Free PStwo Replacement AC Adaptor

marcopolo

CAGiversary!
Similar to the Xbox AC adaptor recall, Sony is having a recall for the AC adaptor for the slimline PS2 (PStwo). Check www.ps2ac.com to see if you are qualify for a free replacement adaptor.

aww sheit, i qualify - though i don't think ill be following their recommendations below:

Orders will be delivered within 2 - 4 weeks estimated (not including shipping and handling time) from the time of order submission.

Please unplug and discontinue use of your PlayStation 2 AC Adaptor until your replacement AC Adaptor arrives.

Thanks for the link. People who checked their US system on the first one should hit the us link...while I wasn't affected, I had a lot more of the criteria. (Model numbers are different from here and europe)

I got my slim PS2 yesterday after my old PS2 brokedown last week. Now, my slim PS2 has a problem with the AC adaptor. Thanks a lot Sony.

They also want you to send the old defective one back too, I don't want to though, I hope they don't charge me or anything when I don't, although they probably will.

[quote name='doomlv20']They also want you to send the old defective one back too, I don't want to though, I hope they don't charge me or anything when I don't, although they probably will.[/QUOTE]

they can't charge you, don't worry about it.

Even though my manufacturer's date is 08/2004, The site says I do not need a replacement. Very strange since I got my slim PS2 around launch time...Skeptical about this...

I qualified for one. So for a month and a half I am not suppose to play PS2. I'll risk it. Also this is a recall shouldn't they get the new adapters out as quickly as possible.

This actually wasn't Sony's fault. It was the manufacturer. They have several different manufacturers and it was only one that fucked up. Their name is Hipro Electronics. I have a slim PS2 that was made around the time of the recall, but mine is made by a different company. So I don't need a replacement.

Excellent, I'm not affected and I "can continue to enjoy the endless entertainment the PlayStation 2 has to offer."

Ok - i just got a replacement FOR the replacement.

Let's break that down -
1. I Qualified for the replacement
2. I received said replacement.
3. Sent back the bad one 2 days ago
4. Received another package today.
5. Insert that says "You have been indentified as a consumer that has received a replacement adaptor which may be subject to a recall. DO NOT USE THE FIRST REPLACEMENT"

What's up with this shit

To be honest, those first replacements we got appeared to be used. I'm glad they sent out replacements for the replacements which are brand new.

Well, I haven't received a replacement replacement...but if everyone else is getting them, maybe I'll get one soon too...

I got my replacement replacement yesterday. This is amusing.

Now they want me to go find a UPS store again. fuck you Sony. Come get your freaking replacement, I ain't driving back to the store for ya.

[quote name='bmulligan']I got my replacement replacement yesterday. This is amusing.

Now they want me to go find a UPS store again. fuck you Sony. Come get your freaking replacement, I ain't driving back to the store for ya.[/QUOTE]

me too. wasted my time and gas for recall and recall.

I sent the first one back becuase I leave my ps2 plugged in all the time. If I ended up using it and it set my house on fire, I wouldn't be entitled to sue Sony for damages. And, possibly, my insurance company could deny a claim based upon the fact that I knew the adaptor was defective, but used it anyway.

bread's done
Back