Free Roku for Dish Network Subscribers!

SlaughterX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (90%)
Dish Network is giving away free Roku streaming devices. If you have Dish Network and want one then call 1-888-796-5589, then complain about not having AMC and not being able to watch Breaking Bad or Hell on Wheels. If they ask if you have a internet say yes, then if they ask if you have a device like a PS3 or Xbox say no and they will send you a Roku. Better than the $35 credit I got for Breaking Bad!

I called and asked they seem to be still giving them out depending on what channels you had before the drop and your subscription

ohh be sure to complain about not being able to watch The Walking Dead too... ololololol i don't got dish... but it's pretty messed up that uhh.... they don't get AMC

Thanks for the heads up I just got a free roku and will get a $36 dollar credit when I buy breaking bad season 5 on amazon. sweet!

My mom has Dish and I think she would like Roku. How can I tell if she had AMC? Was it a standard channel?

Edit: Never mind found out the answer to my question. AMC was part of America's Top 200 or higher, if anyone is wondering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back when Dish first dropped AMC, I was able to get $10 off a month for a year and Cinemax free for a year. I had no interested in a Roku player since I do have a PS3 and a Xbox 360. Kind of annoying not having AMC for Breaking Bad though.

We've had Dish network in the past and were totally unsatisfied with the service. We even tried them again about a year ago when Verizon's fees went up but I don't recommend them at all. The second some dark clouds roll in your picture will go out and the internet is noticeably slower too.

its nice they're throwing in a Roku. I mean now you have something to watch on the tv when it rains or snows and your cable is out. But then again the friggin' crappy WiFi signal will probably cause the programs you watch on Roku to buffer! :whistle2:#

I'm actually very satisfied with Dish after having it for a year, but I also get it for free and I previously only had 5 channels, so it's hard to complain.

I did this over a month ago a few weeks before breaking bad started 9 I *love* breaking bad. Anyways the retention agent wanted to know if I had a PS3 or Wii or anything of that sort and if I had netflix. i admited to nextflix but lied about the consoles. So they sent me the middle line model of roku and gave a 40 dollar one time credit.

Sadly they still don't have AMC, not that it matters I got other ways to watch it. But when The Walking Dead starts im going to complain again, possibly even cancel.

I couldn't get a roku but I did get all the movie channels free for 9 months, which would be $55 a month. So it's almost as good as getting a roku.

HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD?! Has anyone tried in the past week? Going to definitely try tomorrow. I hope to Allah I can get a Roku, because I was planning on dropping Dish for a Roku, Netflix and Hulu anyway. Free $50-100 product would be such a big help!

I called in for my friend yesterday and he got it. I told him to call and he did, but it did't work for him because he didn't mention the post card and he got a real bitch that lied and said that the Roku promo was over and only offered him $5 off a month for 3 months. I hung up on her after he gave me the phone, called them back, transferred straight to the cancellation department, and needless to say, they were more interested in keeping the $85 a month he is paying for service, so they complied.

The person I talked to at first was like, "Yeah, I'm just listening to your complaint and then we're done," so I point blank asked about the Roku and he put me on with a customer loyalty rep. She said yes, some people had been sent Rokus and I asked how I'm supposed to watch Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead now without AMC. She said I could use iTunes and I told her I don't watch TV on my computer, just in my living room. (A blatant lie, but whatever...) She then said that they are still offering a Roku and asked if I wanted one. I promptly replied YES and she said okay, they'll send one out and it should arrive in 5-7 days. I got it in four.

The best part is I don't even have Dish. My mom does. I just picked it up at her house. :)

[quote name='SlaughterX']You need the PIN and you have to be an authorized user on the account (or say that you are).[/QUOTE]

They only asked me for the phone number on the account. I'm not an authorized user either.

Called on Tuesday and got a $30 instant credit and a Roku 2 XD. The Roku arrived on Friday and I called back today to ask for an HDMI cable, it should be here in a few days. The agent said they would ship the cable via UPS 2-day.

bread's done
Back