Free PC Game: DEFCON - Everybody Dies

FFMooglestar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Credit to Pokekil at Slickdeals, this is a straight rip of his post. Also note that you cannot activate this through steam.

Free Game: DEFCON - Everybody Dies
Until the 27th, you can get DEFCON: Everybody Dies for free:
http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/defcon-everybody-dies/
Add to cart and use the following
Voucher Code:
DEFC0-N4GMG-FUTU4

You will then be emailed the gamekey.
Very nice game with multiplayer.

You do not have to use the "required" client. You can download the game from the official website and activate it using the key you get from Greenman Gaming
http://www.introversion.co.uk/defcon/downloads/
Edit: You can also download from this faster mirror as Varaxis stated.
http://games.softpedia.com/progDownload/Defcon-Download-31360.html

The game can also be traded in for a dollar value.
You can then get one of the following games for free.
Darwinia
Jewel Quest Mysteries: Curse of the Emerald Tear
Jewel Quest Solitaire
A.I.M.
CID the Dummy
Streetdance 3D

where do you input the voucher code? I think I effed this up, was taking to a summary page, didn't see anything, then taken to a page where you enter payment info, and now I can't get back to the summary page..

thanks OP, I'll start my day off with a free game :) !

On the Payment window, there's an orange button labeled "Voucher." If you click it, you can paste in the voucher, and hit add, and it should update the page and close the input window. It'll say "Voucher: $5.95" and also show it on the confirmation window.

Oh, I made the same thread in the freebies forum 45 minutes before! Not complaining, just wanted to add an extra tip from my thread - you can activate the game on Steam if you want:

If you have STEAM:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/1520/ (click download Demo)

The demo is the same as the full version and should be ~58.9 MB. You can unlock the full game (no further DL req) by entering the CD-Key that Greenman gives you (in e-mail or greenman account page) in the demo. i.e. you have to boot up the demo and go to Options, Authentication, Paste (have the key ctrl-c beforehand), etc.

[quote name='Reibear']Oh, I made the same thread in the freebies forum 45 minutes before! Not complaining, just wanted to add an extra tip from my thread - you can activate the game on Steam if you want:

If you have STEAM:

The demo is the same as the full version and should be ~58.9 MB. You can unlock the full game (no further DL req) by entering the CD-Key that Greenman gives you (in e-mail or greenman account page) in the demo. i.e. you have to boot up the demo and go to Options, Authentication, Paste (have the key ctrl-c beforehand), etc.[/QUOTE]

Even better. I'll have to try that once I get home.

[quote name='Reibear']Oh, I made the same thread in the freebies forum 45 minutes before! Not complaining, just wanted to add an extra tip from my thread - you can activate the game on Steam if you want:

If you have STEAM:

The demo is the same as the full version and should be ~58.9 MB. You can unlock the full game (no further DL req) by entering the CD-Key that Greenman gives you (in e-mail or greenman account page) in the demo. i.e. you have to boot up the demo and go to Options, Authentication, Paste (have the key ctrl-c beforehand), etc.[/QUOTE]
I'm wondering if the DEMO in the Games List will be removed? I authenticated and it's still there.

If you like it, please consider buying one or more of their other games.

Introversion has been very candid about how they've been on the verge of having to shut down a couple of times, and Steam holiday sales are the only thing that allowed them to continue for another year.

[quote name='Vegan']If you like it, please consider buying one or more of their other games.

Introversion has been very candid about how they've been on the verge of having to shut down a couple of times, and Steam holiday sales are the only thing that allowed them to continue for another year.[/QUOTE]

I saw that on the Steam page. I like two of their games, and I'd be interested in buying more, but I'm a little disappointed that they ask you to download a special client. The product codes do not work on Steam, either; I like achievements and play time statistics.

By the way, neither the code nor the authentication code you receive are valid on Steam. I went into my registry, found the serial number for Darwinia, and tried to redeem that on Steam. That also didn't work. And even if you edit your registry to make the apps for either game appear in your Steam list, neither are activated. You still only get the "Purchase" option. =\

You can activate the demo on Steam, trade the game in, and get something else, like Darwinia, making this a two-for-one sort of thing.

Great deal, but as a previous poster said, perhaps it's also good to give Introversion some money. Steam has the game by itself for $5, or with the Indie Mix Pack for $5, including:
Defcon, Darwinia, Cogs, Eufloria, and Plain Sight.

If you are OCD and want it on steam, and not have it be a Demo, and want to give them some money, perhaps $5 isn't too much?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/1520/

After activating the game through the demo in Steam it still says the game is a demo, and then the actual game appears right above it and it suggest for me to purchase it, as if I had never bought it...what gives?

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']After activating the game through the demo in Steam it still says the game is a demo, and then the actual game appears right above it and it suggest for me to purchase it, as if I had never bought it...what gives?[/QUOTE]

Uh, you should probably read the thread.

Thanks had never heard of the site before this deal.
it always good to have 1 more store to look on for a cheap game.

[quote name='Vegan']If you like it, please consider buying one or more of their other games.

Introversion has been very candid about how they've been on the verge of having to shut down a couple of times, and Steam holiday sales are the only thing that allowed them to continue for another year.[/QUOTE]

I had not been aware of this but i already have a boxed copy of [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Darwinia[/FONT] and this game anyway this will just save me looking for the disc.

A.I.M. isn't $0.99, am I missing something for the trade-in aspect thingy?

EDIT: Also, are any of the games you can get via trade-in of Defcon also have activation keys so you dont need their client? I tried with Darwinia and it didn't have one, only client download link.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting an error every time I try to add it to my cart that my account isn't validated and to check my email.. but I just did that and activated it ok and everything said it was set. Anyone else having issues?

Edit: nevermind, it started working, got the key. Thanks OP!

If you have STEAM:

it cant be activated on steam

steam keys are different

When this was posted, I noticed a timer that had about 15 minutes remaining as I was buying it. I'm guessing that was the time left before the deal ended.

Great game that I bought years ago, however under VISTA, the game makes me input the CD key every time I try to play it.

had to try a few times, but finally got it to work. I already had it from big lots for $3, but picked up a copy for a friend. Good fun game.

I got this game the other day with the voucher with no problem, but I'm trying to get it to work for my brother at the moment. We've tried making a few different accounts just so he can get a dang key for the game, but no matter what we just keep getting "You have already used this voucher code" every time. =\

It seems like this voucher must be dead now.

Seriously?... All I'm still getting from it is "You have already used this voucher code", even though it never even went through. I guess I'm going to have to try to make another account yet again just so I can get the game for my brother and hope it works this time..

*edit*
Haha, of course it still doesn't work for me.. Made another new account and even on the first time of using the code it still gives me the "you already used this" crap. Ugh.. It worked perfectly fine when I made my account on there. =\

Could someone maybe use one of their secondary e-mails or a 10minutemail thing to make a new account on the greenman site and message me a key they get for the game? I would really appreciate that. It's getting to the point where it's pissing me off not being able to get the voucher to work.. I just want to play this with my brother. =\

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to be one voucher per IP address. I used one at my parents, and had to SSH back to my home to use one for my son (otherwise I kept getting the voucher-used message).

bread's done
Back