Free Speedball 2 on Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

meatwad3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.cdaction.pl/seriale/speedball_2

the website is in polish however all you need to do is send your e-mail ( a spam/junk is recommended )

after go to your junk e-mail and open the mail it should contain a cd-key for the game

go to your games tab on your steam client and then go to activate a product on steam

copy and paste the key when promted to enter a key

voilà ... free speedball 2

I first heard of this promotion from a random poster on gamefaqs.com on the PC hardware board
so I figure I'd link it here for some cags to get a free game

actually this is the tournament edition of the game not just speedball 2*

Last edited by a moderator:
Used my spam email address (separate from my Steam email) and it still worked.

They emailed me a key and I put it into Steam. Downloading now.

Thanks for the heads up!

I guess I'm an idiot. I got the code, but do you go to "buy" it and then enter the code?

Thanks.

Edit: Nm....OP edited post to reflect the proper procedure.

Knowing Steam's harsh ban policies, I question the safety of doing this. I don't want to risk my entire steam collection for a cheap game I'll probably never play.

I wouldn't worry about it too much DallasCowboys iirc there was a website posted on here from portugal a few months ago that did this same sort of thing where they gave out free cd-key's for a game on steam that you had to give an e-mail for while supplies lasted. and quite a few sources are saying this pretty legit however I do understand your paranoia about all this but I assure you there's nothing to worry about as I wouldn't do this either have I had any feeling I'd lose my digital copies of games i own on steam.

thanks op, and yeah I highly doubt steam would even be able to know where you got a cd key from but I could be wrong.

idk if this is true, but I sent the site to a friend and he said his firewall detected a trojan on the page. You might want to run a scan, but I haven't had any issues yet.

I didn't get anything from what i've seen I don't have a firewall personally ( well I do but I don't personally use a firewall programme. ) but I have scanned my computer with updated Avast! home 4.8 , Malwarebytes , and Spybot S&D and I've had no infections on my computer though I use noscript add-on for firefox and I never got a trojan. so I couldn't explain how he may have gotten one from the page since I never got anything which is why I said it was pretty clean

Quick question @ndrew : What firewall was your friend using since he might've been using one that set off a false positive.

I got the email, activated, and installed with no problems. But now I am scanning my PC with an updated AVG 8.5 to ensure that nothing bad was installed. I am doubting any malware though. Seemed legit.

[quote name='meatwad3000']I didn't get anything from what i've seen I don't have a firewall personally ( well I do but I don't personally use a firewall programme. ) but I have scanned my computer with updated Avast! home 4.8 , Malwarebytes , and Spybot S&D and I've had no infections on my computer though I use noscript add-on for firefox and I never got a trojan. so I couldn't explain how he may have gotten one from the page since I never got anything which is why I said it was pretty clean

Quick question @ndrew : What firewall was your friend using since he might've been using one that set off a false positive.[/QUOTE]

I believe he said it was McAffee or something of that sort. I also scanned my computer right after and haven't found anything wrong as of yet.

yea it's probably McAfee . Not a very good virus scanner at all and it gives off a lot of false positives and doesn't seem to detect true viruses really well at all. X_X

Due to the fact that the serial numbers to play Speedball 2 were collected mainly by non-Polish people and because of their large pool though, is limited, however, change the rules thereof.
Persons interested in obtaining the serial number to play Speedball 2: Tournament are invited to use our discussion forum and send Private Messages (PW) to a user called Speedball2.
http://forum.cdaction.pl/index.php?act=Msg&CODE=4&MID=66001

This message must be written in English and of course to do this you must have an account on our forums.
The answer will be sent to the numbers game. Time to response may be from several minutes to several hours as the person operating the account will not always have the time and opportunity to respond more quickly.

dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back