Free R-9 figurine w/ purchase of R-Type Command

eshbums

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
We'll keep this one short and sweet, folks! Purchase R-Type Command at select retailers and receive a free R-9 figurine (while supplies last)!

Constructed from durable, high-quality plastic and boasting incredible levels of detail, this collector's item can be assembled in a variety of different configurations as seen in R-Type Command.

The R-9 collectible figurine is available at participating retailers in very limited quantities courtesy of IREM - don't miss your chance to own the definitive ship from the legendary R-Type series!

R-9 Figurine:

http://www.atlus.com/r-type/images.html

Visit some of the participating retailers below:

Amazon

EB Canada

GameCrazy

GameStop

Looks cool, don't know about the game though. Although, I have loved playing R-Type in the past and playing it turn-based seems interesting (like Military Madness or Advance Wars). I might bight on this one.

Sorry if this arent a "deal" but I thought people needs to know this is coming...
Just got email from Atlus regarding a pre-order bonus for PSP R-Type Command, at amazon, GC, and EB/GS.

ref=amb_link_6771282_1

just got this email as well. you beat me to the post, lol.

figure looks cool. guna have to wait on this tho, been spending waay too much money lately :(

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oooh that's nice. Don't have a PSP but I'm tempted to pre-order and sell the game.[/quote]

just return, it alot of places don't ring up the pre-order, if they don't ring it up, your good to go.

You could argue that you got the game as a gift and they gave you the receipt. I don't think they'll give you a hard time about it.

Why are people so aganist support the developer, espically a company like Atlus? Just buy the game if you want the bonus.

Ah, finally Irem's "R-Type Tactics" is coming to the US. The game was released back in September and Japanese fans actually gave it 4 and 5 stars out of 5. The game is different from previous R-Type games as this one is more about tactical strategy, gameplay is not like the previous R-Type games.

Personally, I would like to pick it up if the price is good but then more than likely, it will lead to my compulsive behavior of trying to find the PS2 releases of R-type, since I haven't played the game since the original Playstation release.

Here is a better look at the Gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysl4ZdR5rZk&feature=related

The graphics are nice though!

I'll wait for the REVIEW. If is GOOD Game i'll buy it & support ATLUS if bad game i'll buy the game & get the Toy then return the game keep the limited TOY :)

This game is unfortunately about $10 too expensive. Having played the import version, there's nothing about it that would justify a $40 price tag. I suspect it will see a price drop to $20 within a few months.

Thinking of ordering it from Amazon but don't want to get screwed out of the figurine since they have a history of forgetting the bonus when shipping the game out (Crisis Core UMD came to mind, and it's more of a lucky draw rather than of a first-come first-serve deal).

So, where are you guys/gals preordering this from? ;)

[quote name='kndy']Ah, finally Irem's "R-Type Tactics" is coming to the US. The game was released back in September and Japanese fans actually gave it 4 and 5 stars out of 5. The game is different from previous R-Type games as this one is more about tactical strategy, gameplay is not like the previous R-Type games.

Personally, I would like to pick it up if the price is good but then more than likely, it will lead to my compulsive behavior of trying to find the PS2 releases of R-type, since I haven't played the game since the original Playstation release.

Here is a better look at the Gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysl4ZdR5rZk&feature=related

The graphics are nice though![/quote]

LOL you're so right on the compulsive part... I like R-type in the past, so yeah, i'm gonna get this if it's cheap enough (like $20?).

that model is sweet, I'm tempted but I don't own a PSP... eh.

well i could buy it and return it, really I'd rather pay like $5 and just get the model.... shame I can't.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Holy shit. My PSP can't even play UMD games (drive's broken), but I'm so buying that. I love the R-9, in case it isn't obvious.[/quote]

You, my friend, either have too much money, or are fuck'n retarded.

[quote name='dkim064']You, my friend, either have too much money, or are fuck'n retarded.[/QUOTE]

Whats wrong with supporting publisher? Also keep in mind Atlus portable games beocme hard to find very fast. Just look at Etrain Odyseey or Monster Kingdom.

[quote name='62t']Whats wrong with supporting publisher? Also keep in mind Atlus portable games beocme hard to find very fast. Just look at Etrain Odyseey or Monster Kingdom.[/quote]

I'm all for supporting the publisher. My comment was about buying a game which can't be used in a PSP that won't run UMD.

It wont be the first time people buying games for a system they dont own in case they eventually get the system. I got Ninja Gaide Sigman CE before I got a PS3, and that turned out to a good move as the game became hard to find. R-Type Command with the bonus will likely retains its value.

[quote name='dkim064']I'm all for supporting the publisher. My comment was about buying a game which can't be used in a PSP that won't run UMD.[/quote]

He said he cant play UMD's not that he cant play games. I prefer playing PSP games off of my MS as it saves battery.

I pre-ordered it from Amazon but I'm hoping they don't forget my bonus item like they did my Shinra UMD case for Crisis Core and I pre-ordered that sucker months in advance. If they forget it this time, I'm never pre-ordering from them again.

A friendly reminder that the preorder for this is almost over (ships May 6), and EB / GS no longer has the bonus included with their online orders.

I ended up ordering from Amazon.com, so I hope it goes OK.

Pre-ordered mine at Game Crazy today. The guy wasn't sure if I would get the bonus or not being so close to release. He wasn't even sure they would get the game in on launch day because noone had preordered the game yet. I am hopeful that all of the initial batch will have the bonus since we only just found out about it a couple days ago.

[quote name='twanky']dude i want that figurine![/QUOTE]

You can buy it separately for like $6 from several sellers on Amazon marketplace. You can also buy the other four figures in the set there. This figure has been available for several months now and while I applaud Atlus for doing something nice for pre-order placers, I still think this game is priced $10 too high.

[quote name='bojay1997']You can buy it separately for like $6 from several sellers on Amazon marketplace. You can also buy the other four figures in the set there. This figure has been available for several months now and while I applaud Atlus for doing something nice for pre-order placers, I still think this game is priced $10 too high.[/quote]

Can you provide a link? All I can find is the set of 5 ships from 1 seller.

[quote name='onikage']Can you provide a link? All I can find is the set of 5 ships from 1 seller.[/QUOTE]

I can't find it either.

I did find some more info on this particular figure:

" It came with the first shipment of the Japanese version of the game as well. "

I ripped it from someone's forum post on a random site.

EDIT:

I found this on Playasia.com:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-92-49-en-15-shooting+historica-70-2f9n.html

It's a 5 figure set, but the particular preorder figurine is NOT in there because the bonus figure is black. Here is another picture at NCSX.com of a 6 figure set:

http://www.ncsx.com/2007/121007/shooting_game_historica.htm

Here is the newest 12 figure set:

http://www.ncsx.com/2008/022508/historica_sp.htm

I am not sure if the black one is included or not. I could not tell from the pictures.

EDIT 2:

After exhaustive Googling because I don't want to pay $40 for a game that will inevitably fall into the bargain bin, right now, I cannot obtain the black R9 any other way. The preorder is the only method to obtain the figurine because it's not included in any sets. Just like the Mana Khemia statue, these are leftovers from Japan. The JP R-Type Command PSP preorders were the only way to obtain the figure. So, there is a low possibility of getting this particular figure any other way. Thanks for playing, I'm done here :)

You guys keep talking about how you've gotten jipped from Amazon bonuses: i've never had a problem there EVER. Maybe it's becuase i pay them for 2-day free shipping (which with what i order bites them in the ass anyway :)), but so far they have a perfect record.

[quote name='Kayden']I got the automated message from GS saying my game would be in store Wednesday.[/quote]

I got that too but i mean the figurines. I've been checking all week and they haven't received the figurines -.-;. So i was wondering..if the figurines was an online only deal or something?

I too, orderd from Amazon and no it hasn't shipped yet. It says June 3rd. I love amazon, but this has been an ongoing problem especially with PSP games lately. However, it is never as long as they say I expect it to be in stock today or tomorrow at the latest. That is what happened the last time so I'd just check throughout the day today.

I've also never had a problem with the bonuses.

bread's done
Back