Free Online Passes (Xbox)

According to the XBLDB site, the following EA online passes are free to download:

Mass Effect 2 - Cerberus Network
Skate 3 -Skate Share Pack
Battlefield Bad Co. 2 - Bad Company 2 VIP
Dragon Age Origins - The Stone Prisoner
Kingdom of Almalur - Reckoning Online Pass
Alice: Madness Returns - American McGee's Alice
Dragon Age 2 - The Black Emporium
Shift 2 Unleashed - Online Pass
Bulletstorm - Online Pass
Medal of Honor - Online Pass

I'll have to see if this is an error or not, but nonethelesss, for the gamers bought these used, enjoy them!!!

If anybody finds another, just insert them on the page.

tallkid edit:
A representative from EA confirmed that the company is phasing out its existing Online Passes and provided Polygon with the following statement which details how the process will proceed.

"As we discontinue Online Pass for our new EA titles, we are also in the process of eliminating it from all our existing EA titles as well," the representative wrote. "We heard the feedback from players and decided to do away with Online Pass altogether.

"Players will see it first with some EA Sports titles, where a prompt to enter an Online Pass code will no longer appear in-game; with other titles we are simply making Online Passes available free of charge online.

"These are rolling updates that are taking effect over the next several weeks. We hope players continue to enjoy our games and online services for a long time to come."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/30/4379728/ea-free-online-pass-dlc

I take back what I said it was only the Mass Effect 2 and Medal of Honor ones that gave me problems. Plus I updated the games with Links!

I managed to get them all from the website except Medal Of Honor. I had to grab that from my XBOX 360. I already had the Cerberus Network. Sweet. Thanks for posting about this. I wonder if this is a glitch or a free offer.

I posted this in the other thread, hopefully someone finds it useful

For anyone curious, I tried to write what each pass actually gives. Some are required to get all achievements, some give you included bonuses.

- Alice (full original Alice - requires disc; includes achievements)
- Kingdom of Amalur (extra quests and arena stuff)
- Dragon Age 1 (Stone Prisoner DLC - extra quests and character; includes achievements)
- Dragon Age 2 (Black Emporium DLC - extra quests and bonus items; includes achievements (I think))
- Shift 2 (probably just online)
- Bulletstorm (just gives you online perks AFAIK, online was always free)
- Bad Company 2 (probably just online, maybe other perks)
- Skate 3 (required for online for achievements, includes "share pack")
- Mass Effect 2 Cerberus Network (extra quests, character (Zaeed), achievements)
- Medal of Honor (probably just online)

It should be noted that Skate 3 already has online features shut down

http://www.trueachievements.com/n12950/two-skate-3-online-features-on-their-way-out.htm

This is interesting. Is this EA way of saying that the 360 days are done with and making way for the One?

Now to find these games used.....especially Alice.

Thanks and Cheers

[quote name='Bossman94']Does anybody know if this is also on the ps3?[/QUOTE]

Sadly, the anwser is no. I just checked the VIP pass for BC2 and The Stone Prisoner addon for Dragon Age and neither of them are free of charge.
I do hope the PS3 also gets this deal. Would love to get the VIP pass for BC2 as I don't plan to spend 10€ on an online pass for a dying game.

I got this from Eurogamer: EA has told Eurogamer it is in the process of eliminating Online Pass from all its existing titles... AWESOME!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Decypher']Sadly, the anwser is no. I just checked the VIP pass for BC2 and The Stone Prisoner addon for Dragon Age and neither of them are free of charge.
I do hope the PS3 also gets this deal. Would love to get the VIP pass for BC2 as I don't plan to spend 10€ on an online pass for a dying game.

I got this from Eurogamer: EA has told Eurogamer it is in the process of eliminating Online Pass from all its existing titles... AWESOME![/QUOTE]

Sweet yeah same here i wanted to get the VIP Pass and Cerberus Pack but $15 is insane but thanks for the info

[quote name='panda911']Does that mean the original Alice is free?[/QUOTE]

It says that you need the game disc/software of the new Alice to play. Guess it can only be launched from in-game menu.

That is the reason I have to find a $5 used copy as the game on the Marketplace is still $20.

Hope this helps

By the way, does anyone know what the Xbox ONE symbol will look like?

Nice find! I have 3 of these games in the backlog so definitely in for them and I have to get DA: Origins again as Stone Prisoner was the one DLC I didn't get. Thought it was too much at 1200 MSP. Thanks for sharing.

Bad Company 2's "online pass" is more like a map pack. It grants access to every map they released (except the Vietnam expansion) which I think was a total of 7 packs. Some of them are brand new maps, some taken from other modes and repurposed and a couple from BC 1.

[quote name='Blaster man']And to think, EA was votes worst company![/QUOTE]
You still blinded get glasses xbox one you can play used unless you pay huge $ fee which might be msrp so no need for passes they got something more evil next gen. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::drool::cold:

[quote name='Darklurkr23']Cool should these work for PS3 then as well? Peopl eneed to check it otu![/QUOTE]

Yeah It'll work, we just gotta wait for the changes to hit PSN. Personally, I can't freaking wait!

I can't believe EA did for real a good move... For sure they will make some other shit thing like that used games can't be played if you don't buy the online license (that is equal to the online pass at the end XD)

It's like we still hate them, but no we'd just shoot them in the head instead of piercing them slowing like Vlad the implaer XD EA did good for once.

O yea but speaking of which, what about Dead Space 2/3?

According to EA, they will soon be available for free for both Xbox and PS3.

"Do I still need an Online Pass to play multiplayer games online?
For new EA titles, Online Pass will no longer be needed or included. Additionally, we are in the process of eliminating Online Pass requirements from existing EA games. This process will take several weeks. For some games, the prompt to enter an Online Pass code will no longer appear; for others, you will still need to download and install an Online Pass, but they will be available free of charge from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace or PlayStation Store."

https://help.ea.com/article/online-pass-has-been-discontinued

[quote name='NFI']Aww man, I was hoping dead space 2 would be in there. Oh well, still a good move[/QUOTE]

So was I.

Well I would equate this to a charming rapist, smooth and inviting, but watch your back door!

Kind of like Xbox Live and developers all of the sudden having these huge "sales" and then a month later you realize why when the Xbox cable box was announced.

[quote name='iKnowledge']Well I would equate this to a charming rapist, smooth and inviting, but watch your back door!

Kind of like Xbox Live and developers all of the sudden having these huge "sales" and then a month later you realize why when the Xbox cable box was announced.[/QUOTE]

Comparing online passes with rapists. Classy.

[quote name='weeman43302']Comparing online passes with rapists. Classy.[/QUOTE]

Actually, if you understood context then you would understand that I was comparing EA to rapists, but hey, who really reads anymore?

[quote name='iKnowledge']Actually, if you understood context then you would understand that I was comparing EA to rapists, but hey, who really reads anymore?[/QUOTE]

Yes because that is any better.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']You still blinded get glasses xbox one you can play used unless you pay huge $ fee which might be msrp so no need for passes they got something more evil next gen. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::drool::cold:[/QUOTE]
It hasn't even been confirmed yet. We have no idea how used games will work on the new Xbox (and PS4).

Why cant I find the download Alice... I own the game Madness Returns but def cant get the american magee's alice anywhere
EA said they would release the passes, but they have not done so yet. I am in the same boat as you. I checked when they first announced it, but I found clarification that the release date hasn't happened yet. They are releasing titles periodically.

bread's done
Back