a backwater town no one has ever heard of or a city with a terrible economy (or could jus be under-estimating the actual price of your local theatre) because $5 to see a newly released movie (even as a matinee price) is unheard of in todays market.In New York City its $8 before 5pm and $11 after at the movie theatre I go to.

+ 90% of the movies today are not worth the cash to even go see them.

theres been what maybe 5 tops so far this year that was worth 10 bucks to see out of 100s

[quote name='bigdaddy']I'd like to know where you go.[/quote]

Kerasotes $5 club. Buy a ticket to a movie that's $5 and go see the movie you want to see. It's dishonest but it's more than half of on movies here so I do it every time.

I go to Lowes Theater in New Brunswick, NJ.

Anything in the morning is $5. Even on Independence Day, for Transformers, it was $5 for my 10 AM show.

I usually end up paying $6 though because of the additional fee from online ticketing.

My theater is also $5.00, and it's brand new (just opened up a month ago) and is quite fantastic. But it is only $5.00 on Thurs, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday before 12:00.

I can't believe I was paying nearly $7.00 for this ghetto theater before it opened, the screen was terrible looking and I think some of the speakers were busted. :lol:

I pay around 4 for a matinee and 6.25 for the evening showing at my local Cinemark.

Being the complete cheapass that I am, I want to save that 2 bucks and 25 cents.

Sometimes it pays to be in a backwater town.

And I think spending 50 bucks for a game to get a free ticket is dumb. Now spending 20 or less on a re-release on a movie and get a ticket (Ocean's 11/12 combo pack, FF) is good.

I really couldn't see myself paying 10+ for a ticket. I usually like to see 2 shows when I go to the movies (just incase I misssed the premiere of a flick last week) Or head to the dollar theater that plays movies that are months old and watch for the whole day.

Vons in my town is doing a promotion when you buy 10 selected dairy items you receive 2 Surf's Up movie cash tickets but the tickets are good for any movie including no pass/no coupon shows.

The theater closest to me is $7.75
Last night I went to see Evan Almighty and I thought we were gonna have to force them to take our cash. They didnt' even take our stub :(

I'd rather have seen TF but the friends are going out of town so I gave in.

I have a sweet theater near me that has all the new movies that was just redone that is $3 at night and $2 during the day. Its in Canton, Michigan called Goodrich Canton Cinema 6. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

[quote name='Wil Is America']I have a sweet theater near me that has all the new movies that was just redone that is $3 at night and $2 during the day. Its in Canton, Michigan called Goodrich Canton Cinema 6. Pretty good deal if you ask me.[/quote]

Any theatre this cheap is either A. Second Run B. Pays absolutely no rent, or C. Won't be in business long. The film exhibitors aren't to blame for high ticket prices, they don't make a dime off of them. All the blame there lies on the film distrubtors who demand a high percentage of the films grosses.

bread's done
Back