Free online pass for Mortal Kombat (Gamestop)

Mizley

CAGiversary!
Dont know if this is just my store or not but I recently picked up MK used for the ps3 at gamestop and on the receipt it printed an online code. I asked the cashier if that is a limited thing and he said no they are giving away the code. Not sure if this goes for the 360 version or any other game but found it kinda cool.

EDIT: Found the receipt. Hopefully people can stop doubting and start enjoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']Are you sure it's not for the costume that they were giving out?[/QUOTE]

It should be.

It defeats the point if retailers like gamestop can just send you he online code. They're to prevent used marketed and enforce paying full retail =\.

Also not really sure how this is a contest or freebie as you need to buy A for B and MK was cheap enough to buy full retail many times.

its definitely for the online pass the receipt even says so. The reaosn I put it in here is because even though you still have to buy the game you get the pass for free.

the mortal kombat people said they would give the online pass away free untill the playstation store comes back up.

[quote name='Limet']the mortal kombat people said they would give the online pass away free untill the playstation store comes back up.[/QUOTE]

I dont know where you read that... but I recall reading this

Warner Bros. has temporarily suspended the need for Kombat Passes in the PS3 version of Mortal Kombat. The Kombat Pass, which came free with new copies of the game, allows players to enjoy online matches and community features over at TheMortalKombat.com. With the Playstation store being down, users have not been able to activate their Kombat Pass and thus unable to experience Mortal Kombat’s online components.

[quote name='Mizley']its definitely for the online pass the receipt even says so. The reaosn I put it in here is because even though you still have to buy the game you get the pass for free.[/QUOTE]
Really weird. Guess a picture of the receipt is not possible? :bouncy:

Because Gamestop receipts started including a note with the message explaining the problems of PSN, but the printed codes weren't online passes just retro-Scorpions, as Gamestop doesn't have the UPC bar to scan/create online passes.

Not saying that you'e lying or anything, but if it's really an online pass; WB is not aware of that. And someone might be getting in trouble. :cold:

All new copies include an online pass, so it's technically free anyway. .. some used copies might have one that was never used inside. But that's why they sell online passes for $10; for people that buy it used and don't have a pass.

I will see if my wife threw the receipt out or not when I get home from work. My phone doesnt have the best camera but I will try to get a clear pic of it saying online pass.

Dont know why anyone would make this up though.

dammit....i just got a press copy of MK (xbox360) from warner. it comes without a code. so i thought i could get a code now :S
would even trade for dragon age 2 exiled prince dlc...

[quote name='Drizzt87']dammit....i just got a press copy of MK (xbox360) from warner. it comes without a code. so i thought i could get a code now :S
would even trade for dragon age 2 exiled prince dlc...[/QUOTE]

find a used copy at gamestop and purchase it and get the code on the receipt. Return it within 7 days

Also I uploaded a pic incase anyone wanted proof.

Is not about you lying or something...It is just really weird. Since Gamestop has no way to do it, which is why each respective console-store is selling the passes for $10/800 Points.

If you already redeemed the code and it was indeed an online pass, then that's even more weird..WB wasn't aware of it. Let's see if or how they respond to it (like stopping the passes altogether). :cold:

But congratulations I guess. :bouncy:

bread's done
Back