Free SCEA game for those who had memory cards erased by demo.

Sony really messed up on the demo disc thing and I guess they are desperately trying to deal with it... I fee bad for the people who lost their data.. fortunately for me, I knew about the problem before I played any of the stuff and remove the memory card.

A free game is pretty small compensation for an erased memory card, but what else can they do...

i got mine last night too. I dont mind the hole.....but it left plastic shit and stuff all over in the case and sticking to the back of the game disk.

Once i got all the plastic and shit off, the game had quite a few scratches, but it was free, soo...............

Got mine today.
Fedex.
Hole drilled through case and booklet.
A little piece of plastic was loose, but i don't think it scratched up the disk.
I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth, they didn't 'owe' us anything.

Mine came yesterday (less than 10 days since I sent the demo) pretty fast!

Dang! . . . I was going to dump this on ebay, but now it sounds like I better check it out inside first. I could sell my mint copy and keep this one. The hole isn't bad but there is plastic dust in the wrapper and I hate to have trouble on a transaction when I can avoid it.

I just beat Sly 2 a week ago . . . its a really great game. I got sidetracked in the middle (RC UYA and GTA SA) but I came back to it!

Anyone know the trade-in value of Sly 2?

I just called Sony/SCEA and they said that I had to wait 2-3 weeks for my delivery....but they had my disc and that everything was in order. My luck. I guess that I have much to play as it stands already.

I sent mine out today.

Called them up first and was completly honest with them when they asked if I'd put it in my system. I said no and they said "dont!" I gave them my name and address and read them the code number off the disk to make sure it's the one they want and then tossed it in the mail. I await my ATV fury 3

I got my game in today. The hole drilled through it was a pain in the ass, there was a mess all over the inside of the box, and the disk was loose in the box, but it doesn't look too terrible, and it was free, so I guess it's a score for me :D

Just got sly 2 today.

Yeah the box was a mess inside like alongx says above. Plus the disc bottom had all this crap on it I had to clean off. Kinda ironic funny if someone didnt pay attention and just put the disc in and wrecked their ps2 too.

[quote name='dastly75']Just got sly 2 today.

Yeah the box was a mess inside like alongx says above. Plus the disc bottom had all this crap on it I had to clean off. Kinda ironic funny if someone didnt pay attention and just put the disc in and wrecked their ps2 too.[/quote]

Oh man that would be funny. :lol: Than all a sudden Sony will be giving out new PS2.

I called in last night, and they said that I would have to wait up to 2-3 weeks......alas, I went to check for another package, and I found this envelope waiting for me. It was Hot Shots Fore! Not really excited about the game, but it's free. Anyhow, SCEA has no idea when they are sending things out. This was just last night, and he couldn't see in the computer that it was sent out earlier in the week. Idiots.

Sent my demo out on December 11 and got my Hot Shots Golf Fore game today. The hole wasn't as big as I thought it would be so that was nice.

I finally recieved ATV Offroad Fury 3 today! Now which store gives the most store credit for this game? Seriously, I don't even want it...

I sent mine on the 8th and it still hasn't arrived. Is all hope lost for me? Should I wait until after New Years and then call customer service?

[quote name='Stargun007']I sent mine on the 8th and it still hasn't arrived. Is all hope lost for me? Should I wait until after New Years and then call customer service?[/quote]

I sent my demo disc on December 5th and recieved my ATV Offroad Fury 3 on December 24th. So if your game doesnt arrive by Friday, then you better give Sony a call.

got my sly 2 today.

hole was on the top-left side of the case.

completely missed the instruction booklet. :D

I got my game yesterday and...there's no hole. I can see on the barcode a split in the case, but no hole. I'm thinking the machine didn't make it through this one for some reason.

I just got SLY2 today. Took me only about 2 wks to get it. Pretty fast.

Nice game too. ANd mine had a hole as well.

[quote name='"Devin"']You sure did! I traded my ATV Offroad Fury 3 to EB Games and got $20.00 of store credit![/quote]

Wait did you trade it sealed, or preowned?

[quote name='Pope On A Rope']Got Sly 2 3 days ago. I like it, but so far it seems a bit easier than the first.[/quote]
I havent played the first but yeah, its pretty damn easy so far...but then again, i'm only at 8%. I've already bought everything at the shop, i hope more items will show up again...

I sent my demo disc out on December 17th, and got Hot Shots Golf Fore! on December 31st. :D The drilled hole is there, but I don't care. I got it so I can play the game.

I got my copy of ATV Offroad Fury 3 a few days ago. The hole isn't that bad, at all. I like this game, but am considering trading it in towards Silent Hill 4, Halo 2, or something.

Thank ye, Sony, and of course, the OP.

[quote name='JAMMR']Is Sony still offering the replacement?[/quote]
By replacement, you mean the free game, right? Yep, Sony's still offering it up to 1/31/2005.

I just got my Sly Cooper today, for those keeping track. I think I mailed off my demo on 12/20, and I did NOT receive an order number from the rep that I spoke with.

bread's done
Back