FREE Ratchet and Clank (PS3) Demo when you reserve

Korben

CAGiversary!
Starting today 9.14.07 reserve Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction at Gamestop and receive a free demo containing the first level of the game.

I heard this demo was old and not as good as the demo that's coming in october. I'll just wait. don't wanna buy from GS anyway.

i got mine tonight for free just asked and they gave me one they had about 30 on hand i have yet to pop it in once i do i will give a heads up on it

I hear both the disc they give you and the October PSN demo will be the same thing. Also, none of my local GS have them in yet, tomorrow, supposedly...

[quote name='whitedeath']i got mine tonight for free just asked and they gave me one they had about 30 on hand i have yet to pop it in once i do i will give a heads up on it[/quote]

I read somewhere that the demo is only in 480p which wouldn't make any sense at all but let me know what res it's in. I bet it's 720p at 60fps.

[quote name='Korben']I read somewhere that the demo is only in 480p which wouldn't make any sense at all but let me know what res it's in. I bet it's 720p at 60fps.[/QUOTE]Where are you reading/hearing this shit?

picked it up today in the morning, i can confirm its in 720p. Still looks very nice. I think this is gonna be the killer app for the ps3 till mgs4.

When the actual game comes out im turning up the difficulty, it seems too easy as the the enimies barely touch you.

Wow the full game isn't even going to run at 1080p?

Anyway, you'd have to be a Ratchet & Clank FREAK to pay GameStop 59.99 just so you can play a demo 4 weeks early.

[quote name='freshzen']Wow the full game isn't even going to run at 1080p?

Anyway, you'd have to be a Ratchet & Clank FREAK to pay GameStop 59.99 just so you can play a demo 4 weeks early.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to buy the game to get the demo just put down $5 towards a pre-order of Tools Of Destruction. If you don't like the game you can always move your GS dollars to some other game.

Preordered mine a long time ago.

I'm going to be picking up my copy of the demo in a couple hours.

I just played through the demo...overall, pretty good. Seems to be more of the same R&C action, but that's a good thing. Frame rate seemed to drop during a couple seconds of the opening movie, but that's a minor complaint. You use the Sixaxis motion control to move as you're "freefalling", first time I've used the motion controls and enjoyed having them (yes, I'm talking to you Lair).

What ever happened to playing the demo before you decide to pre-order? Seems ridiculous sometimes how many hoops we have to go through to try out a game they want us to buy.

[quote name='vicious7171']What ever happened to playing the demo before you decide to pre-order? Seems ridiculous sometimes how many hoops we have to go through to try out a game they want us to buy.[/quote]

Yeah, but the days of OPM are long gone.

At least, the XBL Marketplace and PSN still deliver demos.

Also, the $5 can be used on anything in the store if you cancel the preorder

Demo seemed REALLY familiar (nearly identical to every other Ratchet & Clank game)...I'm hoping they add SOMETHING new. You can't keep releasing the same game, can you, Insomniac?

Also, had SERIOUS screen-tearing through the whole demo. Really distracting!

My demo froze when I died, so I didn't retry to finish it.
Nice going, demo and or PS3.

Overall, a pretty average experience, as a n00b to this series.
I'm not sure if this game delivers puzzles , like say Banjo Kazooie or anything. If not, I def don't want it, it was a pretty bland adventure experience with easy combat, but great graphics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_WTows69k0

heres a demo playthrough i foudn

i dont know why you guys are saying its "crappy", i love all these negative comments without any hint of a source.

"hey guys i heard the ratchet and clank demo doesnt detect your controller so you have to play it with a keyboard(no mouse)... yeah so definitely dont get this!"

bread's done
Back