Free redemption codes for "Audiball" (Xbox Live Indie Game)

Link42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Four available, please post if you take one:

CGPJD-J8RRJ-8996M-WTBY4-2K8QT
HB298-38BW4-9PFRX-BQ6G3-BH6X8
KKBWG-4WTJJ-3JYJP-RHQ8V-G7JQY
VP34D-D4DWT-9KRFK-4PKP8-CQKMD

Enjoy!

I'm one of Audiball's designers, so I also welcome your thoughts about the game - always nice to know what players think!

I redeemed the 3rd one down

Kind of struggled at first because I wasn't using a guitar controller, but once I switched, I noticed the game kind of blends some elements from Elite Beat Agents (rhythm timing) and a few flash games that involve shooting musical notes toward a goal - not something you see with Guitar Hero type games out there now.

So how does this work profit-wise for you TC? If X #of people buy it, you get a cut or if enough people download it, M$ will advertise it or what?

EDIT: Oh and the game play makes more sense if you read how to play, I assumed I was suppose to mash the buttons and strum like a madman before the speakers turned gray or something.

[quote name='Link42']I'm one of Audiball's designers, so I also welcome your thoughts about the game - always nice to know what players think![/QUOTE]
OK. I'll check the trial out this weekend and give you some feedback.

Have you sent any codes to any game magazines yet? You only get a limited amount of these tokens, so you have to make them count.

I would recommend a contest, instead of just freely posting codes on forums. I think the best contest would involve people sending in a picture of their high score from the demo (does your score screen show the gamertag?)

This gets people to actually try your game, and will get more conversions.

[quote name='playing mantis']Have you sent any codes to any game magazines yet? You only get a limited amount of these tokens, so you have to make them count.

I would recommend a contest, instead of just freely posting codes on forums. I think the best contest would involve people sending in a picture of their high score from the demo (does your score screen show the gamertag?)

This gets people to actually try your game, and will get more conversions.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, since anyone could come and take a code and never return.

Contests suck, though... better is to post and request a code and have it PMed to you. At least then, you're actively seeking it out and it creates a connection. Contests drag on forever and just generally are not worth the drawn out thread, especially for things like this.

If you have an extra code, I'd be more than happy to try the full game, review it, and let my friends list know about it (if I like it). Feel free to PM me. Thanks Link42!

Happy to see the response here! The game sells for 200 Microsoft Moon Dollars ($2.50). It came out last November at the launch of Community Games, and we sent out a ton of press releases to just about every site you can think of. The only one that really supported us was Destructoid, who gave us a 7/10 in a full review (which we were quite happy with!). Microsoft just gave us the codes this week, and we didn't see a point in trying to get PR and reviews for a game that's nearly a year old. That said...

Today, MTV featured the game in their "Xbox Live Indie Games Showcase:"
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/07/31/audiball-xbox-live-indie-games-showcase/

So maybe the game has longer legs than we thought!

I've received a few PMs from people asking for codes if I get any more. I also noted the idea about the contest, and I think that's a decent idea. I also understand that some people think contests are lame, and it's better left to chance. So here's a compromise:

Download the free trial of Audiball off Xbox Live and play to the third level. The first three people to PM me the name of the third level get a code!

Edit: All gone! Thanks for trying!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Link42']Happy to see the response here! The game sells for 200 Microsoft Moon Dollars ($2.50). It came out last November at the launch of Community Games, and we sent out a ton of press releases to just about every site you can think of. The only one that really supported us was Destructoid, who gave us a 7/10 in a full review (which we were quite happy with!). Microsoft just gave us the codes this week, and we didn't see a point in trying to get PR and reviews for a game that's nearly a year old. That said...

Today, MTV featured the game in their "Xbox Live Indie Games Showcase:"
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/07/31/audiball-xbox-live-indie-games-showcase/

So maybe the game has longer legs than we thought!

I've received a few PMs from people asking for codes if I get any more. I also noted the idea about the contest, and I think that's a decent idea. I also understand that some people think contests are lame, and it's better left to chance. So here's a compromise:

Download the free trial of Audiball off Xbox Live and play to the third level. The first three people to PM me the name of the third level get a code![/QUOTE]

The time ran out when I was in level 2...

-edit-

I got to level 3 on my second play through.

PM'ed.

[quote name='Link42']That's all of them! Congrats to Sdawg, flameofdoom666, and GenDV138.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the code giveaway, Link42!

[quote name='Rhett']Thanks for being awesome, communicative and community-friendly :)[/QUOTE]

Hey, no prob! I owe it to CAG for saving me a ton of money on buying games - er, "research" - over the years.

[quote name='DrumsVocalsKeys']If you have an extra code, I'd be more than happy to try the full game, review it, and let my friends list know about it (if I like it). Feel free to PM me. Thanks Link42![/QUOTE]

That part is funny... "if I Like it" and you even put it in ( ) lmao

[quote name='WormFOODx']Just for being active in CAG makes me wanna try the game. Downloading now![/QUOTE]

Yea, I just downloaded the trial, I'll play it next time I'm on my 360.

Wow levels are getting tricky

With the speakers rotating to hit the goal line, I feel like I'm playing the SNES Donkey Kong Country waiting for the barrels to align before shooting myself out of them

I would absolutely love a code. I hope I can get one, usually I wouldn't try because the forum has 50+ request, but considering there isn't much activity on this post I'm hoping you can be generous.

[quote name='dwb6']id really like a code if your ever giving them out in the future.[/QUOTE]

^^ same, I've still have yet to play any indy games on the 360 marketplace though X__X

I've yet to play an Xbox Indie Game. If anybody has an extra code, please PM me! I'd post my thoughts in the review forums on CAG. Thanks!

bread's done
Back