Free pilot episode of NBC show Community on PSN

AoA

Ace of Aces
SD and HD versions available for free download on PSN

I didn't see this posted in the last weeks' worth of posts and my search field isn't working.

Enjoy if you want.

I'm willing to give it a few episodes, but I really hate Chevy Chase. However, Joel McHale is hilarious so we shall see.

Can someone tell me if this started last week? I didn't think all the shows started to this week, then my sister tells me I missed premieres of The Office and Community, I was pissed! Oh well, Tivo'd the crap out of shows this week. Will have to check this out on PSN (it'll be my first video download on there!)

[quote name='token2k6']Can someone tell me if this started last week? I didn't think all the shows started to this week, then my sister tells me I missed premieres of The Office and Community, I was pissed! Oh well, Tivo'd the crap out of shows this week. Will have to check this out on PSN (it'll be my first video download on there!)[/QUOTE]

Yes, started last week. Catch up on Hulu.

[quote name='token2k6']Can someone tell me if this started last week? I didn't think all the shows started to this week, then my sister tells me I missed premieres of The Office and Community, I was pissed! Oh well, Tivo'd the crap out of shows this week. Will have to check this out on PSN (it'll be my first video download on there!)[/QUOTE]
Yes, it did start last week. It came on right after The Office.

Yeah download the Parks and Recreation episode for free instead of Community. I watched the opening episode of Community twice and it just seems so uninspired. At the end of the episode you realize that every episode is gonna be about him balancing his lying and his desire to get the girl. It pisses me off that this show is on but My Name is Earl is gone.

Yeah, I had high hopes for Community. About halfway through the first episode I was more interested in getting back to browsing CAG then I was the show. :whistle2:?

I had terribly low expectations for Community but I actually thought it was alright. Will watch the rest of the season for sure.

During the first five minutes, I thought that it may live up to the fantastic (yet, short-lived) Undeclared... but it quickly degraded into sadness.

Also I don't think the show will have as much of a punch with the disses on Community College that they would have had 2-3 years ago. I'm in my second year at a community college and enrollment is huge compared to just last year. Tons of people who have lost their jobs have elected to just go back to school and either get a degree or get a more productive one. The show will be a long diss about the people with hardships in their past getting back into school which I can't see being hilarious.

I watched the series premiere after "The Office" , it was pretty funny and Joel Mchale and Chevy Chase have great comedic timing. I may be biased though as I`m an avid watcher of "The Soup" and know Joel Mchale is awesome.

The premiere episode of "Parks and Recreation" was pretty weak, though the show did get funny about 3 episode in

[quote name='thenadz']The premiere episode of "Parks and Recreation" was pretty weak, though the show did get funny about 3 episode in[/QUOTE]

Any show that begins their season with a spoken-word version of "Parent's Just Don't Understand" is fucking brilliant.

It was alright. I'll watch next weeks episode to figure out if its a good show or not.

For free, its worth a download. Thanks for the head up!

[quote name='Treythalomew']Yeah download the Parks and Recreation episode for free instead of Community. I watched the opening episode of Community twice and it just seems so uninspired. At the end of the episode you realize that every episode is gonna be about him balancing his lying and his desire to get the girl. It pisses me off that this show is on but My Name is Earl is gone.[/QUOTE]

People actually liked My Name Is Earl?

[quote name='The SPism']any word on this being free for xbl too?[/QUOTE]

Not sure - I'm not seeing it up in the Marketplace at all right now. The first episode of Parks and Recreation, though, is free.

[quote name='Treythalomew']At the end of the episode you realize that every episode is gonna be about him balancing his lying and his desire to get the girl.[/QUOTE]

Yes, every episode will be exactly like the pilot. :roll:

I liked the first episode. Joel McHale is hilarious, and it looks like they've got a good cast to work with. I'm not quite sure how they're going to fill out an entire season - right now, the only thing the characters have in common is that one Spanish class - but I'm willing to give the show a shot and see where it goes. It's definitely got the pieces it needs to succeed, but who knows if it will?

For anyone who's already written it off, just remember: when NBC gives sitcoms time to grow, we've gotten Seinfeld, Cheers, and The Office in the past.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']People actually liked My Name Is Earl?[/QUOTE]

It's one of those shows that began with a good premise, but got lost somewhere along the way. I'm more surprised that there are people that liked Earl, but don't like Community - the shows feel similar.

[quote name='shadowkast']all about free tv downloads ... what was the anime that was free, missed out on that one[/QUOTE]

It was Gunslinger Girl, Season 2, Episode one.

I really enjoy these free downloads, but haven't found a place to consistently find out whats available and when for free. How do people find out about these?

I just occasionally see something mentioned on one of several forums that I visit.

Thanks for any help.

[quote name='Fodder']It was Gunslinger Girl, Season 2, Episode one.

I really enjoy these free downloads, but haven't found a place to consistently find out whats available and when for free. How do people find out about these?

I just occasionally see something mentioned on one of several forums that I visit.

Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

Forums, sites like Kotaku and Joystiq, or the 360's Dashboard, usually. Lately, when something's been free it's free across most platforms, so if I see something for free on the iTunes front page it's usually free for the consoles as well.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']People actually liked My Name Is Earl?[/QUOTE]

I liked it a lot the first season. when it was fresh and original. then the joke, "the list", got old. However, there were still a lot of laugh out loud moments throughout the seasons. I was originally in for the hot Jamie Pressly, but her white trash act wasn't too sexy except for some episodes.

[quote name='Fodder']

[/QUOTE]

This one was actually listed on the front page of the video section with a red free banner on it. I just stumbled on it. There seems to be a FREE folder in the video section of the PSN. I never noticed it until today and it seems to be mostly TV trailers but I'll be checking it more often now.

This show was pretty good, but it had some of the awkwardness that most pilots have. Except for dramas which set the big hook in the pilot to bring people back (Lost & Jericho, etc) most shows show their weaknesses in the pilot as everyone gets comfortable getting their timing with eachother, etc. I have to agree the funny McHale is irritating and most everyone is a little typecast, but I think like The Office which had a horrible pilot the pieces are there for a good show. Glad I stuck with The Office.

And Earl was a great show with a GREAT pilot. Then people said the list thing got old so the show goes away from the list and then everyone complains that the show went away from the list. Earl did drop off in its hilarity, but it shouldn't have been cancelled. I blame FOX too as they said they'd pick it up if NBC cancelled it like ABC did with Scrubs, but they didn't follow through.

[quote name='jdawgg76']This show was pretty good, but it had some of the awkwardness that most pilots have. Except for dramas which set the big hook in the pilot to bring people back (Lost & Jericho, etc) most shows show their weaknesses in the pilot as everyone gets comfortable getting their timing with eachother, etc. I have to agree the funny McHale is irritating and most everyone is a little typecast, but I think like The Office which had a horrible pilot the pieces are there for a good show. Glad I stuck with The Office.

And Earl was a great show with a GREAT pilot. Then people said the list thing got old so the show goes away from the list and then everyone complains that the show went away from the list. Earl did drop off in its hilarity, but it shouldn't have been cancelled. I blame FOX too as they said they'd pick it up if NBC cancelled it like ABC did with Scrubs, but they didn't follow through.[/QUOTE]

I do agree on the typecasting, but the pilot had 22 minutes to introduce eight characters. Give it a few episodes to work on that. :)

As for Earl...getting away from the list is one thing. Dumping Earl in prison for half a season is something else entirely.

Earl hit the same problem a lot of formula-based shows do: you have to keep the series from getting monotonous, but if you move too far away from that you risk destroying what made the show work in the first place. Their solution to the problem - the prison storyline - was probably not the best choice.

Cancellation isn't Fox's fault, either; they talked to multiple networks like ABC and TBS (who I think they got pretty far into negotiations with), and it didn't fit in anywhere. That said, the show got four seasons anyway, which is more than a lot of shows ever get to. :)

Guess I'll have to download it to watch it on my TV, I just tried to stream it through Hulu on my PS3 and I get some "platform not supported" nonsense.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I do agree on the typecasting, but the pilot had 22 minutes to introduce eight characters. Give it a few episodes to work on that. :)

As for Earl...getting away from the list is one thing. Dumping Earl in prison for half a season is something else entirely.

Earl hit the same problem a lot of formula-based shows do: you have to keep the series from getting monotonous, but if you move too far away from that you risk destroying what made the show work in the first place. Their solution to the problem - the prison storyline - was probably not the best choice.

Cancellation isn't Fox's fault, either; they talked to multiple networks like ABC and TBS (who I think they got pretty far into negotiations with), and it didn't fit in anywhere. That said, the show got four seasons anyway, which is more than a lot of shows ever get to. :)[/QUOTE]Oops, left out the part where I was gonna say that I'm sure the characters would get fleshed out more as the season goes on. I think this show has promise as long as Chevy can carry his load. For the most part he hasn't been funny since around Funny Farm. He's had some good cameos recently though.

I must be the only one who still really liked Earl and who didn't hate the prison storyline. I thought it ran a litle too long, but there were a lot of really good moments.

Cancellation isn't FOX's fault, but saying they would snatch it up and then passing on it is. I didn't hear about ABC and I know that TBS said they didn't have the budget to do it right.

[quote name='jp0213']I'm willing to give it a few episodes, but I really hate Chevy Chase. However, Joel McHale is hilarious so we shall see.[/QUOTE]
Funny, I'll be watching only because it has Chevy Chase & oddly enough I find Joel McHale annoying unless he's reporting something funny, which is only 10% of the time on whatever that show he's on. Thanks OP.

I dont know what you guys are smokin. Show rocks. Its funny. Never been a huge fan of McHale, but hes doing a good job in this new show. :applause:

Yep, the episode of Community isn't free anymore.

Parks and Recreation is still free, and also noticed the first episode of Mercy is free.

[quote name='willk2244']Yep, the episode of Community isn't free anymore.

Parks and Recreation is still free, and also noticed the first episode of Mercy is free.[/QUOTE]

didnt know about mercy.... thanks dude

bread's done
Back