Free PSP w/new T-Mobile Phone purchase & 2-year contract @ Wolf Camera B&M!!!

Bartex

CAGiversary!
WolfCamera one of the biggest chains of photography stores in the US, has recently announced a promo that they are currently offering to throw in a free PSP if you purchase a T-Mobile phone from their selection. This is a in-store offer and it ends August 26! more info

Figured this was some sort of pyramid scam when I clicked itf(with flames included).

[quote name='assasin4hire']depends on the phone and how long u got left on ure contract.For the cancelation cost of course[/quote]
You basically pay what's left on your contract. So this wouldn't be smart to sign up for a two year contract w/ a $70 bill every month, then cancel the next month after signing up.

I picked mine up yesterday. I'm already a T-Mobile customer, so all I had to do is extend my contract by two years, and walk out with a free PSP (and a free phone).

Standard answers:

Best racer:
Burnout Legends, Ridge Racer, Wipeout Pure (Based on taste)

Platformer:
Daxter

Shooter:
SOCOM: FTB

Music:
DJ Max P

RPG:
Monster Hunter Freedom

Also, be sure to get a screen protector, a nice Memstick duo (Avoid fake ones, see the PSP forum for the thread) and treat it nice.

Battery life is killed mostly by wireless and disc accesses. GTA will kill it fast, about 3-4 hours at most because of that. Otherwise the battery life is usually about 6-8

[quote name='shrike4242']Damn people need to make a more descriptive title than just "Free PSP!!!!" :roll:

Should be a little more descriptive now.[/quote]
yep.
still....at least it was more descriptive than some of the titles I have been seeing lately (ie. "Help", "Is this a good deal", "Quick Question". it can't be this hard to come up with a proper title.)

I think this is a warm deal.
A free PSP is indeed cool but 2 years is kind of long for a commitment (at least for a phone).

[quote name='M3wThr33']Standard answers:

Best racer:

Platformer:
Daxter

Shooter:

Music:
DJ Max P

RPG:
Monster Hunter Freedom

Also, be sure to get a screen protector, a nice Memstick duo (Avoid fake ones, see the PSP forum for the thread) and treat it nice.

Battery life is killed mostly by wireless and disc accesses. GTA will kill it fast, about 3-4 hours at most because of that. Otherwise the battery life is usually about 6-8[/quote]

What's a good screen protector? Don't have a PSp yet, but want one and intend a future purchase to be of one.

I bought the 2-Pack of Pelican ones and that seems to be fine.

I have protectors on my Treo, iPod, both DS screens and my PSP. It's SO much easier to rip it off and put on a new one that get a new glass screen.

Personally, I'd say go on Amazon. Some company sells ones that reduce glare. I'd really like to try that one.

Traditionally there's two kinds of screens. Touch screen devices usually can be replaced every 1-3 months while ones that don't get touched are more solid and can almost be considered semi-permanent. So don't try comparing DS protectors to PSP ones because it's not the same material.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Standard answers:

Best racer:

Platformer:
Daxter

Shooter:

Music:
DJ Max P

RPG:
Monster Hunter Freedom
[/QUOTE]

aw no, heck no, Standard games:

Shooter: SIPHON FILLTERRRRR FTW
Rpg: VP: lenneth
music: Lumines
action, fighting, platformer, etc: Power Stone collection own these genres, with megaman as a close second.
best screen protector: hori.

[quote name='omegaweapon7']aw no, heck no, Standard games:

Shooter: SIPHON FILLTERRRRR FTW
Rpg: VP: lenneth
music: Lumines
action, fighting, platformer, etc: Power Stone collection own these genres, with megaman as a close second.
best screen protector: hori.[/quote]

Agreed...well i havent played many shooters for it so i cant answer that.
Street fighter alpha and tekken are good fighters if you order the D-pad replacement.
Get a logitech case and a hori screen protector if you can find it.

[quote name='Gaiden']Hmm... If T-Mobile didn't suck like a Hoover on steroids in California, I'd be all over that deal.[/quote]

Yeah i know how it feels........STUPID California *double fist shaking*

Damit, just extended my contract at tmobile a couple weeks ago so I could pick up the sidekick 3, but maybe I will just get another 2 years, seems like I will never leave tmobile haha.

Hmm tempting indeed, was going to renew my contract for a new phone soon any ways... But if you have to choose from the phones featured in the ad then it does suck a bit, those aren't exactly the greastest cells out there.

Doesn't Wolfs have more some decent selections?! For those that are picky about phones, T-Mob will have a couple pretty sweet new phones out in a couple weeks...hmm on the fence on this deal, cooler phone or PSP w/ so-so phone....decisions decisions.

That's funny...I live in California now and have T-Mobile and have had virtually *no* problems. AND my contract was up this month....my personal issue is that I was thinking of dropping having a cell phone altogether!

[quote name='martin8me']Yeah i know how it feels........STUPID California
*double fist shaking*[/QUOTE]

Darn! I just signed up for a new contract and bought a new phone from them at the end of July.

I hate T-Mobile. I had Cingular and my job requires that I visit 3 different offices everyday (we have around 11 offices in this area overall). I had perfect reception using Cingular at every one of those offices, many of which are around 200 miles apart of each other. I don't get any reception in half of the offices with my T-Mobile phone and since my cell phone is basically my work phone, there's no way for my office to contact me.

This offer reeks of desperation on T-Mobile's part.

BTW: 2 years is standard for a phone contract. and the cancellation fee is usually about $150-$250, NOT the cost of your entire contract duration...unless it's a funky T-Mobile thing.

I'm very happy with my new Alltel service, they've got great reception and tailgate on Verizon when needed. T-Mobile doesn't share with anyone (so I've been told).

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']No thanks! $40/month * 24 months = $960!!

That's why I don't have a cell phone.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm with you, though if I was able to extend my current plan with T-Mobile for 2 years I'd be all over it (I only pay $20 a month). Lol, I've been with the same plan before it was T-Mobile. All the way back when it was Ariel (and then Voicestream and finally T-Mobile).

Be sure to check your local coverage area before signing a T-Mobile contract. They have really awful service in large potions of the US.

Tmobile was already a conglomeration of 2 or 3 smaller cell services when it first came out. My sim card still says "voicestream" when I connect. I had crappy service with them earlier but it just turns out they stopped broacasting on my old nokia phone's band (put it this way, if you still have a black and white screen you're assed out). I had to by a new phone (better than any of the ones they offered) and my service has been beautiful.

The couple of trips to cali I've had though showed m roaming like a mother. That they even have service on the west coast is news to me.

usualy deals work with renewal as with new contracts, since eitherway you're locked in for 2 years.

[quote name='M3wThr33']I bought the 2-Pack of Pelican ones and that seems to be fine.

I have protectors on my Treo, iPod, both DS screens and my PSP. It's SO much easier to rip it off and put on a new one that get a new glass screen.

Personally, I'd say go on Amazon. Some company sells ones that reduce glare. I'd really like to try that one.

Traditionally there's two kinds of screens. Touch screen devices usually can be replaced every 1-3 months while ones that don't get touched are more solid and can almost be considered semi-permanent. So don't try comparing DS protectors to PSP ones because it's not the same material.[/quote]

I will never buy a Pelican product, and in particular their screen protectors. It may be just my own opinion, but I feel that Pelican products are some of the lowest of the low in terms of having a "name brand" associated to them and that they are cheaply constructed. Their screen protectors use glue or some shit like that, or at least that's how it is on the DS.

[quote name='toneroni']Agreed...well i havent played many shooters for it so i cant answer that.
Street fighter alpha and tekken are good fighters if you order the D-pad replacement.
Get a logitech case and a hori screen protector if you can find it.[/quote]

I already have a Logitech case the g/f bought me since she knows I want a PSP (hmm...). She bought me the $19.99 one as she couldn't tell the difference between it and the $29.99 one at Target which to me they seem basically the same.

And what is this D-Pad replacement you speak of? Probably the first game I plan on getting for the PSP (after Valkyrie Profile) is Tekken for sure.

And who still sells Hori screen protectors? I can't find a single one at any store I go to from Gamecrazy to EB to Fry's. Can't find them online either. and this counts for both the DS and PSP.

Syphon Filter: DM is an action game, not an shooter.
I'm just saying get SOCOM instead of Infected.
And Lumines is a puzzle game. Just because it has music doesn't make it a music game. Rez is still a shooter.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I already have a Logitech case the g/f bought me since she knows I want a PSP (hmm...). She bought me the $19.99 one as she couldn't tell the difference between it and the $29.99 one at Target which to me they seem basically the same.

And what is this D-Pad replacement you speak of? Probably the first game I plan on getting for the PSP (after Valkyrie Profile) is Tekken for sure.

And who still sells Hori screen protectors? I can't find a single one at any store I go to from Gamecrazy to EB to Fry's. Can't find them online either. and this counts for both the DS and PSP.[/quote]

U shouldve went to a FYE to buy ure case...They sell most cases at 9.99. Pelican,dicks(*giggle*),and some army type case.

[quote name='assasin4hire']U shouldve went to a FYE to buy ure case...They sell most cases at 9.99. Pelican,dicks(*giggle*),and some army type case.[/quote]

I did not buy my case. It was a gift.

[quote name='RatATatTatt']:whistle2:( So this deal's no good at Ritz camera? There's no Wolfs in my state.[/QUOTE]

This deal is good at Ritz camera. Just go to there site and search for the weekly ad.

I tried to get this but they said the PSP deal was only for new customers and I'm already with them. Maybe I'll call a different place tomorrow but it seemed like they were sold out of most of their phones.

Damn, I'm with Verizon, which is under my parents name because I don't have good enough credit on my own at the moment. If I did. I'd seriously think about it, but as of now I'd probably need to cough up at least 300 for a security deposit...fuckers...

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']No thanks! $40/month * 24 months = $960!!

That's why I don't have a cell phone.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, you're dumb. Land line + caller ID + voice mail + bullshit taxes + a few LD calls a month = at least $30 and probably close to $45. No, you don't have to sign a contract for your landline, but then again, most people only have one company to chose from for their land line.

I tried to extend my contract with T-Mobile yesterday, it was a no go. The lady at Wolf camera said it was possible, but when she tried to do it at the computer she couldn't. One of the other employees tried to help her, but then said that it was only for new contracts.

They only had two phones left, and it seemed like it was their last PSP also.

Went to a different Wolf Camera yesterday, and the guy at first said that I couldn't get it even with a new number, since I was already a t-mobile customer.

Then he logged into the computer and looked up my account, saw that I could extend my contract and was able to do it. I did ask him if he could do this, he called another employee and she said it was ok.

So, I have my PSP!!

bread's done
Back