Free Rita's Italian Ice on 3/20/09!!!

AlexD

CAGiversary!
Mark the First Day of Spring with FREE Italian Ice!

For the past 16 years, Rita's has been giving away a free, regular size Italian Ice to each and every guest to mark the first day of spring! This is a sweet date for Italian Ice lovers, as each year, hundreds of thousands of our guests visit Rita's in search of the first taste of spring.​
A Philadelphia-born springtime tradition, the 17th annual Rita's giveaway will be held on Friday, March 20, 2009 from noon to 10 p.m. at participating Rita's locations. Click here to find your closest Rita's.

We would like to extend a special thank you to all of our guests who were able to enjoy a free Italian Ice during our 2008 First Day of Spring Celebration and we look forward to seeing you again in 2009! Be sure to mark you calendars to celebrate the first day of spring with Rita's! This is surely a tasty tradition that you won't want to miss!

---​

I was able to go to this last year and its great. The line may seem a bit long at times but it moves fast.​

Last edited by a moderator:
All of you guys should go to this. If you haven't tried Rita's Italian Ice, I think you'll really like it. Get a Gellato (italian ice in a cup with a bunch of frozen custard)!

I feel old I remember when Rita's opened around 20 years ago when I was in elementary school. Back in the day they had lots of real fruit in the water ice, now it is mostly syrup.

It is still good stuff but just not the same. All in all though anyone growing up in Pennsylvania will still love it.

Me included. I already got my path planned out to stop at 3 today before I get home for my free Water Ice :) could do five but that would be tooo much.

You know it was kinda funny, after I got my razzberry ice tonight I went to the local K-Mart that was a couple miles away from Rita's. The people who were with me told me to stop, and check out this trash can that we were walking by. There in this trash can there must have been atleast 50+ other empty Rita's cups that people had thrown away. Its amuseing how all those cups migrated here one at a time from the one and only Rita's on the other side of town. :)

i went by the one here in cary and there was a line around the building. never seen so many people line up for free italian ice

bread's done
Back