Free Schwan's Food - $9.99 or under

DarkSageRK

Banned
Surprisingly, I didn't see a thread for this. Promotion started a few days ago, but I just placed an order, so it's still going.

http://www.schwans.com/free

Free item $9.99 or under.

You might have to deal with them coming back a few times to see if you want to get on their route, but that hassle is undoubtedly worth the free food.

I picked out the chicken pot pies. 2.5 lbs and 4 servings = hot value, IMO.

I ordered a gallon of Cookies n Cream Ice Cream. Om nom nom. Didn't have to pay a dime, either.

i hope they get some of the ice cream in. i looked for 3 different ice creams and they were all out.

thanks op.

ordered a gallon of cookies and cream, was torn between that or one of the swirly ice creams.

total: $0.00 and it will be delivered tomorrow

[quote name='Gohan']Fair warning: You will have to pay a $1 delivery charge.[/QUOTE]

From Schwan's:

You may now choose any item for $10 or less from our online store and it will be delivered to your door for free! Although no additional purchase is necessary, we'd like you to add as many tasty and nutritious meals to your cart as you'd like. They will be delivered to your door by our Customer Service Manager with no delivery fee.

I ordered me some ice cream sandwiches and signed my parents up and she wanted broccoli and cheese. Didn't have to pay anything on either of them. Very nice. I might have to pass this around to friends and family also.

I can't seem to get rid of the sales tax, I guess it's a CA thing... >_<

For people that didn't have to pay sales tax, what state did you live in?

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']I can't seem to get rid of the sales tax, I guess it's a CA thing... >_<

For people that didn't have to pay sales tax, what state did you live in?[/QUOTE]

I live in MN.

Cool... going to try it. I picked the 13" Cheese Pizza

Is there a way to delete your account after this? I'd rather not have my info on a site I won't bother using again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered a cake and I said for it to be delivered on August 3rd however it has been two days and it has not arrived yet.

What is more strange is that on the Pending Orders page of the website is says that the items has been received...

I ordered the 2 lbs nuggets and they arrived yesterday but there's a problem. There is only 5 pieces of nuggets left. They were so delicious I had to eat them all in one day. lol I totally forgot about the Ice Cream or else I would've jumped on the Cookies n Cream. Tx No Tax!

[quote name='DarkSageRK']From Schwan's:[/QUOTE]

Well ...

What’s the delivery fee for?

Due to increased fuel prices and to avoid raising the prices on all of our products Schwan’s Home Service must add a $1 delivery fee on all customer purchases.

Then again, some folks over at Slickdeals are saying that the $1 fee should not apply to this particular offer.

[quote name='thepik241']I ordered a cake and I said for it to be delivered on August 3rd however it has been two days and it has not arrived yet.

What is more strange is that on the Pending Orders page of the website is says that the items has been received...[/QUOTE]

Your neighbors probably should thank you.

Free gallon of Cookies and Cream ice cream-
Subtotal:
$9.99
Discounts:
- $0.00
Promotions:
- $9.99
Delivery Fee:
What's This?
$0.00
Sales Tax:
$0.00
Total:
$0.00

Thanks OP!

I'm tempted to do this...delivery for me wouldn't be until the end of next week thought, and I really don't want them to try to sell me their overpriced food after this...i think i'll just let this pass.

Crud. I should have gone for the gallon of cookies and cream. That sounds great. Oh well, 10 ice cream bars will be good too.

Thanks

Thanks OP! :D
Ordered 8 1/4 pound burgers, was tempted on a gallon of ice cream but that would take up too much room in the freezer.

Free food is always good, especially when you don't have a credit card. I'll just pay that $0.00 at my door please.

Sweet I got corn dogs. I haven't had a corn dog in like 5 years and everytime I go to the grocery I just stare at them thinking "thats too expensive for a corn dog" this way its free. w00t thanks.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Sweet I got corn dogs. I haven't had a corn dog in like 5 years and everytime I go to the grocery I just stare at them thinking "thats too expensive for a corn dog" this way its free. w00t thanks.[/QUOTE]

Damn...i didn't think about that!

Can you specify what time you want the items delivered? I'm at work during the day and I live alone in an apartment. I wouldn't wanna come home to a puddle of melted ice cream at my door! On the other hand I wouldn't wanna use my work address and then have the stuff arrive after I punch out!

I ordered on the 5th and the delivery date is on the 19th. wtf? 2 weeks to deliver 1 gallon of ice cream is ridiculous. I know it's free, but I think that is a bad look on a new customer. I've seen a few things that are priced right and don't mind ordering again in the future but i'm skeptical now as I wouldn't want to wait later on down the line again and go through this. Anyone else having to wait a long time or am I the only one?

Okay I was curious about how delivery works so I did a little bit of poking around on their site:
Schwan's said:
Mealtime just doesn't get any easier than when it's delivered from Schwan's Home Service. Your items will be brought right to your home by one of our friendly Customer Service Managers, dropped off at your door in one of our convenient freezer bags if you're not home, or shipped via UPS in a reusable, insulated cooler packed with dry ice. All of which leaves you with more time to focus on the more important things in your life. Imagine that.
So they drop a freakin cooler off at your door and the shipping is still free?? That seems a bit generous... I am confused!

Wow, thanks OP. Ordered the Caramel Ice Cream bars. yum

[quote name='BustaUppa']Okay I was curious about how delivery works so I did a little bit of poking around on their site:So they drop a freakin cooler off at your door and the shipping is still free?? That seems a bit generous... I am confused![/QUOTE]

It says they charge extra for the bag. If you get a regular delivery that you have to be there for, it's free.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Sweet I got corn dogs. I haven't had a corn dog in like 5 years and everytime I go to the grocery I just stare at them thinking "thats too expensive for a corn dog" this way its free. w00t thanks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the idea! Went for mini corn dogs though, as they had the full $9.99 value :lol: (even though they weigh .25 lb less, but I'm guessing that's the weight of the sticks)

bread's done
Back