Free SFIV Brawler Pack on Xbox Live

MaxPower2

CAGiversary!
[quote name='Strider2K99']I think the reason this exists is because people who bought the Collector's Edition of SFIV got a voucher in it to download the Brawler costume pack for free. I'm guessing there's two versions of the pack, one free and one paid, but generally, we only see the paid one.[/QUOTE]

Correct. There is a separate URL for the 320 points one. That one you can find on the website under SFIV. This link is different and is not intended to be visible. It's an oversight by Microsoft that it's listed as free that they'll catch quickly. Same thing happened with the Gears of War 2 gold weapons. I got those for free because someone figured out the direct link to the unlisted items which were tagged as free. Microsoft quickly changed them to 99999 points.

Just to see, I figured out links to the Batman AA Gamestop exclusive and CE maps, and they were 99999 points, not free. Worth a shot.

Anyway, jump on this before Microsoft catches it.

[quote name='FRAUD_WHATS_THAT']Well if it is, it's mine now.....hhahahhahah[/QUOTE]Microsoft does have a history of taking away paid content accidentally given away for free. Remember the gold lancer for Gears 2?

This came with the Collectors Edition. Any word on if these SFIV DLC Costume packs are going to work with SSFIV? Would be pretty lame if they don't.

[quote name='UjnHunter']This came with the Collectors Edition. Any word on if these SFIV DLC Costume packs are going to work with SSFIV? Would be pretty lame if they don't.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's been stated they will.

Sweet.

Honestly I wish all DLC add ons would go this route. It's silly that map packs or stuff for games that are years old and cost $20 new have $10 DLC still.

[quote name='vegeta4567']I'm on my xbox live account now and it is charging 320 points.[/QUOTE]

As the original post points out, it's only showing as free on the xbox.com website, not on the 360.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Sweet.

Honestly I wish all DLC add ons would go this route. It's silly that map packs or stuff for games that are years old and cost $20 new have $10 DLC still.[/QUOTE]

This!! Remember when Halo 2 was all the rage, and they dropped those maps on the world? Early adopters paid $10 or whatever it was, but if you waited 3-6 months, they all went to free in the interest of matchmaking? Man those were the days. I just can't bring myself to buy half this DLC now for games that are more than a year old. Halo Wars for instance. Why pay $20 for all the DLC when the PH version is in stores for 19.99 with the full game and all the DLC. All these GOTY editions are the same. Anyone really gonna pay $40-50 for all the Fallout DLC right now by itself? Early adopters, fine, that's cool, cause you're into the game at the time and you want more. But at this moment? I know we're all CAGs here and see the light already, but even for an average consumer you gotta see the huge discrepency. It's like they keep it at full price for those few idiots who don't look into the details of what they buy at all.

wow does this make me feel even worse for getting the SFIV CE. i swear, capcom has the worst CEs. DMC4? useless. Lost planet? ditto. and ive yet to even think about using the RE5 bag. i need to learn my lesson already.

[quote name='postulio']wow does this make me feel even worse for getting the SFIV CE. i swear, capcom has the worst CEs. DMC4? useless. Lost planet? ditto. and ive yet to even think about using the RE5 bag. i need to learn my lesson already.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the figure that came with it was garbage and the "exlusive costumes?" Brawler pack. Thanks for the $80.

Thanks a lot OP! I have put over 90 hours into street fighter 4, but couldnt bring myself to pay for addtional costumes. This is Cheap Ass Gamer...

I see that all those costume packs are only a few hundred kb in size.....Can't believe capcom pulled a EA with unlocking content already on disc crap

Nabbed it because free is a great price. However...

I just checked in my SFIV collector's edition, and it turns out that I got this one pack for free anyway.

Anyone has a Femme Fatale costume pack code for the Brawler pack?

[quote name='supaet']I see that all those costume packs are only a few hundred kb in size.....Can't believe capcom pulled a EA with unlocking content already on disc crap[/QUOTE]

Pulled the same thing with RE5 versus mode. Came out the week of the game, and you mean to tell me a whole new game mode with maps, etc is only a hundred kb? They said it's cause the mode used art assets already on the disc from the campaign. I call their bluff.

[quote name='mrosnwo']Pulled the same thing with RE5 versus mode. Came out the week of the game, and you mean to tell me a whole new game mode with maps, etc is only a hundred kb? They said it's cause the mode used art assets already on the disc from the campaign. I call their bluff.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='supaet']I see that all those costume packs are only a few hundred kb in size.....Can't believe capcom pulled a EA with unlocking content already on disc crap[/QUOTE]

You guys are a year late with the whining. :p

Thanks OP. I almost didn't cuz I don't care that much about costumes, but hey it's free. And might be cool whenever I get Super.

bread's done
Back