Free shipping with pre-orders at Outer Heaven

TheRealVance

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (50%)
The formalities first: I am advertising for my own store. I contacted CheapyD when I registered for permission and he gave it, providing I'm not spamming and that I post this notice.

I maintain a physical store in downtown Los Angeles, and hope to establish a rather ace reputation here. While it's hard to target specific deals while running the store, I wanted to see if you guys were interesting in pre-booking items. List price, I'm afraid (until I can reliably purchase bulk, my distributors keep me paying a premium), but free shipping. Here's how it works:

My shop is down the street from the major Los Angeles shipping hub, which sees items delivered almost anywhere in pretty fast time. I can guarantee that items will be shipped by (at latest), the morning of release day. For the obvious question: I do occasionally get items early, but it's getting kind of rare and I don't have any way of knowing in advance.

Right now I'd like to test the waters with pre-orders of the DS title Kingdom Hearts re:coded and MvC3, respectively $35 and $60. Your opinions?

-Vance

I'm glad you guys like the name! I am trying to encourage classic trade-ins so I can get some original Metal Gear, and I do still have some of the triple packs. Aside from that, we had some of the MGS1 and 2 figures, but they all sold immediately and I can't find more just yet! I have a set of those Japanese random box MGS2 figures as well, but haven't decided if I want to sell them or just display them. I am obviously a bit of an MGS nut.

Chris: Afraid I'm not hiring at the moment, in fact I'm trying to stay in business! Low sales and a crazy landlord are stacking the odds against me, which is why I'm here.

oh wow are you the store a few doors down from Daikokuya??

I stopped by friday evening while waiting for the restaurant to call me!!

if u can remember, I asked about NES games coz I just obtained one!!

I do have some thoughts, they're not very positive but please at least hear me out. I'm not very interested in preordering a game at MSRP, much less one that ships ON release day... there's quite a few online stores out there that do this already (like Amazon), plus I think most people would be willing to run down to one of the local B&M stores and have it that day since there is no real variance in price. That's my opinion at least, I'd like to think it's the opinion of almost everyone around here. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you've been here since 09, why would you think people here would want to preorder something for MSRP, much less something that didn't possibly offer free next day shipping?

It's not fault of your own, but I'm also kinda pissed that Cheapy would allow this to be posted in the deals section... I'm sure you run a great B&M store, but 1) It's a rather regional thing, pending a website and 2) this particular thread is more a deal discussion than a deal posting

Don't get me wrong, I am interested in your store and I hope you get a site running for us east coasters to check your stuff out, but I can't say I'm very interested in your pre-order idea.

The address is:

341 E 1st Street

Appreciate the input, I have some thoughts in return. First off, don't be pissed at Cheapy: He didn't give me a primer on where to post, just that I was allowed to. If this is the wrong place, please let me know. I was under the impression that this was the place to offer stuff nationally, and that discussion was in a lower forum. If not, that's my bad.

As far as the pre-order thing, I was looking for the response be it positive or negative. If more people want to chime in and let me know if it is or isn't something they'd be interested in, I'd appreciate it. I'm working on a deal with my national distributor to receive the games a day or two early on a regular basis so that I can actually get them to customers on the release day.

Pretty soon the website is all I'll have; working on a move back to Florida, and doubt I'll open another store for a few years.

bread's done
Back